Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Mandy ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Lego Marvel Collection (Xbox One)
$19.99

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99

Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99

Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$17.00

Monster Jam: Steel Titans (Xbox One)
$33.84

Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$29.99

Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post

OT, I actually unsubscribed to netflix this week, I think I'm done with this 'system', I'll just subscribe when they have a couple of shows I want to see, but I won't keep the subscription all year round like before
That's what I do with subs. Wait until there's two or three shows I need to watch, get it for a month and unsubscribe. Probably what I'll do with this. Once there's 2-3 games I want to play that I know can be beaten fairly quickly I'll sub for a month.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
That's what I do with subs. Wait until there's two or three shows I need to watch, get it for a month and unsubscribe. Probably what I'll do with this. Once there's 2-3 games I want to play that I know can be beaten fairly quickly I'll sub for a month.
We do this with HBO Go. When a new Game of Thrones season starts we sign up. When the season ends, we unsubscribe. I'm willing to bet most services are perfectly fine with that. Sure they'd love to get everyone for the full year but I'll bet a LOT of people do this so there's a constant exodus and a constant influx of subscribers. Either way I'm sure it's extremely profitable.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #23
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Surprised it took this long. Will enroll for a month or two to play backlog games.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:59 PM   #24

Apr 2015
Columbus, GA, USA

I have a huge backlog of games, this is a very cheap way to get through them all. Awesome service. Can't wait for it!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Canada

As a person who misses rental stores I love the idea. Will definitely check this out.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #26

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
if every month you found 4-5 games to play, it would be a great deal. specially if you don't buy new releases, you'll be saving a lot

and it's also good for someone new to gaming

but if you're keeping up with releases for years, already have a big library, and have games with gold (which gives weekly discounts) you might as well buy the games you're interested in, instead of paying monthly fees
I feel like you're comparing apples to oranges. You just want to collect, this is a rental service. If all you care about is playing the games than for most titles this would save you money.

I made that mistake of thinking I was saving money on the 360 with their Gold Sales. Sure I only paid $3-5 per game, but I played them for a few hours, beat them and then never touched it again. If I can pay $10 to knock out a few games a month that would normally cost me over $10 to buy, I see that as a deal.

I honestly don't know what point you're even trying to make in your last paragraph. The only effect having a big backlog has on you is that it limits your selection of games to play, a selection of games we don't quite know about yet. I have a massive backlog too and quite frankly, I'm sick or leaving money on the table for digital only games. I'm a physical guy who likes the idea of being able to resell my game to recoup some of the money paid initially. The indie landscape is almost all digital only and as a result I have hundreds of dollars sitting in a digital collection which I most likely won't touch ever again once it's been beaten.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

June 1st.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nches-1st-june

Quote:
Microsoft looks set to roll-out its Xbox One game subscription service on 1st June, according to a new advert.

The offering will let you play more than 100 games at launch, for the monthly price of 7.99. There's also a 14-day free trial. It's a bit like Netflix, then, although you'll download the games before playing.

In Europe, Xbox Games Pass will cost 9.99. In the US, it'll cost $9.99.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
It's definitely a bold move and could really be a game changer in terms of how we consume videogames. What's going to determine it's success is just how many "current" games stay in the lineup at any given time and if there will indeed be exclusive content like Phil Spencer theorized. I'm assuming that publishers will get a kick back on every download of their particular games. That's a pretty good idea, especially on games that have stopped selling.

