Best Vudu Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$34.99
14 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49
16 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.62
18 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
13 hrs ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Old 08-08-2019, 09:00 PM   #981
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Send a message via AIM to nishomac Send a message via Skype™ to nishomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedmaniac View Post
I believe that isn't available on MA because it's a television series.
Is there a way to install vudu and ma apps in the uk? Do I need to create a us iTunes account?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #982

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmtech View Post
Try disconnecting MA and see if it switches back to UHD. That should temporarily fix this issue.
At the moment itís not even connected to MA, but the trouble with MA is itís only logged as HD rights due to UV only coming from Vudu and they only have HDX, it was only showing UHD in FandangoNow and MyUV, as thereís now no more MyUV it seems for some reason itís lost the UHD rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazeruk View Post
I had a look in mine on Fandango Now. I think it's a bug. When I hit refresh on the page on one showing HD and it switched back to UHD for the title that is in UHD from UV.
Iím hoping itís just a bug, I opened my FandangoNow app shortly after checking via the browser and it did indeed still show UHD as being owned but within 3 seconds it changed to HD owned.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #983
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
At the moment itís not even connected to MA, but the trouble with MA is itís only logged as HD rights due to UV only coming from Vudu and they only have HDX, it was only showing UHD in FandangoNow and MyUV, as thereís now no more MyUV it seems for some reason itís lost the UHD rights.
Yeah, I have several UV titles in FandangoNow that either had UHD or HD status, but has now been overwritten as HD or SD by MA.

I'm not reconnecting MA back until they finish their transition.
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (08-08-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 09:57 PM   #984

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Yeah, I have several UV titles in FandangoNow that either had UHD or HD status, but has now been overwritten as HD or SD by MA.

I'm not reconnecting MA back until they finish their transition.
Vudu have just upgraded GB 1 & 2 to UHD so theyíre now showing 4K in iTunes and FandangoNow.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #985
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Vudu have just upgraded GB 1 & 2 to UHD so they’re now showing 4K in iTunes and FandangoNow.
They forwarded 4K ownership from UV, but it's still HD in VUDU.

I already had GB1 and GB2 in 4K in MA from the code Sony sent out, but I had a couple of other (one previously SD, now HD, and one previously HD, now UHD) titles get upgraded.

I'm just waiting on "Dark City: Director's Cut" (HD in UV, SD in VUDU, so SD in MA and every where else) now.

Last edited by Alan Gordon; 08-20-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:12 AM   #986

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
They forwarded 4K ownership from UV, but it's still HD in VUDU.

I already had GB1 and GB2 in 4K in MA from the code Sony sent out, but I had a couple of other (one previously SD, now HD, and one previously HD, now UHD) titles get upgraded.

I'm just waiting on "Dark City: Director's Cut" (HD in UV, SD in VUDU, so SD in MA and every where else) now.
Ah interesting, so vudu now show you own UHD for a title even though they only have it in HDX.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:47 PM   #987

Apr 2016

Quote:
Ah interesting, so vudu now show you own UHD for a title even though they only have it in HDX.
Correct, as well as HDX even if they only have it in SD. They display "You own XXX" per your rights, but playback will be limited by the copy they have available.

Why they didn't do this years ago for code redemptions, rather than downgrading rights and porting those to UV and MA, is a puzzler. Oh, wait.
Thanks given by:
-Gonzo- (08-21-2019), crackedknee (08-21-2019), Dustin44 (08-21-2019), scottmcasey (09-04-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #988
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Are they any people who lost their entire digital library because for some reason they didn't handle their UltraViolet collection by July 31st the way they had been told to do? I'm not trying to laugh at those people. I'm just wondering if there is any widespread phenomenon of people forgetting to handle their UV titles. I've searched online and haven't seen any chatter about this. One thing about human nature is that there are always people who forget and/or miss deadlines. If there is a widespread problem of anything, there could be some ramifications.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #989
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Phreak View Post
Are they any people who lost their entire digital library because for some reason they didn't handle their UltraViolet collection by July 31st the way they had been told to do? I'm not trying to laugh at those people. I'm just wondering if there is any widespread phenomenon of people forgetting to handle their UV titles. I've searched online and haven't seen any chatter about this. One thing about human nature is that there are always people who forget and/or miss deadlines. If there is a widespread problem of anything, there could be some ramifications.
Someone the other day reported getting something linked, and this several weeks later. I don't remember the exact details, but basically they got some movies ported through from UV that were previously not working.

The UV database still exists, for now. Not sure when it will be totally retired, but the various studios and providers (Vudu and FN) can still access it to mop up any problems/details.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)