Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
23 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$38.49

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
17 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (Blu-ray)
$22.99
9 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Trek: Discovery - Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
23 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 08-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Looks like a Korean release:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=247352

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/2046-Blu-ray/112022/
Old 08-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

^ Wow! Thanks for the heads up, and I might look into getting this Korean version... only wish the transfer is half as decent (or as good) as In The Mood For Love.
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (08-31-2014)
Old 12-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Disappointed that In the Mood for Love & 2046 still aren't on Blu. They're two of my favorite Wong Kar Wai films and - like all of his movies - are both dripping with atmosphere & ambience.

Also like WKW's previous movies Chungking Express & Fallen Angels, both ITMFL & 2046 are best when watched back to back - since both films feature the same cross-over characters.

I really like the 1960's era, neon lights at night, and romance present in ITMFL.

However, I would have to say that 2046 is my preferred film. I like how the imaginary sci-fi world is intermingled with the real-world & present storyline(s) - very creative. Also, what makes this film rise about ITMFL is the fact that it takes place during the holidays: the ever-present Nat King Cole's iconic "The Christmas Song" playing, the green & red Christmas lights, the mention of Christmas & Christmas Eve, etc. are both obvious & yet subtle. I.e., I wouldn't consider 2046 a "Christmas film" by any means, but it definitely incorporates the holidays in the storyline.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Disappointed that In the Mood for Love & 2046 still aren't on Blu. They're two of my favorite Wong Kar Wai films and - like all of his movies - are both dripping with atmosphere & ambience.

Also like WKW's previous movies Chungking Express & Fallen Angels, both ITMFL & 2046 are best when watched back to back - since both films feature the same cross-over characters.

I really like the 1960's era, neon lights at night, and romance present in ITMFL.

However, I would have to say that 2046 is my preferred film. I like how the imaginary sci-fi world is intermingled with the real-world & present storyline(s) - very creative. Also, what makes this film rise about ITMFL is the fact that it takes place during the holidays: the ever-present Nat King Cole's iconic "The Christmas Song" playing, the green & red Christmas lights, the mention of Christmas & Christmas Eve, etc. are both obvious & yet subtle. I.e., I wouldn't consider 2046 a "Christmas film" by any means, but it definitely incorporates the holidays in the storyline.
They're actually both on Blu-ray..

Criterion released In the Mood for Love right here in the states. And there's a Korean release of 2046 that's region free.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
They're actually both on Blu-ray..

Criterion released In the Mood for Love right here in the states. And there's a Korean release of 2046 that's region free.
I stand corrected - Thanks. Though, I would still consider 2046 as still not being released on Region 1 Blu.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
I stand corrected - Thanks. Though, I would still consider 2046 as still not being released on Region 1 Blu.
You'd be right as I had to import it. But it is an upgrade over the DVD even if only slightly. And the subtitles are better than the DVD's, too. And I love the movie so much I needed it on Blu-ray.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland
China Days of Being Wild on TCM & Blossoms

Just a heads-up that Days of Being Wild will be on TCM at 2AM EST, & if you didn't catch this announcement earlier this year, I think it's still moving forward:

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists