Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Resident Evil 2 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One)
$19.99

Devil May Cry 5 (Xbox One)
$24.99

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One)
$19.00

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox One)
$17.00

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Xbox One)
$37.97
13 hrs ago
Hello Neighbor (Xbox One)
$9.99

Farming Simulator 19 (Xbox One)
$27.99

NHL 20 (Xbox One)
$37.94

Fallout 76 (Xbox One)
$16.00

Rocket League (Xbox One)
$18.00

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)
$23.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One

Old 01-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Default Xbox One headsets

I Just recently got my first Xbox One headset. I got a cheap one to try it out. It was only $14.99 from Fry's. This is the one I got...

Does anyone have this or know if it is any good? Is it a good entry level headset? I did read a few reviews on it and some people seem to like it, yet some people not so much. I just wanted to get a cheap one to try it out and see if I will actually like it and use it. I know there are some really good ones that are a lot more expensive, but I'm not about to pay that much for one right now. I was just wondering if any of you have the headset I just bought or know anyone who does and was just wondering what people thought about it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:42 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

I've never owned that specific one, but from someone who has owned tons of headsets over the years, a little bit of advice, you get what you pay for. I've had a $75 pair of Turtle Beach's (top of the line brand) for years now and it's amazing. Not a single problem with them and I doubt I ever will.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:50 AM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
I've never owned that specific one, but from someone who has owned tons of headsets over the years, a little bit of advice, you get what you pay for. I've had a $75 pair of Turtle Beach's (top of the line brand) for years now and it's amazing. Not a single problem with them and I doubt I ever will.
A friend of mine from where I work says he had a Turtle Beach headset (not sure of which model it was) and didn't like them. He says they're overpriced and overrated. He says you can get quality headsets much cheaper. I dunno, I'm a newbie when it comes to headsets. I don't know what is good and what is crap.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloenator View Post
A friend of mine from where I work says he had a Turtle Beach headset (not sure of which model it was) and didn't like them. He says they're overpriced and overrated. He says you can get quality headsets much cheaper. I dunno, I'm a newbie when it comes to headsets. I don't know what is good and what is crap.
Could come down to personal preference. Turtle Beach's are used by pros and everyone I know owns a pair and will swear by them, me included. They're insanely comfortable too. I've used Tritton's (sort of the next popular gaming headset) and hated them. They were not comfortable at all, but they were pretty cheap. Like I said, it all comes down to personal preference and how much you'd actually be using them. Turtle Beach's are all about sound quality and comfort. Slightly pricey, but you get what you pay for.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
Expert Member

Aug 2014

I got a pair of these for my one X and they're pretty good Plantronics - RIG 800LX SE Wireless Gaming Headset with Dolby Atmos for Xbox One - Black but it's like captain flint said it all comes down to personal preference
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox One