Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

Peanuts: Holiday Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.28

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
18 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$36.09

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$248.99

Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-14-2018, 03:12 AM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

I like it already on episode 6 only got 4 episodes left then i'm done
Old 10-14-2018, 03:47 AM   #22

Jan 2015

I really liked this. It wasn't at all what I expected. It was more of a mystery/family drama. The slow burn aspect will definitely turn some people off I feel.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:06 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

I made it to episode 3 and found the sister was had super powers.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #24

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperAgent View Post
I finished it. Unimpressed. This is just a family drama with few and far between spooky moments. It was marketed as real horror which it is not. 5/10 on the acting alone.
Yeah, it's really not what I expected. It used that whole bait and switch that many "horrors" do. They make a 2-3 minute trailer off all the jump scares and stuff and market it as such because that is what sells. But then deliver something completely different and people are upset lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
I had to stop after an episode and a half, the acting is BRUTAL, especially from the child actors. My god.
I actually thought the acting was pretty solid on the show, especially the child actors. the little boy is so sincere and perfect. Same with the youngest girl.

I just finished episode 5 so still half way to go...
Old 10-14-2018, 10:20 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014

Watching this now. I think itís great!
Old 10-14-2018, 10:46 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Just finished episode 7 and think this is excellent so far. Very different from what I expected, in a good way. Thought episode 6 was truly fantastic
Thanks given by:
Demented D (10-16-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 12:51 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

I finished the whole season, been sick the past 3 days so I binged the whole thing. LOVED it. I'm curious to see what they're going to do if it gets a second season?
[Show spoiler]Spoiler just in case there's someone who will take this as a spoiler... lol Will they go back in time and play out the stories of other ghosts in house? Go forward and show someone else try to restore the house?
Thanks given by:
Demented D (10-16-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:07 AM   #28
Banned

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

I actually had a hard time keeping up with what was going on. It’s all over the place. Is it time jumping or whatever? I dunno..... having trouble getting into this.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:22 AM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

May 2011
-
-

The season got much better halfway through but ended really poorly imo. I found it ok overall, but it had potential to be amazing.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:26 AM   #30
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
I actually had a hard time keeping up with what was going on. Itís all over the place. Is it time jumping or whatever? I dunno..... having trouble getting into this.
I personally found the first thirty minutes of episode 1 sleep inducing - bam, out like a light...
Thanks given by:
Bolty (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
Flanaganís films Hush and Oculus are absolutely awful so Iím not sure this is for me. I did enjoy Geraldís Game, though.
Itís still not great, but I do think this is better than those films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
I finished the whole season, been sick the past 3 days so I binged the whole thing. LOVED it. I'm curious to see what they're going to do if it gets a second season?
[Show spoiler]Spoiler just in case there's someone who will take this as a spoiler... lol Will they go back in time and play out the stories of other ghosts in house? Go forward and show someone else try to restore the house?
Iíd rather they tell a new story if that happened. This one feels very complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperAgent View Post
I finished it. Unimpressed. This is just a family drama with few and far between spooky moments. It was marketed as real horror which it is not. 5/10 on the acting alone.
How is this not horror?
Old 10-15-2018, 03:32 AM   #32

Jan 2011
Michigan

Hush is an incredible film. I've probably seen it like 7 times already, including as recent as last week.
Thanks given by:
happydood (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
I actually had a hard time keeping up with what was going on. Itís all over the place. Is it time jumping or whatever? I dunno..... having trouble getting into this.
You definitely have to pay attention to this one. Not a show you can watch while playing games on your phone. Normally that's what I would do (depending on what I'm watching - it's fine for sitcoms and light shows) but with this I seldom did or I'd miss something. I didn't find it hard to follow at all giving it my full attention but I do feel a lot of people won't want to put the effort into it.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:20 AM   #34
Power Member

Jan 2014
The Lament Configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
The season got much better halfway through but ended really poorly imo. I found it ok overall, but it had potential to be amazing.
Agree, I found the ending to be very disappointing. Best part was
[Show spoiler]the reveal that Nell was the bent neck lady
Old 10-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2014
S„o Paulo, Brazil

Mike Flanagan is very hit and miss with me. I thought Hush was very silly and boring, couldn't even finish it actually. On the other hand, Gerald's Game is a very hard book to adapt to screen and he nailed it.
I just finished ep 3 of this show. It has elements of Shirley Jackson's novel but very few. Apparently he turned the story into a family drama that deals mostly with death, like a horror variation of Alan Ball's Six Feet Under (they even have the funeral home). It's not bad, I feel like watching the whole thing, but so far it's not even close to what the critics said it was.

Last edited by JackForrester; 10-15-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #36
Banned

Oct 2018

Just started with the first episode yesterday, Sadly my weekend is over and I'll have to wait for the remaining episodes in the coming week. Liked it
Old 10-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany

I thought this started out ok, got very good round the middle (episodes 4 - 6 ) and then it ended poorly.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2017
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
Flanaganís films Hush and Oculus are absolutely awful so Iím not sure this is for me. I did enjoy Geraldís Game, though.
I loved Absentia, but Oculus did not work for me at all. His others have been hit and miss. Did enjoy Gerald's Game. Started House on Haunted Hill, but the CGI ghosts took me out of it.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008
Berlin, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJoynt View Post
I loved Absentia, but Oculus did not work for me at all. His others have been hit and miss. Did enjoy Gerald's Game. Started House on Haunted Hill, but the CGI ghosts took me out of it.
The Haunting of Hill House. People keep getting these two muddled up.

The ghosts were played by actors in make up and prosthetics, there was barely any CGI. It’s pretty obvious too. Unless you watched the remake of House on Haunted Hill by mistake. That does have CGI ghosts.

Last edited by Todd Tomorrow; 10-15-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (10-21-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #40
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

First 3 episodes were rather slow but the pace picks up from E4. Could not stop watching it and made to E7 last night. The acting, I thought, were really solid; all performances were good. Brutal? No. Jackie Chan movies are brutal.

The memory recollections flipping back and forth took a while to get used to but the overall structure is very good. The pivotal moment is the 'gathering' then there are 2 main stories that are weaved/edited together: events unfolding from the 'gathering' and events that took place at Hill House. It is similar structure as Christopher Nolan's Memento.

Overall, I like it very much and recommend it to people who enjoyed Memento, Inception, Babadook, and Conjuring. Kind of mish-mash of all of those in one series. Haven't finished it yet so some final reservations on how the series wraps itself up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows