Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$33.99

WWE 2K19 (Xbox One)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Control (Xbox One)
$44.75

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (Xbox One)
$14.99

Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$21.99

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75

Anthem (Xbox One)
$9.99

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Xbox One)
$29.99

Final Fantasy X | X-2 (Xbox One)
$29.99

The Division 2 (Xbox One)
$46.29
16 hrs ago
Soul Calibur VI (Xbox One)
$49.97

The Crew 2 (Xbox One)
$48.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 02-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
Default XBOX game pass. $9.99/mo to download games to your system. No streaming.

This is awesome. Also available on Windows 10 devices. According to the FAQ the games can be played for up to 30 days without an internet connection. Reasonable price as well.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/28/14...-one-microsoft

Quote:
Microsoft is moving into the world of Netflix-style game subscriptions with Xbox Game Pass, a monthly service coming this spring that will give you a selection of games you can download and play on your Xbox One for $9.99 a month.

The service will include “over 100 games,” including Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II.

“One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One,” the official post states. “That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog — and related add-ons — will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly updating library of games.”

Any game you buy through the service will be sold to you at a 20 percent discount.

An alpha preview of the program begins today with “a very limited” number of games, and Xbox Live Gold subscribers will get first crack at the program this spring. It also sounds as if the service may be available, at least in part, on the PC.

“Xbox Game Pass will only be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices,” Microsoft stated. “While some Xbox 360 backwards compatible games will be included in Xbox Game Pass, those titles will not be available on the Xbox 360 console via your subscription.”

This is an interesting shift away from traditional premium gaming on consoles, although the viability of the service will likely depend on the quality of the games offered for download and play every month. Microsoft has stated that 2K, 505 Games, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Capcom, Codemasters, Deep Silver, Focus Home Interactive, Sega, SNK Corporation, THQ Nordic GmbH, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Microsoft Studios have all signed on to provide games for the service.

Last edited by dyne; 05-09-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Thanks given by:
Talzin78 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Expert Member

Aug 2012
South Attleboro, MA

As an EA subscriber, I think these subscription services are a great way to try allot of great games with little investment.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
Expert Member

Mar 2016

a Netflix like subscription doesn't sound like a good idea. I am a EA subscriber and I'll like it but only having a game for a month and the fact that their going to start off with games like NBA 2K16 I can go buy that for $20 right now.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissaywer View Post
a Netflix like subscription doesn't sound like a good idea. I am a EA subscriber and I'll like it but only having a game for a month and the fact that their going to start off with games like NBA 2K16 I can go buy that for $20 right now.
I would imagine not all 100 cycle out every month. They would have to have something in place (hopefully a date on each game when you go to download it) for games that take a while to beat so somebody doesn't download and start the game a day before it cycles out. More than likely they'll cycle out <20 games a month so even using that logic most games will be around at least 2 months.

I think it's a great value and shows that MS is very much on the defensive and trying everything they can to keep current players happy. They're doing a great job in my eyes.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I would imagine not all 100 cycle out every month. They would have to have something in place (hopefully a date on each game when you go to download it) for games that take a while to beat so somebody doesn't download and start the game a day before it cycles out. More than likely they'll cycle out <20 games a month so even using that logic most games will be around at least 2 months.

I think it's a great value and shows that MS is very much on the defensive and trying everything they can to keep current players happy. They're doing a great job in my eyes.
Will maybe they should make the gold membership better and release more games backward completel
Old 02-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Will maybe they should make the gold membership better and release more games backward completel
So you're saying that right now you don't feel what they give with Gold is a good value?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #7
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
So you're saying that right now you don't feel what they give with Gold is a good value?
No I don't.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

not a good value imo, why would I pay $10 monthly to play old games? these games can be found cheap anyway

they should stop trying with the 'netflix for video games', yes you get access to play 100 games, but are you really going to play them?

the service would be good for renting, though, for example if they had a game that I wanted to play and it was more than $10 on the store, I'd subscribe play it and unsubscribe, but to keep a subscription going? nah
Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
not a good value imo, why would I pay $10 monthly to play old games? these games can be found cheap anyway

they should stop trying with the 'netflix for video games', yes you get access to play 100 games, but are you really going to play them?

the service would be good for renting, though, for example if they had a game that I wanted to play and it was more than $10 on the store, I'd subscribe play it and unsubscribe, but to keep a subscription going? nah
You can get all 100 of Those games for under ten bucks?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

when did I say that? but if you're the kind of person who wants to get 100 games, this service is great for you
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
when did I say that? but if you're the kind of person who wants to get 100 games, this service is great for you
Even if you want to screw around with 4 or 5 this is a great deal.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Even if you want to screw around with 4 or 5 this is a great deal.
if every month you found 4-5 games to play, it would be a great deal. specially if you don't buy new releases, you'll be saving a lot

and it's also good for someone new to gaming

but if you're keeping up with releases for years, already have a big library, and have games with gold (which gives weekly discounts) you might as well buy the games you're interested in, instead of paying monthly fees
Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Ahh it's MS doing what they do best. They "jingle their keys" off to the side and distract their fans with some new feature or service, hoping to take their minds off the fact they have very few new games for them.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Ahh it's MS doing what they do best. They "jingle their keys" off to the side and distract their fans with some new feature or service, hoping to take their minds off the fact they have very few new exclusive games for them.
Ftfy.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #15
Expert Member

Mar 2016

Quote:
Ahh it's MS doing what they do best. They "jingle their keys" off to the side and distract their fans with some new feature or service, hoping to take their minds off the fact they have very few new games for them.
I use my PS4 more then my Xbox but I don't see any exclusives that's worth talking about that's coming out this year. The only good ones are The Show 17 and the Kingdom Hearts set and Crash but I doubt that's an exclusive. So there's nothing special coming out this year now if God Of War was coming out this year then that's something to talk about.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I use my PS4 more then my Xbox but I don't see any exclusives that's worth talking about that's coming out this year. The only good ones are The Show 17 and the Kingdom Hearts set and Crash but I doubt that's an exclusive. So there's nothing special coming out this year now if God Of War was coming out this year then that's something to talk about.
Then you're blind.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Ftfy.
LOL touche'!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:38 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I know of at least one of my friends said that they are going to give this one an quick try to see how it ends up its now the Netflix of Video Gaming but 100 games for under ten bucks is an overall good deal i'm going to wait and see what my friend has to say about it first before i even give it an chance then.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Then you're blind.
Or just don't have a taste for the exclusives releasing on PS4 Personally I was only interested in Horizon: Zero Dawn.

As far as this game pass is concerned, I like the idea and it could potentially be good over time. I doubt I'll participate though with the massive backlog of games I already have.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:39 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Or just don't have a taste for the exclusives releasing on PS4 Personally I was only interested in Horizon: Zero Dawn.

As far as this game pass is concerned, I like the idea and it could potentially be good over time. I doubt I'll participate though with the massive backlog of games I already have.
you need Nioh and Yakuza 0 in your life

and I agree with your second point, the service is not bad per say, it's just not for us hardcorde gamers. if I'm not playing a new game, I'm playing a game from my backlog. also my play style is to complete a game and move on to another one, not jump between games

OT, I actually unsubscribed to netflix this week, I think I'm done with this 'system', I'll just subscribe when they have a couple of shows I want to see, but I won't keep the subscription all year round like before
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One