Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RoboCop (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
The Terminator (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Award Winning Thrillers (iTunes)
$19.96
6 hrs ago
The Great Escape (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
The Princess Bride (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Underwater (iTunes)
$7.99
6 hrs ago
Spaceballs (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Platoon (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Raging Bull (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Dances with Wolves (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
The Silence of the Lambs (iTunes)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2021, 02:43 PM   #1941
OneQuestionMan OneQuestionMan is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2018
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibaliztik View Post
still no clue what you are going on about, but sure, ok.
Seems simple enough.

While the post seems straightforward, bhampton makes comments and states opinions that are not consistent and I sought clarification of the statement he made.

And I said that an opinion of the film had nothing to do with my question (just a statement of fact, and was not saying such an opinion couldn’t be posted) and that just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean I won’t - you seem to be of the opposite view, that you not liking it means I won’t like it either.

Last edited by OneQuestionMan; 01-17-2021 at 02:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #1942
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
356
1883
437
963
1049
1588
1015
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
BTW:
I "finally" watched it....
It's not a "bad" movie, it's certainly more entertaining then B v. S IMO.
But once you get beyond the 80's nostalgia, it becomes a MORALS movie.
And that's where the picture sours IMO, because it's one thing to be entertained, it's another to be preached to.....

.....I was rooting for the Mountain to show up and poke the guys eyes out again by the end.
I literally laughed out loud reading this. Imagine watching a WONDER WOMAN movie and complaining that it was about "MORALS".

This isn't meant to be rude to you, but I think that's a disconnect with the character.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't seen the movie, as I'm waiting on the disc, so I don't know what I think of the film. I may not like it either, but I figure at worst, I'll still like it more than MoS, BvS, JL, and probably JL:ZSC.

Last edited by Alan Gordon; 01-17-2021 at 08:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:55 PM   #1943
tjritter79 tjritter79 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
170
3
757
928
876
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I literally laughed out loud reading this. Imagine watching a WONDER WOMAN movie and complaining that it was about "MORALS".

This isn't meant to be rude to you, but I think that's a disconnect with the character.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't seen the movie, as I'm waiting on the disc, so I don't know what I think of the film. I may not like it either, but I figure at worst, I'll still like it more than MoS, BvS, JL, and probably JL:ZSC.
LOL, well, watch then tell me if I was incorrect in my assessment.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Alan Gordon (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 11:07 PM   #1944
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
356
1883
437
963
1049
1588
1015
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjritter79 View Post
LOL, well, watch then tell me if I was incorrect in my assessment.
Will do! I might hate it. Until I know for sure, I still have to laugh at the choice of words though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:18 AM   #1945
BlakkMajik3000 BlakkMajik3000 is offline
Expert Member
 
BlakkMajik3000's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
479 via 318
12
481
89
1004
12
418
97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Really, you have no idea why?

Just read 99% of the things people have said and you’ll have an idea.
My enjoyment of a movie is not shaped by what people say online. I think what happened is that people had this idea of what it should have been, based on the first movie, and were disappointed.

I know there wasn't as much action, especially in relation to the first, but I honestly thought the cautionary "be careful what you wish for" aspect was executed masterfully against the backdrop of the "greed is good" aspect of the 80s.

Maybe being a WW fanboy and an 80s baby is clouding my judgement, but I seriously do not get the criticism of this move. I find the best part of the movie is that it's not a traditional superhero movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
OneQuestionMan (01-18-2021), whotony (01-18-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 03:32 AM   #1946
whotony whotony is offline
Special Member
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
21
8
12
Default

I wouldn’t tell you that your enjoyment of the movie is wrong.
Only that not understanding why people don’t like it confuses me.

Also reading what other people are saying is different then letting other people shape you enjoyment.
It’s just a way to see what others think and understand why they think what they do on this movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:03 AM   #1947
biggquis biggquis is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2020
369
828
5
1
398
223
68
Default

Since everyone else is talking about WW84, I'll bite. There were some cool things in the film, but I didn't like the climax at all. It's looked really nice, and I'll add it to my physical collection based on that, and to keep the entire set intact on my shelves. There really isn't anything on the film, for me, that makes me excited about going back again. I'm glad I watched it in the comfort of my home with the wife, but there isn't anything in the film that I feel like I need to talk about with friends if that makes sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:51 PM   #1948
BlakkMajik3000 BlakkMajik3000 is offline
Expert Member
 
BlakkMajik3000's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
479 via 318
12
481
89
1004
12
418
97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
I wouldn’t tell you that your enjoyment of the movie is wrong.
Only that not understanding why people don’t like it confuses me.

Also reading what other people are saying is different then letting other people shape you enjoyment.
It’s just a way to see what others think and understand why they think what they do on this movie.
I've read quite a few reviews. It appears this movie was a bit polarizing among movie goers. People either loved it or hated it. Lots of "movie was preachy", "not enough action", and "started too slow" type comments from those that didn't like it.

I am a sucker for character development, especially when it comes to villains, so the winding road they took before people started punching each other was ok with me.

