Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.69

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.22
1 hr ago
The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolphin Tale 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.61

Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.97

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 05-16-2019, 01:02 AM   #3081
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
Not yet available for pre-order, but confirmed by multiple sources, including Fox's own website. Release date July 23.

https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/ali...ngel#bluray_4k
Sweet thanks!
Old 05-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #3082

Jul 2018

A miracle happened. My LG G6 fixed itself!

My Tivo Bolt died and we lost all our shows (man, I'm having bad luck with electronics). I sent in for a Tivo replacement. When I was pulling the TV forward so that I could get my arm behind to the Tivo power plug the line in my TV went away. It was on at the time and I was looking behind the TV while I was pulling it forward, but then looked at the TV and noticed the line was gone. I yelled out to my wife a bunch of happy expletives.

Then I said to my wife "Oh man, we sent that letter in already. Now they're still going to come and take it away." She told me that she hadn't sent it in yet actually.

Now it makes me wonder how much LG knew it was probably a good panel while also telling me it couldn't be fixed and that's why they were trying to buy it back.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (05-24-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #3083
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Reel View Post
A miracle happened. My LG G6 fixed itself!

My Tivo Bolt died and we lost all our shows (man, I'm having bad luck with electronics). I sent in for a Tivo replacement. When I was pulling the TV forward so that I could get my arm behind to the Tivo power plug the line in my TV went away. It was on at the time and I was looking behind the TV while I was pulling it forward, but then looked at the TV and noticed the line was gone. I yelled out to my wife a bunch of happy expletives.

Then I said to my wife "Oh man, we sent that letter in already. Now they're still going to come and take it away." She told me that she hadn't sent it in yet actually.

Now it makes me wonder how much LG knew it was probably a good panel while also telling me it couldn't be fixed and that's why they were trying to buy it back.
Hi 4Reel,

That's certainly great news!
Old 05-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #3084

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
My friend already had his TV die and get replaced with a crappy 2D one, now all the 3D discs he has are useless!
Sad to hear that he didn't use the opportunity to upgrade to large front projection instead, where many manufacturers still support 3D front projection (and especially in the DLP front projector camp, after the loss of 3D support in the first 4K models last year - home theater users were so upset and vocal that the latest 4K DLP projectors now all support 3D...).

IMHO, front projection enables an immersive 3D experience which smaller flat screens just can't match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
It shouldn’t be too much to ask to keep 3D at least on the most expensive top of the line models, especially when they still include other features which are useless to some.
I concur. It's strange that no flat screen manufacturer realizes the opportunity for a competetive advantage.

In the world of fish there's swarm intelligence, in the world of the AV industry, unfortunately, such a thing apparently doesn't exist.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #3085
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank169 View Post
It's strange that no flat screen manufacturer realizes the opportunity for a competitive advantage.

In the world of fish there's swarm intelligence, in the world of the AV industry, unfortunately, such a thing apparently doesn't exist.
I strongly suspect that the banning of 3D-format-compatible-direct-view-components come from the UHD peak-brightness issues via a leveraged BDA consortium control maneuver.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:54 PM   #3086
Special Member

Jul 2009

My TV has both 3D and UHD (thus allowing passive with no loss in resolution) and is plenty bright.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #3087
Special Member

Apr 2018

Theme parks are now ditching 3D too

https://www.themeparktourist.com/new...way-out?page=1
Old 05-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #3088
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

If 3D was truly dead ...

a) This thread wouldn't even exist.
b) We wouldn't enjoy the recent Aquaman in 3D.
c) We woudnlt enjoy the recent Mortal Engines in 3D.
d) We wouldn't enjoy the recent Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in 3D.

* Theme parks are fun for kids (and adults too...families); too bad they cut their 3D fun.
I know many kids who are going to cry dino tears.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-02-2019)
Old 06-02-2019, 12:47 AM   #3089

Feb 2016

Here in the UK we still get 3D releases but I also see sales/clearance, like 2 3D films for Ł8.. which might not be that cheap in the US.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:18 PM   #3090
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universalx1 View Post
Here in the UK we still get 3D releases but I also see sales/clearance, like 2 3D films for Ł8.. which might not be that cheap in the US.
Hi universe,

That's $10.11 United States. Some have mentioned getting a few old ones for $5.99 each so it is in line with 9.48 British pounds.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #3091
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

I feel a very important point is being missed at the moment. Sony have just confirmed backwards support for the PSVR on their new console due next year. This means that if Sony allow Blu-ray playback of film (almost guaranteed) we all have a means of accessing 3D for the next 7-8 years at the very least. It also means a software update may well be possible that improves image quality.
Thanks given by:
FingolfinFinwe (07-18-2019), kurosawa (06-08-2019), Paul H (06-08-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d t.v, 3d tv production halted, poping