Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rage 2 (Xbox One)
$39.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Xbox One)
$49.94

Lego Marvel Collection (Xbox One)
$19.99

Lego DC Supervillains (Xbox One)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Anthem (Xbox One)
$14.99

Dangerous Driving (Xbox One)
$19.99

Kingdom Hearts III (Xbox One)
$19.99

Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$29.99

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$49.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$29.99

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Xbox One)
$27.99

Metro Exodus (Xbox One)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...eals-halo-race

Not a huge surprise but good to see nonetheless.

Quote:
A big Forza Horizon 4 leak has revealed the game has a mission inspired by famous Halo campaign level The Silent Cartographer.

Over the weekend, an image dump on Imgur (via reddit) included a raft of images of an early version of the game, showcasing themed events, cars and the Warthog from Halo.

Halo's Warthog is no stranger to the Forza series, but what's interesting about the image, below, is it shows the Warthog racing on a beach area, a Covenant spaceship in the sky and a Halo ring in the distance.
Quote:
What appears to be the case is Forza Horizon 4 has a themed Halo event you can select on the world map. Eagle-eyed fans spotted the icon for this back in July. And yes, it's on the right-hand side of the map on a beachy area.

Quote:
Back in June, when some people downloaded Forza Horizon 4 files over four months early, a data-mine revealed Halo-related files.

Fans reckon Forza Horizon 4's themed event will see players dropped onto an area of the map that's tweaked to look like Halo Combat Evolved's fourth mission, The Silent Cartographer. In this mission, you dropped onto a beachhead via a Pelican, grabbed a Warthog and drove around an island.

Funnily enough, ex-Bizarre Creations developer Stephen Cakebread (who, by the way, created the wonderful Geometry Wars), built a Silent Cartographer level for Project Gotham Racing 2 "for fun one evening" back in 2003.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Cortana will commentate the Halo mission.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...on-4s-halo-map

Quote:
During a Forza Horizon 4 session at Gamescom today, I was shown the game's recently-leaked Halo map in full. It's a loving mash-up of Scottish countryside and, as expected, Halo campaign level The Silent Cartographer. Less expected - Cortana commentates your race throughout.

The event is a special one-off mission which appears in-world for you to select and can be played multiple times to your heart's desire, creative director Ralph Fulton told me.

Master Chief himself pilots the Warthog you race with, and climbs aboard in a cutscene which describes the mission as a training level necessary for all UNSC forces in recognition of the "current Covenant threat"... before the action transitions back to the Scottish countryside - albeit with a Halo ring in the background.

Halo energy shields and a hovering Pelican also make appearances, themeing the level, while Cortana - seemingly confused - makes comments about the Scottish backdrop and points of interest and banters with Carol "Foe Hammer" Rawley, the pilot of the hovering Pelican.

"A fortification of some kind!" she says while you pass a castle. "It hasn't been used in centuries!"

"News of this has leaked out," Fulton said, introducing the level, "how probably doesn't bear talking about but anyway... If you're familiar with Horizon you're familiar with Showcases, and racing ludicrous vehicles. And in our constant pursuit of pitting you against ludicrous vehicles we have been lead to this, which I think is our most fun Showcase yet, created in partnership with the guys at 343 Industries and out of a general passion for games in general we have at our studio."
Old 09-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Demo coming today.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...le-later-today

Quote:
Rejoice petrolheads! After speculation the demo for Forza Horizon 4 would be released in the coming weeks, we now know the demo will be available for download later today on PC and Xbox One.

According to Forza Horizon 4's Microsoft store page, the demo will be a weighty 27.83 GB, so it may be best to prepare some space in advance of the download. It's likely the demo will become available later this afternoon or in the evening.
Thanks given by:
*PREACHER* (09-12-2018), marcellusk (09-12-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 04:41 AM   #24
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

I'll just wait for the game to come out.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Choices are 4k/30fps in resolution mode or 1920/1080 @ 60fps in performance mode.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-the-real-deal

Quote:
Based on a preview build we recently sampled, Xbox One X offers up two compelling ways to explore it too. For the first time in the Horizon series' history, console users get a choice between 4K resolution at 30 frames per second and a new performance mode that delivers a solid 60fps.
Quote:
The 60fps mode is significant, especially in terms of its sheer consistency, but running the game at its default 4K30 should be the first port of call in appreciating the sheer quality in the visuals.

Quote:
Playground has experience with Xbox One X of course, with a small team porting Horizon 3 to the six teraflop system earlier this year, delivering a beautiful native 4K presentation. But this time, the developer has targeted the system more specifically, with a studio-wide focus: Xbox One X is treated as the lead platform, and the options are broadened. There's more to come on this closer to the game's launch - but needless to say, the engine changes are impressive and Playground is getting more from the hardware than simply resolution and frame-rate increases.
Quote:
The quality mode at 4K remains solid, and that 30fps frame-rate is basically rock solid from the first hour I've played of the preview build. As with the last Horizon title, CPU and GPU resources are carefully managed to avoid bottlenecks, while at the same time maintaining visual consistency.
Quote:
The pace on some of these cars means that every frame truly matters, and doubling the refresh makes it easier to judge every overtake in the face of oncoming traffic. At a full 60Hz output on Xbox One X, the connection between controller and the on-screen response inevitably feels far tighter.
Quote:
The high performance mode runs at a native 1920x1080. It's a fixed resolution that gives X's GPU the headroom to fire on all cylinders, pushing out a new frame every 16.7ms. So yes, it's a double-edged sword; you do lose the crisp, beautiful image of the 4K mode, but what's gained in responsiveness at 60 feels hard to pass up. Going back to 30fps, the difference is immediately noticeable.
Quote:
So yes, it works. Putting it through our tools, this isn't just a so-called high-frame rate mode either - it's not an elusive target that's shy of perfection, or simply an unlocked 'hope for the best' offering like so many of the performance modes we've seen. This is the real deal: X locks the frame-rate down consistently to 60, with barely a single drop to report - even the vibrant opening sequence showing each season doesn't cause any major issues. V-sync is engaged on both modes, and while the overall graphics setting changes are something we'll have to look into, they're very close to the 4K mode - pixel counts aside.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:20 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

