Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
F1 2019 (Xbox One)
$49.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Pixark (Xbox One)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$17.00

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$59.99
19 hrs ago
Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$29.99

Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99

Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$49.94

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$24.99

The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr (Xbox One)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 02-13-2019, 08:46 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownianMotion View Post
How so? By correctly concluding that the most powerful console ever released produces the best experience in terms of visuals on the vast majority of games?
No because they do it over....and over....and over....and over. It's like ok, we GET IT! Every single multi console game released from here on out is going look better on X1X. Can we just declare that now and cut out the redundancy?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:08 PM   #22
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
No because they do it over....and over....and over....and over. It's like ok, we GET IT! Every single multi console game released from here on out is going look better on X1X. Can we just declare that now and cut out the redundancy?
The entire purpose of DF is to analyze the visuals and performance of games.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:46 AM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
I get “The most powerful console EVAH!” PR is getting old. I think most gamers know this by now except for casuals.

However “Performance” on the X isn’t always better because of the extra horses. This has been proven by DF when comparing same titles on different consoles so it stands that DF digs a little further then most when making these comparisons which I appreciate.

On topic, I doubt 4K can help this game. I just booted up Agents of Mayhem & it looks better than anything I’ve seen from Crackdown’s previews. It may have some fun to be had for a little while so I’ll try it with Gamepass.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:13 AM   #24
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
On topic, I doubt 4K can help this game. I just booted up Agents of Mayhem & it looks better than anything I’ve seen from Crackdown’s previews. It may have some fun to be had for a little while so I’ll try it with Gamepass.
You've seen uncompressed 4K HDR videos of Crackdown 3?
Old 02-14-2019, 03:20 AM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
You've seen uncompressed 4K HDR videos of Crackdown 3?
I’m talking about the artistic direction.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I’m talking about the artistic direction.
Which is far more important than resolution. A shitty looking game displayed in 4k is still a shitty looking game.

Personally I think Crackdown 3 looks like ass. I give MS credit though for sticking with its development. They could've scrapped it like they did Scalebound but they are determined to put this game out. I do think the whole Terry Crews endorsement is a desperate attempt to garner interest in the game because MS didnt think the game couldnt stand on it's own

Last edited by Steelmaker; 02-14-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
I guess I just don't get why you post in console forum that you will never own about a game you're never going to play? Also every DF article before the X always proclaimed about how the PS4 ran better than the One in all cases. We all knew this but there it was, every time. Was that okay with you? Is it just the specific wording used for MS?

They're lucky to be able to obfuscate any sales numbers by including it in Gamepass as I'm sure that's where the majority of players will come from. Seems to be getting review bombed pretty badly.

Last edited by dyne; 02-14-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #28
Special Member

Nov 2013

As expected, Crackdown 3 is a visual showcase. Very impressive graphics, and one of the best HDR implementations ever in a video game. Also runs at native 4K for the vast majority of the time, even in very demanding scenarios, and has a very smooth and stable frame rate. This would not have been possible on any of the other vastly inferior consoles from other manufacturers.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #29
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I guess I just don't get why you post in console forum that you will never own about a game you're never going to play? Also every DF article before the X always proclaimed about how the PS4 ran better than the One in all cases. We all knew this but there it was, every time. Was that okay with you? Is it just the specific wording used for MS?

They're lucky to be able to obfuscate any sales numbers by including it in Gamepass as I'm sure that's where the majority of players will come from. Seems to be getting review bombed pretty badly.
Just laugh at the amount of salt that it takes for someone to go out of their way to come to a forum dedicated to a vastly more powerful console only to showcase their bitterness. It's hilarious when you think about it.
Thanks given by:
Old 02-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Just laugh at the amount of salt that it takes for someone to go out of their way to come to a forum dedicated to a vastly more powerful console only to showcase their bitterness. It's hilarious when you think about it.
DF has always touted the best hardware. That's what they do. It's their reason for existing. If the PS5 comes out before the next Xbox they'll do it with that. It's just a non-issue. I don't see the point in always coming in to a sub forum for something you don't own just to be negative.
Thanks given by:
Old 02-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #31
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
DF has always touted the best hardware. That's what they do. It's their reason for existing. If the PS5 comes out before the next Xbox they'll do it with that. It's just a non-issue. I don't see the point in always coming in to a sub forum for something you don't own just to be negative.
Agreed.

