Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (1 hour left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

F1 2019 (Xbox One)
$49.99
7 hrs ago
Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$17.00

Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99

Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99

Gears 5 (Xbox One)
$49.94

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99

Injustice 2 (Xbox One)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 03-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT
Default Sea of Thieves

Kind of shocked there wasn't a thread yet about this game, only one about the controller.

Anyways, I just picked up the xbox gamepass and I am looking for some crewmates to play this game with. Feel free to add me if anyone else will be checking this game out and are in need of a fellow pirate to complete their crew.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Sunnydale

When does this come out? I love the allure of a pirate game but it sucks that it pretty much has to have other players. Not that I don't like coop but I have an erratic schedule so its hard to coordinate. I'll probably get it if you'd like to add me, my tag is heisenbeard
Old 03-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Came out today. Looks like I won’t be playing (servers are overloaded atm).
Old 03-20-2018, 10:33 PM   #4

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
When does this come out? I love the allure of a pirate game but it sucks that it pretty much has to have other players. Not that I don't like coop but I have an erratic schedule so its hard to coordinate. I'll probably get it if you'd like to add me, my tag is heisenbeard
Came out today if you think it might not be for you can play via the Xbox Game Pass. I was able to purchase a month of the game pass for $1.50 on Ebay and it gave me another month for free. I played for a few hours this morning and it wasnt my cup of tea. I might give it another try when I get my next day off from work.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Came out today. Looks like I won’t be playing (servers are overloaded atm).
I am sure a lot of people decided to sign up for the 14 day game pass trial to test this game out.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:14 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

Well this game came with the One X I just ordered... I never planned on getting it, and I am still debating selling the code, but I want to wait for reviews before making that decision.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Played an hour or two today solo. It's an absolute blast. Playing on the X, I have to say, sea of thieves has the best water effects in any game ever. It's stunning.

Gameplay wise they literally tell you nothing. You get to figure it all out on your own and it's a ton of fun. (Unless you start with the bug that doesn't let you equip anything. If that happens, kill your character. When you respawn you'll be fine.)

I can see it being very addicting to sail with friends. But that's the thing. With friends. I enjoyed my time solo, yes. But I couldn't imagine putting in the time the game requires to master most of its content by myself. Yes, you can do it all solo. But why would you want to?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Agreed on the water effects. In 4k and HDR this game looks amazing. I finally got in last night with my brother and had the weapon bug (that eventually fixed itself). Our boat was also not on the starting island so we had to use a merman to warp to it. Finally after getting three voyages the game wouldn't let us vote on them in the cabin so we couldn't do anything. I also couldn't figure out where to get my founders bonuses from being in the alpha from the start.

Instead we spend an hour drinking in the boat, watching the sunsets and finally scuttling the ship.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Agreed on the water effects. In 4k and HDR this game looks amazing. I finally got in last night with my brother and had the weapon bug (that eventually fixed itself). Our boat was also not on the starting island so we had to use a merman to warp to it. Finally after getting three voyages the game wouldn't let us vote on them in the cabin so we couldn't do anything. I also couldn't figure out where to get my founders bonuses from being in the alpha from the start.

Instead we spend an hour drinking in the boat, watching the sunsets and finally scuttling the ship.
Sound like a hoot.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Sunnydale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
that happens, kill your character. When you respawn you'll be fine.)

I can see it being very addicting to sail with friends. But that's the thing. With friends. I enjoyed my time solo, yes. But I couldn't imagine putting in the time the game requires to master most of its content by myself. Yes, you can do it all solo. But why would you want to?
Its not because I'd want to, its because I'd have to. I'm 31, I work a lot and my friends are all adults with different schedules. Thus why forced online games are tough if I can't play with randoms.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
Its not because I'd want to, its because I'd have to. I'm 31, I work a lot and my friends are all adults with different schedules. Thus why forced online games are tough if I can't play with randoms.
I never said you couldn't play with randoms.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2014
The Lament Configuration

Shame this game doesn't have a 3rd person perspective, otherwise I may have picked it up. But that controller...

Last edited by MegatronG1; 03-22-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #13
Special Member

Dec 2009
Jackson, MS

I'm glad I tried this out on Game Pass first. Not a big multiplayer fan and I like games with narratives, and SoT has zero story.

It's kinda like if Fallout 4 was nothing but the radiant quests the factions give you over and over. And trying to play solo is for the birds. I would get on my ship, lock in a quest, set a course and then sink in the middle of the ocean because I hit a rock I couldn't see while I was piloting the damn thing.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #14
Special Member

Jan 2014
North of England

Quote:

So, it looks pretty in 4K but the gameplay is beset by glitches and bugs. Thanks, my boy and I both agreed it's a game not worth getting. As we "only" have 2K we'd have been left with a game that doesn't look as pretty and would still be frustrating to play.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

There's supposed to be an X patch incoming to fix performance. I've been seeing a lot of stuttering I didn't experience in the alpha or beta.

One issue they need to fix and is a big topic on reddit is scuttling your ship. It's only real purpose is if you get landlocked but people are manipulating the respawn to grief people. One guy was in a sloop sailing much better and faster than a galleon. He was well on his way to an outpost to at least get a couple treasures off his ship. When the galleon crew knew they'd never catch up they scuttled their ship and respawned right at the outpost. They went back and forth for an hour doing this. Every time the galleon crew gets a repaired ship and full inventory of cannon balls and bullets. A simple fix would be to only make scuttling possible when your ship is stuck.

Another thing you can do is if somebody steals your ship you can remote scuttle your own ship. You don't even need to be on it. All members just have to vote from a menu. This can be easily abused as well as it makes stealing others boats pointless.

There needs to be a reason to take on other ships (a faction group perhaps) and currently there is not. Afaik you cannot turn in someone else's bounty so the only reason to attack anybody is to just troll them.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

No tutorial for this game is seriously an issue. No clue what to do, wondered around for a bit. Lost interest. Glad I tried it via the Xbox Live pass....

Back to AC: Unity
Old 03-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Expert Member

Aug 2008

I agree, there is NO direction in this game, it needs at least a walk through treasure hunt or something to explain how things work just a little bit
Old 03-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I want to use a sloop with a 3 or 4 man group. I hate how large and slow the galleons are.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #19
Expert Member

Sep 2012
in your head...

This is some of the most fun I've had in an online multiplayer game in a long time. Doing a raid with 3 randoms...having to fight off the skeletons and watch for incoming galleons, working with your crew to defend. It is an absolute blast.

That being said, without some varying content, I just don't see this lasting. It is definitely not worth 60 dollars in it's current state. The base for something great is there, it just needs some more content.

Love to see varying gear to buy. Hidden treasures with rare gear. Npc legendary pirates to fight. More encounters like the kraken...Moby dick?...sirens?...Hydra?

For now I'm all in! Add me if you're looking for a crew mate. It is in sig.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

According to Eurogamer two big fixes are coming soon. The ability to make your parties private to cut down on brig griefing randoms and running galleons with smaller groups or sloops with larger groups. The larger sloop crew size is what I wanted the most.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One