Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$33.99

Control (Xbox One)
$44.75

Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$29.99

Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$29.99

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour (Xbox One)
$14.99

Wreckfest (Xbox One)
$52.99

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (Xbox One)
$32.75

F1 2019 (Xbox One)
$44.99
19 hrs ago
Anthem (Xbox One)
$9.99

Zombieland: Double Tap - Roadtrip (Xbox One)
$32.88

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Xbox One)
$29.99

Hitman 2 (Xbox One)
$21.78

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 06-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Even the 360/PS3 gen the Xbox wasn't the unquestioned platform of choice.
By the end of the gen sure but the first couple of years they were eating SONY's lunch.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I think the main thing to take away from the MS conference is that it appears they are moving in the right direction for the future. The X1 generation is basically a "punt" and they know that. They are building towards next generation. They lost me this generation but if they keep making good choices and start creating more and more exclusives that I can't play on Sony's or Nintendo's consoles, yeah I'll bite and get their next gen machine. They have a long ways to go though.

One thing's for certain, to have a fighting chance they HAVE to take back North America. If they don't, next gen is going to look a lot like current gen in terms of market share. Globally it's a much tougher battle for them and in Japan it's practically an exercise in futility. But Xbox has to be the unquestioned platform of choice in North America for them to remain relevant.
If moving in the right direction means streaming to smartphones with touch screen controls, I want out.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

That's not a move, more an addition.

They want to create a biosphere where you have multiple options to entertain and play games, creating a network of phone, tablet, consoles and PC
Old 06-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
That's not a move, more an addition.

They want to create a biosphere where you have multiple options to entertain and play games, creating a network of phone, tablet, consoles and PC
I just think mobile is not a good platform for AAA shooters etc.. not with the nasty touch screen (on screen) controls. I also don’t want to settle for 720p just so I can get a smooth gaming experience. Seems like a backwards step to me but it’s that word, ‘convenience’ which is quality’s nemesis. I was considering the next Xbox, but if this is the last endgame, maybe not.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

I doubt anything will be limited. It'll be like running stuff on an older PC and a newer PC.

If you have the latest, the 'Scarlet', you can max everything out. Anything before, or mobile, will just be 'downgraded' to which ever extent is required.

Basically opening up everything to everyone. Which tbh seems like a good idea in principal, but we shall see.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Mods, can we change the title to a general Xbox e3 thoughts or something?

I have a feeling the streaming will play a big factor in letting fans with the lower spec systems (OG One, S) to play the newest games on their system in the future when their specs are way out of date. A way to keep them in the ecosystem.

Some thoughts with the Head of MS Studios

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/12...o-acquisitions

Quote:
Let’s go back to last summer, last fall, where Phil was promoted, elevated to sit on Microsoft’s executive leadership team. As part of that, Xbox was really made a pillar in the company that sits right alongside Windows and Azure and Office. That’s a pretty big statement by Microsoft to say that, “Look, gaming is important. We’re going to treat it seriously. We’re going to resource it well. We’re going to give it support.” It’s that level of support and kind of encouragement to go big, to chase a bigger gaming ambition.
This combined with teasing a new system lets the fans know they're in it for the long haul. Nothing they announced will sway player over but it's a very telling sign that they're in a much better position for the future.

Quote:
At the same time, we’re going to start some things from a complete blank piece of paper. What we’re doing with Darryl [Gallagher] down in Santa Monica ... we didn’t buy a team. We’re starting a studio.

We’re going to take a bet on people that he’s going to be able to put together a team, and we’re just going to really hand him a blank piece of paper. But know that he’s got that full support of Microsoft, and know that we want to chase after that bigger game plan.
I'm most excited about this team. They have the money and no pre-conceived IP or notions. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Quote:
When I think about Playground, I just think about operational excellence
So true.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Next system more than likely 2020. I'm still guessing PS5 reveal during their event before Christmas with a release 2019. MS will do 2020 to keep the "most powerful system ever" moniker.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-xbox-in-2020/

Quote:
Finally, the next-generation Xbox that was confirmed to be in development earlier this week is due for release in 2020 and has the codename Scarlett. The documents also suggest that Scarlett may not be a single piece of hardware but instead a family of devices. Given Microsoft's prioritization of backward compatibility and the ability to move your game library from generation to generation without having to re-buy or keep old hardware hanging around, it's reasonable to expect that Scarlett will be, broadly speaking, a faster iteration of the current Xbox One X.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #28
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm glad things are moving along nicely, I want next gen asap and looking at the amount of vague game trailers this year it's clear a lot is in development for next gen.

This years E3 felt a lot like E3 2012 and we all know what came after that
Old 06-12-2018, 09:19 PM   #29
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Next system more than likely 2020. I'm still guessing PS5 reveal during their event before Christmas with a release 2019. MS will do 2020 to keep the "most powerful system ever" moniker.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-xbox-in-2020/
I still say 2020.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I doubt anything will be limited. It'll be like running stuff on an older PC and a newer PC.

