Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£32.67

The Favourite (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.78

Downsizing (Blu-ray)
£3.99

Jason Bourne 4K (Blu-ray)
£9.97

Epic 3D (Blu-ray)
£6.29
23 hrs ago
Escape from New York (Blu-ray)
£10.00

Bergman: A Year in a Life (Blu-ray)
£23.20

Johnny English Strikes Again 4K (Blu-ray)
£21.60

Fortitude: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£14.99

The Ring Collection (Blu-ray)
£45.33

Dissent & Disruption: Alan Clarke at the BBC 1969-1989 (Blu-ray)
£86.68

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #721

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
It is not watchable imo. It's a total screw-up and needs to be fixed. This isn't a minor issue that can be ignored and say "it's good enough". The framerate is seriously botched and it needs to be fixed. No excuses. We won't get another chance to get these on blu-ray. 9 episodes with the wrong framerate is not acceptable.
Sure and I agree that it should be fixed and hopefully they will but to the untrained eye, it's still watchable. I watched them with a few friends and they didn't even notice, as they aren't into the technical side of things like I am.

So I guess it will be down to whoever is in charge of this release and if they know enough about what they are looking for to say "yep, it needs new discs" or "it's good enough, we aren't spending any more on this release" which could easily happen, as this is a cheap release, not a premium set.
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #722
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod5000 View Post
I'm not sure. Optical media sales aren't what they once were. I'm trying to remember the the last disc I bought that did a recall. It's been a while. I would imagine a set like this, which was pretty big, but fairly cheap... might not have the resources to spend on a disc replacement campaign (paying to fix the footage, press new discs, and run the exchange program). Hopefully.....
The Doctor Who Tom Baker season 12 blu-ray (by the BBC) got a recall/replacement for 2 discs just a few months ago.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland