Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (5 mins left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Region B Deals

Old 05-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #21
Special Member

Nov 2014

bought 2,3,4,5,6 i should have grabbed 7 instead of 6, box 1 was not in the offer.

box 5 is eng friendly

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Edgar...lu-ray/200574/

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=271511

need them all for the collection, i'll add custom disc when non eng friendly!
Thanks given by:
Russ44 (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #22
Expert Member

Nov 2015
Region 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
A Good Year
Roy Orbison Black & White Night
The Client
The Mothman Prophecies
$32.05 all Region Free
What's the reason for getting them from Amazon.de on some of them? Are they better transfers? I see a two of them don't have a US release on blu-ray, but the others?
Old 05-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #23

Jun 2014
Lancaster, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazeaddict View Post
bought 2,3,4,5,6 i should have grabbed 7 instead of 6, box 1 was not in the offer.

box 5 is eng friendly

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Edgar...lu-ray/200574/

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=271511

need them all for the collection, i'll add custom disc when non eng friendly!
Thanks for the reply and the links. Following your lead, I just ordered sets 2 - 6. I'm not much of a completist, but in this case if I don't buy them all, I will just look at the shelf and feel dissatisfied. I'll buy volumes 1 and 7 at a later date. I'm assuming that this will be an ongoing series until all titles are released. My preference, of course, would have been to view these chronologically, but since they have used a random approach, I'll just start with set 2 and move forward. Having never seen any krimi films, I think I'm going to enjoy the experience. Thanks for the help.

Russ
Old 05-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinhank View Post
I've started to come across titles that say "does not ship to U.S." It's not a secondary seller, it's directly from Amazon. I first saw it last month on Six Degrees of Separation. Now I see it on Ghost and the Darkness and Study in Terror.

Is anyone else getting this? Do you know any details about why it's started?
Only one of the dozen or so titles I ordered this time had this happen.

When I tried pushing through with the order (someone on the UK board with a similar problem offered this as a solution) it would not let me proceed to the payment window.

It is frustratingly random.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:56 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013

Re: The Edgar Wallace Boxsets, forum member David Lee Parks reports the following:

Quote:
Box 1: all 3 movies have English dub + subtitles. Region code A friendly

Box 2: Der Fälscher von London has NO English dub and subs, the other two have English dub + subs. Region code A friendly

Box 3: completely English friendly (dub + subs), all 3 discs are NOT code A friendly

Box 4: completely English friendly (dub + subs), all 3 discs are NOT code A friendly (despite the claim on the back of the box)

Box 5: [unclear]

Box 6: Der grüne Bogenschütze and Neues vom Hexer only German dub + subs. Die seltsame Gräfin has English dub + subs. Region code A/B/C.

Box 7: Zimmer 13 and Der Bucklige from Soho have English dub + subs.
Die Blaue Hand is German dub + subs only. Locked to region B (Ignore the back cover and the discs which claim code A/B/C).
Thanks given by:
Russ44 (05-22-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Drake View Post
Only one of the dozen or so titles I ordered this time had this happen.

When I tried pushing through with the order (someone on the UK board with a similar problem offered this as a solution) it would not let me proceed to the payment window.

It is frustratingly random.
Different issues:
The Amazon Uk issue seems to be specifically related to ALL PREORDERS, but doesn't prevent you from proceeding with an order like normal and Amazon even says it will ship. Eveybody for now just assumes that's a glitch thouhg I have heard others who think it has something to do with how Brexit or Not-Brexit happens (or doesn't)

Over the last 6-9 months there are random current release items that many of the Amazon (UK, DE, FR, ES) and even Zavvi will not ship internationally and it's hard wired. Those items are truly blocked and will not let you past the address screen until you delete. Some of these restrictions come and go, some seem to be more longstanding, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to why nor can Amazon give an explanation other than "We can't ship to your country." From germany -- Midnight Run has been blocked for months now and will not ship to US. UK I've run into a couple items for a week or more, but eventually it allows me to order.

Until last summer, the site has never blocked me from a direct order and only happened with 3rd Party or FBA items. Now it's still uncommon, but it seems to be real and pops up occasionally on all Amazons
Old 05-26-2019, 01:32 AM   #27

Jan 2018
Niagara Falls (ish), USA

Does anyone have any good recommendations for titles on Amazon.de that have never been released in the US? I wish there was an easy way to find titles that have only had foreign releases (German or otherwise).

For anyone still searching for 5 items, here is at least a sampling of titles I've found that have no USA release. I mainly collect TV on Blu-ray so that's where I've researched most.

TV Series
Eureka Complete Series
Jericho Complete Series
Flashpoint Complete Series
Hogan's Heroes Complete Series
6 Million Dollar Man Complete Series(Der Sechs Millionen Dollar Mann)
Arrested Development S1-S3
The Royals S1-S4
The King of Queens Complete Series
TURN: Washington's Spies S2-S4
The Librarians S1-S4 (renamed "The Quest")
The 4400 S1-S4 or Complete boxset
House of Cards Complete Series (currently the only complete box set I'm aware of so far)
Halt and Catch Fire S2
Designated Survivor S1-S2
Bitten S2-S3
Hit the Floor S1-S2
Ascension Mini-series

Movies
Open Range
Mr. Holland's Opus
Bandidas
The Ghost in the Darkness (reportedly a crappy transfer though)
11:14 (elevenfourteen - get the new 3L Film release)
The Layover (renamed Sister Before Mister)
The Pianist

NOTE: I did not check if all of these are actually included in the 5 for 3 sale, but many of them will be. If not, they will likely be in future 3 for 2 sales as the shift the products which are available.