The 1080p mode on the 1X is a load of old tosh. Basically, i have an RX480 8 gig GPU on my pc which is 15% more powerful than a PS4 Pro, and after running the Benchmark test option on FH4 Demo, it plays quite smoothly at 1440p at 60fps locked. The 1X should be able to do this in it's sleep. So Microsoft, please increase the resolution for those that want it at 60fps...
Old 09-16-2018, 11:07 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Over the last few Forza games, Microsoft has sent code-based items to people via their XBOX Live account inbox. It would not surprise me if they do the same thing for Forza Horizon 4 so keep an eye on your inbox before the release of the game and just after. Not saying anything is confirmed but with a Halo map in the game, they could release a Warthog vehicle for use in the game like they sent out for Forza Horizon 3.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #28

Nov 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
The 1080p mode on the 1X is a load of old tosh. Basically, i have an RX480 8 gig GPU on my pc which is 15% more powerful than a PS4 Pro, and after running the Benchmark test option on FH4 Demo, it plays quite smoothly at 1440p at 60fps locked. The 1X should be able to do this in it's sleep. So Microsoft, please increase the resolution for those that want it at 60fps...
CPU is likely the bottleneck. It was in Destiny 2 and Assassins Creed.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:36 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

i don't have Xbox Live, and don't particularly want to; seeing as the Online component of this game is so 'vital', is that service a defacto requirement for this game, or can i play it without a Live account like i did with the 1X demo?
Old 09-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
i don't have Xbox Live, and don't particularly want to; seeing as the Online component of this game is so 'vital', is that service a defacto requirement for this game, or can i play it without a Live account like i did with the 1X demo?
Short answer, you should be able to play some (maybe most) of the game without Gold.

Quote:
That is correct. You need Gold in order to play with others on line (XBOX) as this is considered "multiplayer". However you can play the game completely offline if you prefer. You can also participate in Multiplayer activities if anyone on your xbox as gold already, or if you are playing on PC. PC Players do not need gold in order to play Multiplayer but you do need an internet connection. (SHARED-OPEN WORLD)
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...live-gold.aspx
Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 PM   #31
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Current Release Notes:
Later Today, (October 1st, 2018) we will be releasing a Content Update.

All Platforms
General stability and performance improvements.
Ultimate VIP Crown flair fixed.

Xbox
Stutters on Xbox One X while free roaming.

PC
Fixed issue when changing MSAA from 2x to 4x resulted in improper tree LOD rendering/popping until game restarted.
Fixed stalls and large FPS drops during Initial Drive. Affected machines where the player had insufficient RAM for their quality settings.
Fixed AMD GPU issue where switching MSAA settings without restarting resulted in black corruption on the environment.
Environment streaming improvements for min spec machines.
Added visual presets for Nvidia RTX 2070, 2080 and 2080Ti.
Fanatec CSL Wheel - fix for handbrake stuck on.
Wheel Force Feedback improvements.
Thanks given by:
wesslan (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #32
Power Member

Dec 2012
UK

Started it yesterday, super happy so far. Runs better than Horizon 3 on PC. Using a mix of high, ultra and extreme settings locked at 60FPS 1080p.

The game looks and runs great. Love the setting. The new events, online features, cleaner UI are all great additions.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Anyone else having problems with the sound and having low volume static type noise? I am on the pc by the way.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2016

I want this, but I'm waiting for Target's buy two get one free video game sale they usually do every October. I'll use it to pick up this, Red Dead Redemption, and Call of Duty.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Bagged myself a months Gold Trial along with a months game pass, lets see what this is about
Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

So.....I am having bags of fun with this

Old 10-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Got an XBL message today for a McLaren dlc car for playing the demo so check your messages.

Last edited by dyne; 10-16-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
I want this, but I'm waiting for Target's buy two get one free video game sale they usually do every October. I'll use it to pick up this, Red Dead Redemption, and Call of Duty.
Still nothing this week or next. Hopefully the last week of the month. Would be nice to save $60.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #39
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Find Me!

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ctober-23.aspx

FH4 Release Notes: October 23rd, 2018

Cross-Platform Fixes
General stability and performance improvements.
Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.

PC Fixes
Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
Fix for 'low streaming bandwidth' message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.

Xbox Fixes
No Xbox-specific fixes.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

I played this on Game pass and loved it, so decided to buy a physical copy....looking forward to getting on it again
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One