Like I said above, I am heavily biased so maybe my feelings about the movie aren't entirely valid due to lack of objectivity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:11 PM   #1949
bhampton bhampton is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
390
1871
17
5
18
BJ's Wholesale Club

To clarify my post as it seems needed,...

I didn't like WW84 and few people did which is why I recommended seeing it before buying it.

I thought it was self explanatory and furthermore had no idea people were discussing my posts and intentions.. this is the first time I visited this area of the forum since writing that post.

I recommend if I confuse someone they PM me rather that remain confused. I had no idea I had caused such concern.



-Brian
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aston_Martin_DB5 (01-19-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #1950
OneQuestionMan OneQuestionMan is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2018
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
To clarify my post as it seems needed,...

I didn't like WW84 and few people did which is why I recommended seeing it before buying it.

I thought it was self explanatory and furthermore had no idea people were discussing my posts and intentions.. this is the first time I visited this area of the forum since writing that post.

I recommend if I confuse someone they PM me rather that remain confused. I had no idea I had caused such concern.



-Brian
As has been said several times your intent is not always straightforward, hence why that seemingly simple comment was not self explanatory.

“Concern”? That is a bit melodramatic.

And why discuss it by private message? That seems odd.

So now that I know the true intent of you comment I can respond.

No, I don’t need to see it before buying it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #1951
OneQuestionMan OneQuestionMan is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2018
11
Default

Warner Bros. have a sale on older movies in the Irish and UK stores.

Does anyone know if there are more reduced than are listed in the LATEST OFFERS section?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #1952
bhampton bhampton is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
390
1871
17
5
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQuestionMan View Post
As has been said several times your intent is not always straightforward, hence why that seemingly simple comment was not self explanatory.

“Concern”? That is a bit melodramatic.

And why discuss it by private message? That seems odd.

So now that I know the true intent of you comment I can respond.

No, I don’t need to see it before buying it.

Well if it's been said then it's surely true.

The reason I suggested Private Mail is because this seemed like a personal problem and a issue with me rather than the topic and therefore belongs off of the main thread.

Ok.... fair enough .. I tried to explain myself and I'm off.

Good Luck,

Brian

Last edited by bhampton; 01-18-2021 at 05:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aston_Martin_DB5 (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #1953
DeadEye16 DeadEye16 is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2020
Default

So it turns out I wasn't alone with Godfather Coda and playing through Apple TV app or Airplay. Reviews show everyone has the issue. I contacted itunes support and they refunded me. I intend to rebuy once the issue is fixed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #1954
asertywny asertywny is offline
Member
 
Apr 2020
Default

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Special Edition) 4,99$: is it from 2015 blu-ray or 2017 remastered bluray?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
whotony (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 09:03 PM   #1955
lgans316 lgans316 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
lgans316's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom
17
276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asertywny View Post
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Special Edition) 4,99$: is it from 2015 blu-ray or 2017 remastered bluray?
2015 and it's been $4.99 for more than a week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 PM   #1956
asertywny asertywny is offline
Member
 
Apr 2020
Default

Thanks for info. And theatrical cut in the Extras is also 2015?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #1957
OneQuestionMan OneQuestionMan is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2018
11
Default

I’ve tried getting help with this from iTunes support several times but to no avail.

I bought Blue Planet and Blue Planet II separately.

On the iTunes Store app and via the TV App Library on AppleTV the episode play fine but through not with the Up Next list.

Selecting to “view details” shows the series 1 episodes on a page the Blue Planet bundle and Selecting Episode 2 and 6 opens a more detailed episode information page with a “buy series” bundle.

Last edited by OneQuestionMan; 01-26-2021 at 10:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:26 AM   #1958
mastadge mastadge is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2012
19
952
8
Default

In several recent films, e.g. Ammonite and News of the World, I've found them to have an almost nauseatingly HFR effect. Very unpleasant to watch. Is there any way to turn that off in Apple TV? Like some kind of function that's the opposite of motion smoothing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:23 AM   #1959
Fiffy Fiffy is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2007
San Jose, CA
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadge View Post
In several recent films, e.g. Ammonite and News of the World, I've found them to have an almost nauseatingly HFR effect. Very unpleasant to watch. Is there any way to turn that off in Apple TV? Like some kind of function that's the opposite of motion smoothing?
I have watched Ammonite and saw no such thing. It has 23.976 framerate like almost all movies on iTunes. Make sure you haven't turned on frame interpolation on your TV or projector. Some TVs remember the setting for different framerates and/or HDMI inputs, so you may have to turn it off separately for different sources.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #1960
kannibaliztik kannibaliztik is online now
Special Member
 
kannibaliztik's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
59
114
26
203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastadge View Post
In several recent films, e.g. Ammonite and News of the World, I've found them to have an almost nauseatingly HFR effect. Very unpleasant to watch. Is there any way to turn that off in Apple TV? Like some kind of function that's the opposite of motion smoothing?
you need to check the settings on your tv/device, if you have match content on it may be activating some motion options on your tv picture settings, those need to be off.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 AM.