Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.98
10 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: Set 09 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 hr ago
Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

InuYasha: Set 5 (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$25.99
12 hrs ago
The Alien, The Maid & The Fox + Two Fetish Freaks & The Psychic (Blu-ray)
$32.28

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$32.77

One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.63

InuYasha: Set 4 (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ah My Buddha!! (Blu-ray)
$24.90
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 03-05-2021, 06:25 PM   #22841

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivablu View Post
My latest arrival from RS's recent Funi sale.

[Show spoiler]

The Golden Kamuy is my second attempt to try to get a near perfect slip, but the stickers ruined it again.
I have the same problem with that slipcover as well.

It is stupid material that Funi used. Swear...
Old 03-05-2021, 06:52 PM   #22842
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

I just leave it alone.
Thanks given by:
Captain N (03-05-2021), InuYashaCrusade (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #22843

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
^^ I tried...3 times, to get into "Spirits Within".
The last time was while watching my Daughter play "Life Is Strange" after the character Max in the game states "That's the best sci-fi film ever!" and we both laughed but decided to give it another try.
Nope... still find it less than appealing.
Did appreciate some of the CGI at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Well what did you expect? Life Is Strange is Published by Square Enix. So it was line just saying that 1 of their movies is great when it isn't. If it was like Final Fantasy VII Advent Children I would be more willing to believe it and even that doesn't feel like Best Sci-Fi Film but was still a great movie unlike Spirits Within which is just okay.
SquEnix may have published Life is Strange 1-2, but the actual developer was DontNod; ultimately, I don't think Square had much to do with the story or making of that game. DontNod has made games for others like Capcom; in fact, their game, Remember Me, a predecessor to Life is Strange, has many similar story beats/elements, and even the same sort of rewind-time game-play.

As for Spirits Within, I appreciate the technical aspects of that film, but it is not a good film. That ending (no spoilers) just further added to the terribleness of that film. That Advent Children came out just ~4 years later - and looked, frankly, better and with a more solid story, just makes Spirits Within that much more awful.

I recall the voice acting in Spirits Within was also nothing to write home about. May be the Japanese voice work is better, but the English one was so indifferent, especially from the lead female protagonist.
Thanks given by:
Gorgon (03-05-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 02:19 AM   #22844

Feb 2019
North Dakota

March Discotek releases from RightStuf

Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (03-06-2021), Bobo1313 (03-06-2021), Bolo Seagull (03-06-2021), kenny305 (03-06-2021), kevers7290 (03-06-2021), lucretia (Yesterday), NLScavenger (03-06-2021), One-Eye (Yesterday), professorwho (03-06-2021), psychopuppet (03-06-2021), sagadego (03-06-2021), vivablu (03-06-2021), wingzero (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #22845
Special Member

Jul 2015
England, United Kingdom

Today's arrival is Revue Starlight [Region: A B / Subtitles: Locked] from MVM Entertainment in a collector's edition Blu-ray package. While the show came out last year on Blu-ray, it surprised me that this set went on offer via the Deal of the Week this soon and for a better price than what it was going for during the Christmas sale. Like the other recent sets, this is a version of the Sentai set but with the more important items kept. Still a pretty solid set.

MOAR STUFF 第1話:

[Show spoiler]

In this segment of "What on earth did you buy next", we have Jackie Chan's The Young Master [1980 / Hong Kong / Region: B / Subtitles: Unlockable] from 88 Films presented in an awesome limited edition Blu-ray box set. While the previous sets used a slipcase, this one is a rigid box with clean artwork and more goodies. A fold-out double-sided poster, 6 art cards and a massively detailed 80+ page booklet which has a lot of interesting content included so it's worth a read.

I provided photos in the UK sub-section for those interested

MOAR STUFF 第2話:

[Show spoiler]

In this segment of "What on earth did you buy next II", I used Hive once more to grab another batch of manga, because I want to get up-to-speed on the Seven Seas & Ghost Ship titles as soon as possible.

Yes that means more culture with World's End Harem manga volumes 8-9 and World's End Harem: Fantasia manga volumes 2-3 from Seven Seas' Ghost Ship label. With this batch I have the remaining volumes released in English throughout 2020.

MOAR STUFF 第3話:

[Show spoiler]

In this segment of "What on earth did you buy next III", more video games. A lot.

First we have Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle from Koei Tecmo Europe. This game has gone out of stock and is probably out of print now, ever since Season 4 started airing. I managed to get this in a fluke as CeX had one copy available out of nowhere, wasn't cheap but wasn't SRP either.

