Best Xbox One Game Deals

Amazon Prime Day is Now Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Lego Marvel Collection (Xbox One)
$19.99

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox One)
$49.94
23 hrs ago
Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$49.99

Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99

Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 01-26-2018, 05:28 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I'm going to a buddy's house this weekend to check out the Sea of Thieves beta. I'm looking forward to it because man, I am just NOT sold on this game based on video footage. I cannot help but get the feeling that this game will be fun the first couple of weeks but it'll get old very fast.
I was surprised to see that the game will retail for $60. I can't complain much as I can get MS titles for half retail through friends at MS but to me this game seems like a $29.99-$39.99 retail game at best. Unsure if there is a campaign, it doesn't seem like a game that I would even enjoy playing a campaign but as a multiplayer game with friends it may be fun to play, but agree, how long it keeps people's interest is the real question.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #42
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
I was surprised to see that the game will retail for $60. I can't complain much as I can get MS titles for half retail through friends at MS but to me this game seems like a $29.99-$39.99 retail game at best. Unsure if there is a campaign, it doesn't seem like a game that I would even enjoy playing a campaign but as a multiplayer game with friends it may be fun to play, but agree, how long it keeps people's interest is the real question.
Here's a quote from my friend who's been playing the beta...

Quote:
"I played it last night. It’s very easy to adapt to the controls. The game clearly works best with communication. From my experiences after turning chat on the game plays extremely well. If you hit the Seas on your own you have a lot to do and a lot to watch for. If you sail up to a 4 player boat on your own, yeah you’re going to die. Game has a lot of strategy involved. Now I won’t deny there is some dead time when you’re in open water but, your usually too busy watching for other boats or preparing your boat for war. Spent over an hour and was able to go dig up two treasures last night."
That's actually a pretty even-keel response from him, as usually when it comes to Xbox exclusives, no matter the game, he's usually all "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER PLAYED!" So his reaction surprised me a little. I'm going over there tonight to try it out. I'll post my impressions later on.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I've been in it since early alpha and that has been the issue all along is how much is there to actually do. They kept saying all along that there would be more to do and that the game would be opened up in the beta. It still seems to be sail, fight others and dig treasure.

Actually the comment about dead time in the open water is something they've been addressing for a while. The time between coming across other players used to be a LOT longer.

I want this game to succeed for Rare but I just have a feeling content will be thin at launch as I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. Really hoping I'm wrong.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I've been in it since early alpha and that has been the issue all along is how much is there to actually do. They kept saying all along that there would be more to do and that the game would be opened up in the beta. It still seems to be sail, fight others and dig treasure.

Actually the comment about dead time in the open water is something they've been addressing for a while. The time between coming across other players used to be a LOT longer.

I want this game to succeed for Rare but I just have a feeling content will be thin at launch as I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. Really hoping I'm wrong.
I think at the end of the day I'm just not this game's target demographic. I'm NOT a gamer that desires to play games that strongly encourage communal interaction. I'm definitely the stereotypical "PlayStation" guy who prefers single player, story-driven gaming. For those who love this kind of stuff, I'm sure SOT will be great.

I will say again though, the lighting and the water physics are stunning! I could look at videos of that stuff all day, LOL!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:

Got the notification about you had asked what I felt Destiny should be at launch but can't find the post. I didn't pick up Destiny or D2, did those games feature a campaign or were there multiplayer only? Now that you have spent some time with SoT, and have experience with it, do you think the $59.99 price point will be accepted by gamers, or do you feel it should perhaps be at a cheaper price point? I too am hoping the game is a big hit, it does look fun, but as another person pointed out it does seem to really shine when you have a full crew or a group of friends playing with you with everyone communicating.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Got the notification about you had asked what I felt Destiny should be at launch but can't find the post. I didn't pick up Destiny or D2, did those games feature a campaign or were there multiplayer only? Now that you have spent some time with SoT, and have experience with it, do you think the $59.99 price point will be accepted by gamers, or do you feel it should perhaps be at a cheaper price point? I too am hoping the game is a big hit, it does look fun, but as another person pointed out it does seem to really shine when you have a full crew or a group of friends playing with you with everyone communicating.
Yeah I removed it because I figured it might trigger some people even though it was a good parallel. Destiny 1 and 2 have very short campaigns that can be beaten in a weekend and can be played solo or co-op. They both launched at $60. I'm not really sure what this should be priced at because we have no indication yet how much content there is and how much there is to do beyond dig for treasure and fight other people in groups of 4. They've also never said (afaik) how future content will be doled out. Like Destiny every 6 months for $40 and beat it in a day or will content be free? There's been no communication about it. Will this be just like Destiny where people log in and go through the motions not because there's interesting and new stuff to do but simply an interactive way to hang out with mates online? There's just too many unknowns right now and with it launching soon there shouldn't be. I think most of the $60 purchasers will be people that have stuck with and enjoyed it since alpha but the majority of players will come from the Gamepass subscribers who might pick it up here and there.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Yeah I removed it because I figured it might trigger some people even though it was a good parallel. Destiny 1 and 2 have very short campaigns that can be beaten in a weekend and can be played solo or co-op. They both launched at $60. I'm not really sure what this should be priced at because we have no indication yet how much content there is and how much there is to do beyond dig for treasure and fight other people in groups of 4. They've also never said (afaik) how future content will be doled out. Like Destiny every 6 months for $40 and beat it in a day or will content be free? There's been no communication about it. Will this be just like Destiny where people log in and go through the motions not because there's interesting and new stuff to do but simply an interactive way to hang out with mates online? There's just too many unknowns right now and with it launching soon there shouldn't be. I think most of the $60 purchasers will be people that have stuck with and enjoyed it since alpha but the majority of players will come from the Gamepass subscribers who might pick it up here and there.
I will probably check it out when it hits in late March, see if any friends want to get it, my guess is if the game doesn't take off within a few weeks after release we will probably see it hit a sale price of $39.99 at Best Buy, etc.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:12 AM   #48
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Some retailers are to stop selling Xbox products entirely, due to game pass.

Quote:
Some independent games retailers in the UK have said they will no longer stock Xbox hardware and software as Games Pass has made their Xbox business “worthless overnight.”

Many of these smaller firms rely on day one and pre-owned sales, and now that all Microsoft Game studio titles will appear on Games Pass from day one they fear this will reduce sales and completely destroy any second hand value for the games.

“Essentially, it’s made [our Xbox business] worthless overnight,” said Stuart Benson of Leicestershire store Extreme Gamez via GamesIndustry.biz. “Why should we support them and sell their consoles and accessories if we’re going to get very little out of it? We don’t make anything off their digital selection. It’s pretty pointless. We might as well go where we’re supported, which is Sony.”

“Game Pass will have an effect on all first-party titles,” adds Sholing Video’s Paul Lemesurier. “We have already told Exertis we will not be stocking Sea of Thieves at all. Why bother when supermarkets will throw it out less then cost, online e-tailers will break street dates – which are a joke – and ship up to five days before release cheaper than us, and now Microsoft is throwing it on Game Pass for a tenner.”

However, some other retailers have said that Games Pass will barely effect their bsuiness as they don’t sell many Xbox games in the first place. “For every 20 PlayStation titles we sell, we only sell one or two Xbox titles. It’s not going to hit our bottom line massively,” commented one retailer.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/01/...edium=facebook
Old 01-31-2018, 06:13 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Sounds like there were more problems in place than just Gamepass but that it was the "straw that broke."

Quote:
“We have already told Exertis we will not be stocking Sea of Thieves at all. Why bother when supermarkets will throw it out less then cost, online e-tailers will break street dates – which are a joke – and ship up to five days before release cheaper than us, and now Microsoft is throwing it on Game Pass for a tenner.”
Old 01-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #50
Power Member

Jun 2010

I'm very interested to see how this develops over time.

I've mostly quit buying movies and just have a 1 disc at a time netflix plan and netflix streaming etc. as I so rarely rewatch anything and regret the collection I have as is.

Games I revisit even less often, so I buy physical and sell after beating/abandoning for the most part. That keeps cost down, but is a bit of a hassle. If I could pay $10-20 a month to digitally "rent" an unlimited number of titles a month and it had all the games I wanted to play that would be a no brainer.

TBH, I probably should give Gamefly a go again. I haven't tried them in years. Turn around time was dreadful when I did before, but I'm in a major city and probably have a closer distribution center now.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post

TBH, I probably should give Gamefly a go again. I haven't tried them in years. Turn around time was dreadful when I did before, but I'm in a major city and probably have a closer distribution center now.
Same here. I tried it years ago and from the time I mailed one back to getting a new one was over 2 weeks.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:12 PM   #52
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Same here. I tried it years ago and from the time I mailed one back to getting a new one was over 2 weeks.
Yep, was about the same for me. But it's probably been a decade ago and was in a different state etc. So maybe I'll give it another go when I get through my current crop of games and small backlog.

Redbox is nice as well, but really only for those 6-8 hour or less games you can beat in 1-3 nights.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:00 AM   #53
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Quote:
I never trusted Gamefly availability and shipping times.
Thanks given by:
Kurri (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #54
Special Member

Dec 2008
Chamber Of Secrets

Don't get on my XB1 much but I wanted to stop and chime in on this idea. I primarily play on PS4 but this excites me for the future Xbox exclusives as from now on I can pay $10 to play it for a month instead of $60.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Rise of the Tomb Raider, Super Lucky's Tale, Oxenfree, Euro Fishing, The Final Station and RE Revelations 2 have been added.

Sea of Thieves will of course be added March 20th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...box-games-pass
Old 06-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Saw a Tweet today from an industry official that Gamepass members are playing on average 4 or 5 more games per month than non Gamepass players. I'm sure these are metrics 3rd parties are going to start looking at.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Wonder how much it is in the UK?

Off to investigate
Old 06-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #58
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Wonder how much it is in the UK?

Off to investigate
£7.99pm or £23.99 for 6 months.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:57 AM   #59
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Thanks for bumping thread.

So $120/year for game pass.

I currently pay $70 (Gold) & $30 (EA Access)

Is there any easy ways you guys might know of to cancel subs like Gamepass or EA Access? Thanks
Old 06-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
£7.99pm or £23.99 for 6 months.
Cheers lad. That’s not too shabby really
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One