I have absolutely zero interest in any of the trash exclusives that Sony has put out, but if the PS5 is the more powerful console compared to the next Xbox, I'm all over the PS5. I owned a PS from 1995-2016. Xbox One X was my first Xbox and I have not regretted it.

However, unlike some of the salty individuals in this thread, you won't find me in the PS forums until then.
Thanks given by:
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Agreed.

I have absolutely zero interest in any of the trash exclusives that Sony has put out, but if the PS5 is the more powerful console compared to the next Xbox, I'm all over the PS5. I owned a PS from 1995-2016. Xbox One X was my first Xbox and I have not regretted it.

However, unlike some of the salty individuals in this thread, you won't find me in the PS forums until then.
LMAO! You have to REALLY try to NOT like Sony's library. Good job!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #33
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
I don't have to try. On the contrary. I owned a PS for 21 years, and I can safely say that I wiped my ass with both exclusives I've played. I tried hard to like them, but after being greatly disappointed by both Uncharted 4 and The Last Of Us, I stayed far away from any of Sony's button mashers. Watching endless cutscene after cutscene does nothing for me.

Edit: I take that back. I've owned a PS for 24 years, as I still own a PS3, which I haven't touched in years.

Last edited by BrownianMotion; 02-14-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Thanks given by:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I don't have to try. On the contrary. I owned a PS for 21 years, and I can safely say that I wiped my ass with both exclusives I've played. I tried hard to like them, but after being greatly disappointed by both Uncharted 4 and The Last Of Us, I stayed far away from any of Sony's button mashers. Watching endless cutscene after cutscene does nothing for me.

Edit: I take that back. I've owned a PS for 24 years, as I still own a PS3, which I haven't touched in years.
LOL you're adorable.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #35
Special Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
LOL you're adorable.
The absolute SALT coming from this guy is glorious. Let me taste those tears. Let me taste them in all of their salty glory.

Thanks given by:
Old 02-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #36
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

After watching DF’s findings, I’m looking forward to playing this. (It is installed already on my X)

If there is a take away from DF on this analysis in particular is the fact that OG Xbox & One S can’t deliver the goods anymore. Even at 1080p the targeted 30fps suffers almost all the time. We knew the PC version would be the best because of no hardware limitations but honestly looking at side by sides, the X holds up very well. I noticed the color pallet in most scenes actually looked better too maybe because of the HDR support, dunno.

I “Un-Installed” Wreking Crew because I have no interest in their multiplayer. I guess one other thing to note is that the “Campaign” only takes up 13.6GB which is impressive.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #37

Nov 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Depends on the kind of gamer you are. I have a couple of friends that exclusively play competitive muliplayer. Nothing exclusive on PS4 interests them.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Really glad the graphics settings revert to the lowest console in the group to try and eliminate syncing problems. Hopefully they'll add a toggle to only play with like systems so X owners can have a chance to see better visuals in multiplayer.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #39

Nov 2010
Minnesota

The image quality quite a bit better than I expected, certainly better than the impression videos gave me. However, the movement and animation is poor, as in last gen. Makes the game feel old. HDR is also well done, as is some of the texture work, though at times it looks plain. It also looks very clean. Still, not quite on par overall with Spider-Man imo, part of that is the artwork.

That was an interesting 30 min. Don’t think I ever revisit it.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #40
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
The image quality quite a bit better than I expected, certainly better than the impression videos gave me. However, the movement and animation is poor, as in last gen. Makes the game feel old. HDR is also well done, as is some of the texture work, though at times it looks plain. It also looks very clean. Still, not quite on par overall with Spider-Man imo, part of that is the artwork.

That was an interesting 30 min. Don’t think I ever revisit it.
So it only takes 30 minutes to finish?

Well if so, what a waste of 7 years & $450M
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One