Next is Dragon's Crown Pro from Atlus. This is the North American version as the European copies were a lot harder to find in terms of the standard edition than the Battle Hardened Edition. I don't want steelcases in my collection so it took longer than usual to get a copy of the regular set.

Next is Gal*Gun 2 from PQube, the game where anime girls want to date you and if they succeed you will die. I am currently playing Double Peace at the moment and it's a surprisingly enjoyable game so if you can tolerable some questionable fanservice segments it's worth playing. Hanekawa's Yui Horie and Rika Furude (Nipa girl)'s Yukari Tamura voice the main angels which is fun. The game was going up in price and I got very lucky grabbing a copy for cheap, because the retailer where I ordered it from, actually upped the price by 3x as much lol.

Next is Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate from PQube, which is actually still available without issue. I decided to pick the game up sooner because it dropped in price and I decided to take advantage when I could. Also you can change the voice in the menus to Ryu so that's a bonus.

Next is Kandagawa Jet Girls from XSEED. Marvelous Europe decided to release this game digital only and I wanted a physical copy, except the international shipping restrictions occurred when the game was released. Turns out Amazon UK has Amazon US listings on their site so I was able to order the game via its Global shipping with VAT included, free shipping and a solid price. It shipped quickly via DPD with tracking.

Next is Langrisser I & II from NIS Europe. This game just does not want to go down in price, and considering it's from NISA I had a discount code available for the site so I used it to get the game for a decent price. I don't expect the physical copies to last for this game.

Next is Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon from Koei Tecmo Europe. Like DanMachi this game is still readily available but it's actually been released for a few years now and I decided it would be better to grab the game sooner than wait and miss out like I had done with a few other titles.

Next is Ys IX: Monstrum Nox from NIS Europe. This game just came out recently but if you remember how Ys VIII was handled, I expect another trainwreck so I decided to buy it now than save myself the ridiculous hassle. It's a nice package also.

Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (03-06-2021), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), BWBODDY (03-06-2021), Gorgon (03-06-2021), kenny305 (03-06-2021), lucretia (Yesterday), Naiera (03-06-2021), neoz (03-06-2021), NLScavenger (03-06-2021), One-Eye (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday), psychopuppet (03-06-2021), SpazeBlue (03-06-2021), ThisIsJonny (Yesterday), TootallMcgraw (03-06-2021), vivablu (03-06-2021), wingzero (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #22846

Oct 2011

Arrived since last post :

One other item :
[Show spoiler]

Had a Yukari ordered to go with Miho ,but the seller canít find her so I guess Iíll have to be on the look out .
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (03-06-2021), Bobo1313 (03-06-2021), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), BWBODDY (03-06-2021), Gorgon (Yesterday), kenny305 (03-06-2021), kk1 (Yesterday), neoz (03-06-2021), NLScavenger (03-06-2021), One-Eye (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday), SpazeBlue (03-06-2021), ThisIsJonny (Yesterday), wingzero (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 08:58 PM   #22847

Jun 2019

haul for this month so far
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (03-06-2021), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), Gorgon (Yesterday), kenny305 (Yesterday), neoz (Yesterday), One-Eye (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday), psychopuppet (03-06-2021), wingzero (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM   #22848
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2015
Great White North

Hi My friends;
I was fortunate enough to receive these lovely eds recently so wanted to share a pic.
I was quite frustrated with the exorbitant price that Amz.ca was asking for JoJo Golden Wind Pt-2 but was fortunate enough to come across a secondary market seller that offered it for normal pricing ($58Cdn).
I've heard that AoT Jnr High is actually pretty funny so wanted to check it out as well.
TBH-K I bought 2 copies of, one for my G-D (of course) as she is absolutely adoring the show.
Last, this should (hopefully) put me up to date with all the GitS releases, as this Steel was the last one I was missing...heh.
Mind, I still am looking for the FAC release of the GitS LA with ScarJo.

JoJo 6 Pt2, TBHK,GitS Steel2,AoTJrH,Eden East 40.jpg

Last edited by Gorgon; Yesterday at 05:36 AM.
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (Yesterday), Bobo1313 (Yesterday), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), kenny305 (Yesterday), kk1 (Yesterday), Naiera (Yesterday), neoz (Today), NLScavenger (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday), psychopuppet (Yesterday), sagadego (Yesterday), ThisIsJonny (Yesterday), wingzero (Yesterday)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime