Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Resident Evil 2 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One)
$19.99

Devil May Cry 5 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$27.99

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One)
$19.00

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox One)
$17.00

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$37.97
11 hrs ago
Hello Neighbor (Xbox One)
$9.99

NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$37.94

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$16.00

Rocket League (Xbox One)
$18.00

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
$23.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 06-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

We have no idea what Sony have planned yet, so it's too early to say.

MS have all but confirmed that the next generation will be multi option and not restricted to a single device, this is not a new 'bet'

Subscription model? Sure, I could see that
Old 06-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #42

Jun 2018

I bought the Xbox One X when it came out since I have several tv's and its crazy how amazing Far Cry 5 and others look. I will probably skip this machine or at least not get one for a while
Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Agreed completely. PlayStation Network, while still not perfect, is at least better BECAUSE of Live. Xbox has Games With Gold BECAUSE of PS Plus doing it first. PlayStation has Trophies BECAUSE of Achievements! And make no mistake, MS' current studio acquisitions and re-dedication to in-house exclusive content is BECAUSE of what Sony is producing. It's funny how fanboys love to flame the format war but they don't stop to realize that the platforms they're hating on have a LOT to do with how good the platform they are supporting is. LOL!
Which is funny because while PS2 was superior to Xbox and Nintendo, Xbox 360 blew Ps3 out of the water, now because of 360 and what Xbox did Sony took aim and made Ps4 just that much more of a gamers system.

the One X while a great hardware system has no wow me system exclusives like Sony does. MS could make the bomb system and without the exclusives to support it why bother buying it. Hell if MS had Spiderman on the 1X I would buy that shit in a heartbeat.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Subscriptions for hardware? SEGA tried that with the Dreamcast and SEGA Net. There's a reason it hasn't been tried again.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Which is funny because while PS2 was superior to Xbox and Nintendo, Xbox 360 blew Ps3 out of the water, now because of 360 and what Xbox did Sony took aim and made Ps4 just that much more of a gamers system.

the One X while a great hardware system has no wow me system exclusives like Sony does. MS could make the bomb system and without the exclusives to support it why bother buying it. Hell if MS had Spiderman on the 1X I would buy that shit in a heartbeat.
Uhh, superior how? The Gamecube and the Xbox were both more powerful than the PS2.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
Uhh, superior how? The Gamecube and the Xbox were both more powerful than the PS2.
Yeah I'm confused by his wording. He's probably talking about in terms of game support and sales.

Also, when he says "the 360 blew the PS3 out of the water" I'm not sure what he means. If he means in terms of success, that's just not true. The generation basically ended in a tie between PS3 and 360, despite the fact the 360 got a year head start on PS3 and launched 100.00 cheaper. If he means in terms of games, no sorry. The libraries were largely similar and I thought Sony's exclusives were better. The only thing I thought 360 blew PS3 out of the water on was their online network.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #47
Banned

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
And the PS3 was superior to the 360, though the confusing architecture meant that its full potential wasn't utilized until fairly late in the generation and multiplatform games tended to suffer. And the PS3 ended up outselling the 360 anyway.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Subscriptions for hardware? SEGA tried that with the Dreamcast and SEGA Net. There's a reason it hasn't been tried again.
You cannot really use that as a comparison, subs weren't the norm back then. Whereas now it's subs for everything.

It could operate no different from a phone contract where you own the console at the end of your sub. Not saying it will, but it's feasible at least
Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
We have no idea what Sony have planned yet, so it's too early to say.

MS have all but confirmed that the next generation will be multi option and not restricted to a single device, this is not a new 'bet'

MS has been steering this wheel since before Xbox One was launched. Whatever MS & Sony release next may very well be their last tradition console platform as that Ubisoft guy said. Hope itís a good one. By 2028 whatever TV, phone, tablet, PC, you buy will likely be your console. Except 1 major company. Nintendo
Old 06-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
You cannot really use that as a comparison, subs weren't the norm back then. Whereas now it's subs for everything.

It could operate no different from a phone contract where you own the console at the end of your sub. Not saying it will, but it's feasible at least
The thing is, I don't know if MS and Sony can continue producing 400.00 consoles that provide a significant enough leap over their previous consoles to make people want to run out and buy them. A subscription model MIGHT be the answer, similar to phones. A new iPhone costs what? 700.00 or 800.00? However over 2 years that's 30.00 a month, which is more palatable to most consumers. Now granted, a cell phone is considered more of a necessity than a gaming console, but still. It might be an option they offer on future consoles if the retail price continues to go up on them.
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

If there's a point consoles get to $7-800 I don't care if it's $30 a month or one lump sum. I'll stick to PC at that point. And this is somebody as you know that justified an X at $500. Event that was a hard decision.

