Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Sony Pictures Classics: 30th Anniversary Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$142.11
1 day ago
The Red Balloon and Other Stories: Five Films by Albert Lamorisse (Blu-ray)
$55.99
21 hrs ago
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Blue Steel (Blu-ray)
$15.79
21 hrs ago
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$6.00
7 hrs ago
Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (Blu-ray)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
19 hrs ago
Witness 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.68
21 hrs ago
Tenebrae 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.84
21 hrs ago
Battleship 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
19 hrs ago
The Flash 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #10001
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
In my HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordgee View Post
Wow, this thread has gone to 10,000 posts! Way to go SVS enthusiasts!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #10002

Jul 2010

There's a local that's selling 2 of his PC13 Ultras. I think I'm going to try to arrange a listen. Not sure if I can fit them in my HT, but if the price is right, maybe 1 would work.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #10003

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
As far as connections are concerned it's simple. I assume you are using a receiver with preouts now and planning to use the XPA-3 for your L/C/R speakers.

1. Use an rca cable connect from the L/C/R preouts of your receiver to the corresponding unbalanced inputs on the XPA-3.
2. Take out the L/C/R speaker cables which are currently connected to the receiver and plug them to the corresponding speaker out terminals in the XPA-3.
3. Rerun the room eq/auto calibration from your receiver.
4. Sit back and enjoy.

BTW, the manual that comes with the amp describes this is detail.
Sounds pretty straight forward, thank you for the clarification! I'm excited to hear what these speakers can do!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #10004
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
In my HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordgee View Post
There's a local that's selling 2 of his PC13 Ultras. I think I'm going to try to arrange a listen. Not sure if I can fit them in my HT, but if the price is right, maybe 1 would work.
Dual Ultras will be gigantic upgrade from your current SVS. If you got the room and $ go for it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #10005

Mar 2010
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Dual Ultras will be gigantic upgrade from your current SVS. If you got the room and $ go for it.
+1
Old 02-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #10006
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Ya baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #10007

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

So I got the XPA3 Hooked up to these MTS-02's and my reaction..... Cannot believe the sound I'm getting in this acoustically challenged open room! My old Infinity speakers got swallowed up in here, but not these beasts. The clarity I'm getting with music is just flat out amazing! Even at high volumes, these speakers just seem to pump out the music effortlessly. It's almost as if I can hear the fingers strumming every guitar string, or hitting every piano key, and the breathe hitting the mic as it was recorded in studio! Almost as if I'm actually really hearing the music for the first time. Honestly, I am very surprised at how well these 7 inch woofers are outputting so much low end. These coupled with my Ultra sub are producing some very powerful magic in my living room! I found myself just getting lost in music for several hours last night. I cannot wait to take delivery on the MCS-02 Center, and see what this system along with the MBS-02 surrounds can do with movies...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #10008
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWildersHair View Post
So I got the XPA3 Hooked up to these MTS-02's and my reaction..... Cannot believe the sound I'm getting in this acoustically challenged open room! My old Infinity speakers got swallowed up in here, but not these beasts. The clarity I'm getting with music is just flat out amazing! Even at high volumes, these speakers just seem to pump out the music effortlessly. It's almost as if I can hear the fingers strumming every guitar string, or hitting every piano key, and the breathe hitting the mic as it was recorded in studio! Almost as if I'm actually really hearing the music for the first time. Honestly, I am very surprised at how well these 7 inch woofers are outputting so much low end. These coupled with my Ultra sub are producing some very powerful magic in my living room! I found myself just getting lost in music for several hours last night. I cannot wait to take delivery on the MCS-02 Center, and see what this system along with the MBS-02 surrounds can do with movies...
Excellent great to hear and they sure are beautiful ! Now its time to upgrade your HT gallery
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #10009

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Excellent great to hear and they sure are beautiful ! Now its time to upgrade your HT gallery
Thanks but I feel so inferior to all of your guys' HT setups that I am almost embarrassed that I put anything up there to begin with.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #10010
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Thanks but I feel so inferior to all of your guys' HT setups that I am almost embarrassed that I put anything up there to begin with.
No way my friend you've got some nice gear and adding your new mts-2series SVS speakers is the frosting on the cake and your theater seats are eye candy to !!! If I say please will you add your new speakers to your beautiful HT gallery ? Oh and then to top it off you have the king of the subs the SVS PB13 ultra
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #10011

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Quote:
No way my friend you've got some nice gear and adding your new mts-2series SVS speakers is the frosting on the cake and your theater seats are eye candy to !!! If I say please will you add your new speakers to your beautiful HT gallery ? Oh and then to top it off you have the king of the subs the SVS PB13 ultra
LOL, thank you for the kind words, Just a blue collar family man who is really trying to do his best with getting some decent gear. I was debating whether to upgrade my TV, (an old 52" Sony XBR4) or upgrade my receiver, speakers, and adding an external amp! After giving it some thought, I decided my tv wasn't really all that small, and it still looks great, so I decided to do the HT sound first.I'm happy I made that decision, it really is a major improvement in sound quality! The next thing I'll do is upgrade the Display. It is a very rewarding but *expensive* hobby! I will update this week, especially when I get my center from the fine folks at SVS this Wednesday!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #10012
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
LOL, thank you for the kind words, Just a blue collar family man who is really trying to do his best with getting some decent gear. I was debating whether to upgrade my TV, (an old 52" Sony XBR4) or upgrade my receiver, speakers, and adding an external amp! After giving it some thought, I decided my tv wasn't really all that small, and it still looks great, so I decided to do the HT sound first.I'm happy I made that decision, it really is a major improvement in sound quality! The next thing I'll do is upgrade the Display. It is a very rewarding but *expensive* hobby! I will update this week, especially when I get my center from the fine folks at SVS this Wednesday!
YW and Yes you did the wright thing and made a great choice with your upgrades . Im so looking forward to seeing your full setup with new speakers !! BTW I to am a blue collar worker I just eat a lot of top ramen
Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #10013

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Quote:
YW and Yes you did the wright thing and made a great choice with your upgrades . Im so looking forward to seeing your full setup with new speakers !! BTW I to am a blue collar worker I just eat a lot of top ramen
Hilarious!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #10014
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Hilarious!
Whats really funny is that Oriental flavor is pretty darn good
Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #10015
Special Member

Aug 2009
Midwest

Nice looking Ultra Gene! You have good taste in the finish.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #10016

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Sorry for the blurry phone camera pics, but I uploaded a few images of the new speakers, and Wednesday I will update with the new Center speaker!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #10017

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Nice looking Ultra Gene! You have good taste in the finish.
Thank you! You too! Love your setup!

Last edited by GeneWildersHair; 02-28-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added text.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #10018
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
In my HT

Gene I like the look of your gear.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #10019

Mar 2010
New York

Awesome gear Gene.. Looks great
Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #10020

May 2010
Bay Area, Ca