Last edited by nickelmouse; 05-26-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Thanks given by:
keke (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 01:53 AM   #28
Expert Member

Nov 2015
Region 1

Strange Days & Mothman Prophecies are a few more movies that didn't have a US Blu-ray release, but are available in Germany.

Keep in mind some of the stuff on your list is Region B locked. Others may be 1080i50.
Thanks given by:
keke (05-26-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 07:33 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmouse View Post
Does anyone have any good recommendations for titles on Amazon.de that have never been released in the US?
Personally, I've really enjoyed Van Helsing. Season 1 got a US release, but Season 2 has only been out in the UK & Germany so far. Season 2 is part of the sale: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Van-H...lu-ray/235606/

Shadowhunters Season 1 & 2 are on sale as well. I thought that the show began as what I'd expect from a FreeForm series, but slowly and steadily improved, so that I really enjoyed it by the end: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shado...lu-ray/175128/ & https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shado...lu-ray/175128/

Teen Wolf Season 1, and some of the subsequent seasons, are part of the sale: https://www.blu-ray.com/Teen-Wolf/131880/#Releases

I've heard some good things about Cardinal (also part of the sale), though haven't seen it yet myself: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cardi...lu-ray/210600/ & https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cardi...lu-ray/227102/

Hemlock Grove is another one that's on sale. I've only seen S1 (which was released in the US), but S2 wasn't and S3 was only available in Germany & Australia according to our database. Both S2 and S3 are part of this sale too: https://www.blu-ray.com/Hemlock-Grove/310809/#Releases
Old 05-26-2019, 09:54 PM   #30

Jun 2007
San Diego, CA USA

Cheers OP! Got myself 5 UHDs for $80 delivered:

The Prestige
The Hunt for Red October
Neon Demon
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Suspiria (2018)
Old 05-28-2019, 09:46 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

I guess I'll never understand Amazon -- ordered 15 items, dispatched b/w Sunday and today in 6 separate packages.

I'd hate to think what would have happened if I'd selected something other than Ship in as few as packages possible though I guess if they can make money on 6 cross Atlantic packages for $12, more power to them
Old 05-28-2019, 11:45 PM   #32
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninfan81 View Post
All 4k:

Hotel Artemis
Hansel and Gretel
The Fog
Suspiria (2018)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Did you read any reviews on the disc of The Fog? One of my favorite films but very disappointing they didn't do a remaster for this 4K disc.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
Union County NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Did you read any reviews on the disc of The Fog? One of my favorite films but very disappointing they didn't do a remaster for this 4K disc.
Yep but I had the other 3 Carpenter so it became the good old completist OCD thing.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 AM   #34

Jan 2011

Looks like it ended. They omitted the end time of the sale, and rather then let it run until the end of the day, they end it at an arbitrary time like 8AM (German time)? Welp, that was several hours wasted trying to put an order together.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #35
Special Member

May 2013
Vienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgLIS View Post
Looks like it ended. They omitted the end time of the sale, and rather then let it run until the end of the day, they end it at an arbitrary time like 8AM (German time)? Welp, that was several hours wasted trying to put an order together.
The sale was on for more than a week, so not exactly Amazon's fault if you decide to go for it last minute.

It was different from the usual sales, which usually last from Monday 0AM to Sunday 12PM. More a price match to a similar Saturn /MM offer, and in the past they always ended those price matches as soon as it was gone from the competitor's site, sometimes days before the announced date.

Anyway, that was a crazy offer, i ordered way too much, but i couldn't resist as it was a one-time opportunity on many titles.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:08 AM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

I kept putting off placing my order as I could not make up my mind on what I wanted, and ended up missing out completely.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:48 PM   #37
Banned

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se.Vero View Post
The sale was on for more than a week, so not exactly Amazon's fault if you decide to go for it last minute.
Sorry, but why did you bother to chime in with that? Was it because you placed a huge order before the deadline and you wanted to rub it in for those who didn't? Cool move, guy.
Thanks given by:
cyborgLIS (06-01-2019)
Old 06-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #38

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineSicko View Post
Sorry, but why did you bother to chime in with that? Was it because you placed a huge order before the deadline and you wanted to rub it in for those who didn't? Cool move, guy.
Thank you. And you would think a company as large and organized as Amazon would have more integrity than ending a sale at a random time. From my experience, when an exact end time isn't specified, the sale goes to the end of the day, so I allocated my time accordingly.
Thanks given by:
CineSicko (06-08-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I guess I'll never understand Amazon -- ordered 15 items, dispatched b/w Sunday and today in 6 separate packages.

I'd hate to think what would have happened if I'd selected something other than Ship in as few as packages possible though I guess if they can make money on 6 cross Atlantic packages for $12, more power to them
So far, so good -- 6 packages shipped 5/27

My 4 item and 7 item Royal Mail packages with Estimate Delivery June 18 -20 showed up June 5 and 8 respectively

4 Asendia packages with Delivery estimated approx June14 - so far 3 have arrived on June 10/10/12 -- one still pending. Asendia tracking still has all of the items Leaving Amazon facility in UK May 29 and nothing further on any website so pretty much worthless.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

I ordered 15 items too. They were split into 3 packages, all of which arrived between Monday and Tuesday. No problems.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Region B Deals