One thing is for sure, retailers are going to HATE this.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Larry Hyrb said Gold members should be able to start the 14 day trial today. I think the only retailers that will feel burned are ones in the used game market. As long as they keep this limited to games 6+ months old, retailers are still getting their day 1 Madden and CoD sales.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Larry Hyrb said Gold members should be able to start the 14 day trial today. I think the only retailers that will feel burned are ones in the used game market. As long as they keep this limited to games 6+ months old, retailers are still getting their day 1 Madden and CoD sales.
This is a service that will discourage game purchasing. This absolutely will effect all retailers who sell videogames, new and used. Why do you think DVD/Blu Ray sections among retailers have greatly.downsized over the last 7 years? Streaming services have had an enormous impact on the sale of physical media. With digital game purchase already eating into retailers sales, this is just another nail in the coffin.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I get what you're saying but I think you overestimate the general buying public. There's a reason games make 99% of their sales in the first couple of weeks. Gamers are impulsive and need to have it when their friends do. For the most part they won't wait 6+ months for it to arrive on this service. If Twitch streams haven't tanked game sales I don't think this will either.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:11 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I get what you're saying but I think you overestimate the general buying public. There's a reason games make 99% of their sales in the first couple of weeks. Gamers are impulsive and need to have it when their friends do. For the most part they won't wait 6+ months for it to arrive on this service. If Twitch streams haven't tanked game sales I don't think this will either.
It'll definitely have to be a balancing act. On the one hand, MS is going to have continue to provide new(ish) and relevant games to make the service worth subscribing to. On the other hand they're going to have to be careful not to piss off retailers by affecting potential sales of games.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Agreed. I just logged in and got 1 game (Mad Max). There are probably about 15 I would get with an empty library but I already own everything else I would be interested in.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

as expected, a bunch of old games (they even have the 360 versions of Bioshock, not the remasters), some were already part of games with gold, and you can easily find must of them cheap now. not worth it imo. again, unless you're new to gaming/xbox
Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #35
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

All New Releases From Microsoft Studios will launch on Game Pass day and date with retail.

https://majornelson.com/2018/01/23/x...osoft-studios/
Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

They're really pushing this. I'd love to see numbers. It's a fantastic no brainer for new customers that don't have a library built up yet.

This may also (hopefully) build up the Sea of Thieves base. I'm really hoping this one is successful as I'm not sure what will become of Rare if it's not.

Last edited by dyne; 01-23-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
They're really pushing this. I'd love to see numbers. It's a fantastic no brainer for new customers that don't have a library built up yet.

This may also (hopefully) build up the Sea of Thieves base. I'm really hoping this one is successful as I'm not sure what will become of Rare if it's not.
I'm going to a buddy's house this weekend to check out the Sea of Thieves beta. I'm looking forward to it because man, I am just NOT sold on this game based on video footage. I cannot help but get the feeling that this game will be fun the first couple of weeks but it'll get old very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
All New Releases From Microsoft Studios will launch on Game Pass day and date with retail.

https://majornelson.com/2018/01/23/x...osoft-studios/
Wow. That's a BOLD move! I figured they'd at least wait until after the initial launch push before bringing anything new to Game Pass! Of course, one COULD interpret this as MS not being confident that these titles will sell. However either way, It's pretty ballsy on their part.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 01-23-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I'm going to a buddy's house this weekend to check out the Sea of Thieves beta. I'm looking forward to it because man, I am just NOT sold on this game based on video footage. I cannot help but get the feeling that this game will be fun the first couple of weeks but it'll get old very fast.
That's a concern of mine as well, that it'll be like Destiny and fizzle quick on content. I've been playing all through the alpha and that wasn't a good representation of the game because they had most everything turned off. A lot more is supposed to be turned on for the BETA so hopefully we get a better idea of what the game will include long term.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Damn that's pretty sick to offer new games day one.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Wow. That's a BOLD move! I figured they'd at least wait until after the initial launch push before bringing anything new to Game Pass! Of course, one COULD interpret this as MS not being confident that these titles will sell. However either way, It's pretty ballsy on their part.
What needs to be remembered is that when a game sells at retail the actual profit for MS and SONY is very small. Last I read it was around $5, maybe as high as $10. Now figure with them getting most of the $10 a month for 12 months, that's like selling 1-2 full price retail games a month throughout the year. Anybody would be happy to get 12-24 games from the non-hardcore segment. It also instantly bolsters any multiplayer those games will have.

Another perk is that they have "challenges" called Gamepass Goals. They're a very easy monthly thing to obtain that sometimes give you at the very least a movie rental, $5 MS credit or a month of Live and at the most enter you into much bigger drawings as well. This month is to download and play Dirt Rally. If you play for 5 hours in the month you win the smaller item. Play for 10+ and you win the small item and get entered into the large prize for the month.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One