If you have the latest, the 'Scarlet', you can max everything out. Anything before, or mobile, will just be 'downgraded' to which ever extent is required.

Basically opening up everything to everyone. Which tbh seems like a good idea in principal, but we shall see.
I don’t share your optimism.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:21 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
MS screwed themselves on 1 thing and that was the selling or trading of used games. Gamers have not forgiven them for the crap they tried to pull by marrying the game to the console system.

I am just now considering an Xbox One X and even at this point it has to be a hellva sale for me to pull the trigger
How about $400 w/ $40 ebay bucks?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-X-...650&rmvSB=true
Old 06-12-2018, 11:48 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009

So it looks like I have both a new X-Box and a PSX to look forward to.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #33
Expert Member

Sep 2010

My main concern with this now is will it be backwards compatible with XB1/XB1X. I was currently in the market for the 1X, since I'll be getting a 4k TV before the end of the year. Now I don't know if I should just wait for the next one.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Everything they have said is that your library will play on any device going forward. So yes, the next system will play Xbox One games. I would say to just wait for the next one.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #35
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I think I’m done with the current generation of Xbox. Pulled the plug (literally) from the console a few days ago.

Best thing that I got outta Xbox One gen was the Elite Controller which I can now use on PS.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

I really do hope MS pull it out of the bag next gen.

Although I'm a PS4 user now I cut my gaming teeth on the 360, which I adored. I only jumped ship after the debacle that was the XB1 launch.

Besides, what fanboys don't get is that healthy competition is good all round, it keeps manufacturers on their toes.

Either way, I'll always buy both consoles so I can get the best of both worlds
Old 06-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I really do hope MS pull it out of the bag next gen.

Although I'm a PS4 user now I cut my gaming teeth on the 360, which I adored. I only jumped ship after the debacle that was the XB1 launch.

Besides, what fanboys don't get is that healthy competition is good all round, it keeps manufacturers on their toes.

Either way, I'll always buy both consoles so I can get the best of both worlds
For me, MS has to demonstrate a genuine dedication to producing high quality, single player, narrative-focused experiences before I jump in, and that doesn't mean one or two. I want to see them sustain that dedication over a period of time like Sony has. Yes, Live is great. Backwards compatibility is nice. The services, apps, customizable controllers, and all around quality of life stuff MS has created are all great. However for me it still comes down to the kind of games I like to play and which platform(s) satisfy that.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
This right here. Three (or more) healthy companies is exactly what any industry needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
For me, MS has to demonstrate a genuine dedication to producing high quality, single player, narrative-focused experiences before I jump in, and that doesn't mean one or two. I want to see them sustain that dedication over a period of time like Sony has. Yes, Live is great. Backwards compatibility is nice. The services, apps, customizable controllers, and all around quality of life stuff MS has created are all great. However for me it still comes down to the kind of games I like to play and which platform(s) satisfy that.
This is a completely fair analysis on the state of the brand right now. Imagine MS finally turning it around and having those types of games and what it'll do to the output SONY has. Competition breeds the best and SONY is already delivering aces without relative competition so I shudder to think what they would output in a case where they're on the back foot or at the least evenly challenged.

Last edited by dyne; 06-13-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
This right here. Three (or more) healthy companies is exactly what any industry needs.

This is a completely fair analysis on the state of the brand right now. Imagine MS finally turning it around and having those types of games and what it'll do to the output SONY has. Competition breeds the best and SONY is already delivering aces without relative competition so I shudder to think what they would output in a case where they're on the back foot or at the least evenly challenged.
Agreed completely. PlayStation Network, while still not perfect, is at least better BECAUSE of Live. Xbox has Games With Gold BECAUSE of PS Plus doing it first. PlayStation has Trophies BECAUSE of Achievements! And make no mistake, MS' current studio acquisitions and re-dedication to in-house exclusive content is BECAUSE of what Sony is producing. It's funny how fanboys love to flame the format war but they don't stop to realize that the platforms they're hating on have a LOT to do with how good the platform they are supporting is. LOL!
Old 06-13-2018, 11:41 PM   #40

Feb 2015

new hardware are always coming. I think there is a clear vision for the future of xbox. While Sony is doing the same old generations of console, xbox is trying evolve the model.

Remember they said that generations don't exist anymore? I would bet that future xboxes will be able to play all the games xbox one plays. and new games will be playable on last 2 versions of Xboxes that came out.

I wouldn't be surprise to see a subscription model. $30 to $50 bucks a month with 2 year contracts (or lease to own) that bundles live gold, game pass and new xbox console whenever they are available.

No different than how you're paying for cable/satellite tv/cell phone services now a days.

but at the end of the day, if you're not a fan of that, there is nothing to stop you to buy used games and making gaming purchases the old way.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One