Last edited by dyne; 06-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
If there's a point consoles get to $7-800 I don't care if it's $30 a month or one lump sum. I'll stick to PC at that point. And this is somebody as you know that justified an X at $500. Event that was a hard decision.
The only other alternative (as far as I can see) is to continue to stretch console generations out for longer periods of time, but it doesn't appear that this is going to be the case with recent developments.

If consoles do get to a point where content is streamed instead of bought in a store or downloaded, well then specs no longer matter outside of the strength of your internet connection. Games could be developed on massive mainframes if companies choose to do so and then we would just stream the content to our TV's.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
If consoles do get to a point where content is streamed instead of bought in a store or downloaded, well then specs no longer matter outside of the strength of your internet connection. Games could be developed on massive mainframes if companies choose to do so and then we would just stream the content to our TV's.
I'd rather take my sticks and play in the dirt.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass083 View Post
Personally I think the next gen of consoles is going to be a hell of a console war. Microsoft knows it blundered the hell outta the One launch and Sony was on point. I think because how focused Microsoft will be this next gen Sony is going to be on point as well. I totally think this could be a neck and neck dogfight of a console war next gen. I'd expect both machines will be very powerful and exclusives will be a decision maker for most people. I think Sony will bring their A game again next gen and Microsoft will be a powerhouse to contend with. I truly believe it could be possibly the best console generation yet.

Here are some of my next-gen predictions:

-Microsoft will focus on AAA exclusives. True exclusives. Not "timed exclusives" like how Rise of the Tomb Raider was with the Xbox One.

-No gimmicky Kinect type BS packed in from day one this time around. Functionality could be built in so that a peripheral could be purchased but it will not be a day one forced pack-in that drives up the price.

-4K Ultra HD Blu-ray drives in both machines. No brainer.

-Halo Infinite will be a "Scarlet" launch title. Also there will be a Forza game on launch day.

-PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS4 games.

-Because how "close" I think this next gen will be I predict both machines are going to launch at the same price. I also think they will come out within 3 months of eachother. Nobody is going to want to give either side much of a head-start.

-Grand Theft Auto VI will be a next-gen game. Red Dead 2 will be Rockstar's big current-gen game and GTAVI will be their big next-gen game.

-Either Horizon 2 or God of War 2 will be a PS5 launch game.

-Gran Turismo 6 will be a first year PS5 game.
I believe Xbox will make up ground in the U.S next generation, however I believe globally they will never outsell PlayStation, especially in Japan. All Sony has to do is have at least equal market share in the states and they will easily win again.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #55
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

If games become a service as they continue to do so right now then it's not hard to imagine a point in time where there would be the option to just pay a monthly fee for all the games and hardware.

People have been doing it for decades with mobile phones, it's hardly any different here.

We pay a monthly fee to play online, we pay a monthly fee for games pass, why not throw in the cost of the hardware too? It will open doors to people who don't want to pay large sums up front which would open the userbase to even more people.

Say a new console is $500 + $50 Gold + $10pm Games Pass.

Over a 24month contract that's just shy of $28pm for all the games and online play you want plus you get to keep the hardware after 24 months then you can choose to continue the Game Pass and XBLG at whatever rates you can get them at.

Of course the choice is always there from the start to just buy the hardware up front as usual but it's nice to have the option.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:13 AM   #56

Jun 2018

Will there ever become and online “market” where we can trade or sell digital games we’ve played and no longer want to keep? I thought that was a rumor at one point and would love to see it happen
Old 06-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #57
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialbyname View Post
Will there ever become and online ďmarketĒ where we can trade or sell digital games weíve played and no longer want to keep? I thought that was a rumor at one point and would love to see it happen
That was MSís plan back in 2013. The Internet didnít like that idea.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #58

Feb 2011
Dimension C-137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
If games become a service as they continue to do so right now then it's not hard to imagine a point in time where there would be the option to just pay a monthly fee for all the games and hardware.

People have been doing it for decades with mobile phones, it's hardly any different here.

We pay a monthly fee to play online, we pay a monthly fee for games pass, why not throw in the cost of the hardware too? It will open doors to people who don't want to pay large sums up front which would open the userbase to even more people.

Say a new console is $500 + $50 Gold + $10pm Games Pass.

Over a 24month contract that's just shy of $28pm for all the games and online play you want plus you get to keep the hardware after 24 months then you can choose to continue the Game Pass and XBLG at whatever rates you can get them at.

Of course the choice is always there from the start to just buy the hardware up front as usual but it's nice to have the option.
if/when that happens ill hang up my gamer hat and walk off into the sunset . im already getting nickle and dimed everywhere else so something has to go
Old 06-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #59
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
That was MSís plan back in 2013. The Internet didnít like that idea.
GameStop didnít like the idea. Thereís no reason for Gamers to not like it. Gamers didnít like everything else that came with it (constant online connection and others) that would have been necessary to make it work.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I also believe 499.99 will be the base price for both next gen consoles. I think by then, when considering inflation that will be the new "399.99." People expecting a powerful new console at 399.99 are dreaming.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One