Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
21 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$9.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #41

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
what a warzone my house is right now.
my fridge & oven are in the back yard since yesterday afternoon...lol
So, why not set-up a second zone on your Onkyo for the backyard and these new T90e's with a projector since you already have the fridge and oven back there?

BBQ at Dons!!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
So, why not set-up a second zone on your Onkyo for the backyard and these new T90e's with a projector since you already have the fridge and oven back there?

BBQ at Dons!!
NICE !!! (where did this thread get derailed?! Lol)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #43

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Listen to him also - no need, no room - kindof like "crazyBLUE" & his HT with the 7.1. To ME, that room looks too small for 7.1 with how close the Surrounds & Rear Surr's are, but if it works for him, all the more power. I'm not hatin', lol. *

Actually it doe's sound great in here with A 7.1 sound track !!
OVERKILL ~~ No I don't always try to shake the building
Just sometimes !!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
"Nuts-R-Us, DonRSD speaking, Can I help you?" - You sound like me, but I, LIKE YOU, really Don't Have the ROOM -- especially with your 30's on the back wall above you, it'd be kind of overkill Audio wise; much like it would have been if I did something similar. If anyone in the area has brains, they'll buy those to save you the worry. Either from Craigslist or here, hopefully someone will "take them off your mind, errr, Hands"

Listen to him also - no need, no room - kindof like "crazyBLUE" & his HT with the 7.1. To ME, that room looks too small for 7.1 with how close the Surrounds & Rear Surr's are, but if it works for him, all the more power. I'm not hatin', lol. - Aramis, do you have a Studfinder to put the wall mounts up? I just borrowed a friends' and will be putting up my mounts for the Monitor 30's today after work.

* EDIT: Forsberg21 -- you have More room for the 7.1 set-up, so we are jealous if I might speak for us. ;-) *

Here's something funny- I asked my wife if she'd like me mounting my BP2x's, and she said no. She thought it'd be in the way (and it kind of would, unless I raised them over 6ft). Plus, with plaster, studs aren't the problem- running wire in the walls is a pretty big task. I'd have to use something over the wall, and overall that's the real dealkiller for us I think.

My next house will NOT be plaster walls and I WILL run my wires in the wall.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #45
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post

Actually it doe's sound great in here with A 7.1 sound track !!
OVERKILL ~~ No I don't always try to shake the building
Just sometimes !!
hahahahahahahaha -- Nice one CrazyBLUE!! I'm sure it does sound amazing, it just LOOKS smallish kind of, To ME (& maybe a couple others) but who cares?!. It works for You so ROCK ON Brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
Here's something funny- I asked my wife if she'd like me mounting my BP2x's, and she said no. She thought it'd be in the way (and it kind of would, unless I raised them over 6ft). Plus, with plaster, studs aren't the problem- running wire in the walls is a pretty big task. I'd have to use something over the wall, and overall that's the real dealkiller for us I think.

Errrr, one word: "Raceways" (<---click to check em' out, though you prob know about them already). Just an idea, of which I will be making a trip to my Home Depot next week.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post

BBQ at Dons!!
thats a funny post.

Quote:

well raise the speakers above 6ft and get some raceways.

i agree with the next house statement.
next one i get will have a dedicated home theater room & all wires will be in the walls.

when im done with my raceways ill post pics & let you see them so you can show your wife what it looks like with the wall mounts & raceways
Old 05-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #47
Power Member

Jan 2009
Right next to Wineville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile_At_Birth View Post
No! You'll make Mr. Polk sad and upset that his employees don't know which way is up and down anymore..
I think that some Asians cannot read English so they didn't know it was up-side-down.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
hahahahahahahaha -- Nice one CrazyBLUE!! I'm sure it does sound amazing, it just LOOKS smallish kind of, To ME (& maybe a couple others) but who cares?!. It works for You so ROCK ON Brother!

Errrr, one word: "Raceways" (<---click to check em' out, though you prob know about them already). Just an idea, of which I will be making a trip to my Home Depot next week.
Mentioned in another thread I have some. But there's a difference between running them over the baseboards and running them along a bare wall where, even painted, they're going to stick out a bit.

I still might look at it in the future but have a lot of stuff to tackle for now. As it stands though I kind of like my speakers on the sofa table we purchased recently.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #49
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
I think that some Asians cannot read English so they didn't know it was up-side-down.
- ummm, interesting statement. Was that an attempt at humor or something more mean-spirited?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
Mentioned in another thread I have some. But there's a difference between running them over the baseboards and running them along a bare wall where, even painted, they're going to stick out a bit.

I still might look at it in the future but have a lot of stuff to tackle for now. As it stands though I kind of like my speakers on the sofa table we purchased recently.

ill let you know this weekend how much they 'stick out'
Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
ill let you know this weekend how much they 'stick out'
I've seen your setup- probably not much in your case. In mine I've got one open doorway to go over on one side, and one front door to go over on the other, and I think that's where they'd stick out. They look great on the baseboard, though.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
I've seen your setup- probably not much in your case. In mine I've got one open doorway to go over on one side, and one front door to go over on the other, and I think that's where they'd stick out. They look great on the baseboard, though.
WTH. You have my layout too?! Lol. I have the front door (left surround/wires, & 2nd Sub's thick black cable) to do Raceways with, and the open doorway to my kitchen (right surround/wires) also. Then I'll have the 5' or so from the Wall mounts to the baseboard area to Raceway up as well. I think I'll need at least 40' for the rear surrounds & the 2 doorways to clean up the wires all-in-all.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #53

Sep 2008
Default polk speakers

living room---- main-rti-a7's
center- cs-1
surrounds--moniter 50's
rear--moniter 30's
sub- 505

den--------------pair of sda-1c's
Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #54
Power Member

Jan 2009
Right next to Wineville, CA

Quote:
- ummm, interesting statement. Was that an attempt at humor or something more mean-spirited?
Really neither. If they are now assembled over seas it may just be a fact and might explain why the tweeter is installed up-side-down.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
WTH. You have my layout too?! Lol. I have the front door (left surround/wires, & 2nd Sub's thick black cable) to do Raceways with, and the open doorway to my kitchen (right surround/wires) also. Then I'll have the 5' or so from the Wall mounts to the baseboard area to Raceway up as well. I think I'll need at least 40' for the rear surrounds & the 2 doorways to clean up the wires all-in-all.
Take pics when you're done- I'm interested in seeing the outcome. The 6ft bit comes into play for me in that as you come down the stairs or out the other open doorway, the speaker would be right there on the wall to bump your head into. In some of the pics (still need to update them) such as the one with my daughter, I'm actually standing in the first open doorway leading to the dining room.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #56
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Really neither. If they are now assembled over seas it may just be a fact and might explain why the tweeter is installed up-side-down.
Okay. You may have a point, but I just thought it was interesting for "crazyBLUE" to leave it upside down and not just correct it. If it aint broke, don't fix it!

(BTW Sammy---You need to put up some Pics also! We'd like to see the Goods! )

Quote:
Take pics when you're done- I'm interested in seeing the outcome. The 6ft bit comes into play for me in that as you come down the stairs or out the other open doorway, the speaker would be right there on the wall to bump your head into. In some of the pics (still need to update them) such as the one with my daughter, I'm actually standing in the first open doorway leading to the dining room.
Yea, me too! -- I actually bought a decent little Kodak disp. camera 2 weeks ago but the flash isnt' working so I need to bring it back & get a replacement (which should be easy--as I work there!---CVS, 2nd job).

Then I might just Update my HT Gallery or replace it. Might be nice to Update it so one might see where I was, to where I am. I know our friend "Forsberg21" advocates the Before/After pics galleries.

Last edited by Aerodude73; 05-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
Yea, me too! -- I actually bought a decent little Kodak disp. camera 2 weeks ago but the flash isnt' working so I need to bring it back & get a replacement (which should be easy--as I work there!---CVS, 2nd job).

Then I might just Update my HT Gallery or replace it. Might be nice to Update it so one might see where I was, to where I am. I know our friend "Forsberg21" advocates the Before/After pics galleries.
thats what im going to do......have before & after pics.

plus i have to clean up.....im HOPING my fridge & oven are where they belong when i get home or im going to post pics of the warzone for everyone to see.

i hope nobody comes into my patio, opens up my fridge & steals my 2 gallons of milk
Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
thats what im going to do......have before & after pics. - plus i have to clean up.....im HOPING my fridge & oven are where they belong when i get home or im going to post pics of the warzone for everyone to see.

i hope nobody comes into my patio, opens up my fridge & steals my 2 gallons of milk
- ur too funny. Don't take his milk or else! - Speakers, components, blurays are ok but LEAVE MY MILK ALONE!

Sorry---Icon craziness struck again! -- Anyway, do you have or plan to do any type of Riser (like my Subdude) or decoupler for your Sub? Reason I ask is I see the Fronts & Subs are on a floor vice carpet, or do you think it sounds good as is?

Last edited by Aerodude73; 05-08-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
South Florida

Quote:
- ur too funny. Don't take his milk or else! - Speakers, components, blurays are ok but LEAVE MY MILK ALONE!

Sorry---Icon craziness struck again! -- Anyway, do you have or plan to do any type of Riser (like my Subdude) or decoupler for your Subs? Reason I ask is aren't they on a floor vice carpet, or do you think it sounds good as is?
MILK = MY FAVORITE BEVERAGE......take the sandwich meat or fruit punch.....but dont touch the milk! lol

im good with how my sub sounds.

im actually intrigued by the audyssey how it sets my levels so farking low and i have to adjust them all to go above 0.

the receiver bottoms out at -80 or so......for me to hear ANYTHING it has to be on -40....thats a waste of HALF of the receivers power......maybe im crazy or too anal, but that bothers the crap out of me

as far as subs.....im good with my klipsch. that bad boy rocks the house man.
when i move im 100% for sure getting an ed sub custom made for my theater room.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #60
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008

Quote:
MILK = MY FAVORITE BEVERAGE......take the sandwich meat or fruit punch.....but dont touch the milk! lol

im good with how my sub sounds. - im actually intrigued by the audyssey how it sets my levels so farking low and i have to adjust them all to go above 0. - the receiver bottoms out at -80 or so......for me to hear ANYTHING it has to be on -40....thats a waste of HALF of the receivers power......maybe im crazy or too anal, but that bothers the crap out of me

as far as subs.....im good with my klipsch. that bad boy rocks the house man.
when i move im 100% for sure getting an ed sub custom made for my theater room.
That's cool then. If it sounds fine to you, end of story. And yea, that Audyssey thing... I'll re-run it when I get the 30's up, BUT, I will beforehand Write down ALL my settings (db's, Hz, all of it) in case the results after running Audyssey change things up Too much for my liking. It won't hurt and maybe I'll be surprised. We shall see.

Good luck with the Ed Sub for the future HT room. That bad boy seems to be one of the top ones to go with here. I wonder if one of those Magnolia Theaters at BB has any(?) - not that I'm going to upgrade (relax guys!) anytime soon. I just want to hear what all the fuss is about so I can later on down the line...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers