Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

La Poison (Blu-ray)
$17.24
6 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 03-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011

Extremely lame they didn't put Coherence on blu-ray.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:33 AM   #42

Mar 2009
Wilmington, OH
Send a message via AIM to Donimo

So.....is Oscilloscope done with releasing their films on Blu-ray? There haven't been any released in quite some time, yet there are several new dvd releases. If they have ceased this practice, I'm pretty bummed.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 AM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2015
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
So.....is Oscilloscope done with releasing their films on Blu-ray? There haven't been any released in quite some time, yet there are several new dvd releases. If they have ceased this practice, I'm pretty bummed.
Are you the Chris that asked them about it on their Facebook because you two eerily have nearly the same wording about this. I was looking up info for you and came across this.

Edit: I looked and I couldn't find anything on the issue. Best bet is just asking them which I think you already have.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 01-28-2016 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:10 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

I know they are releasing their River of Grass restoration on blu (or at least promised it to Kickstarter backers). They are pretty alive on Twitter, I would ask there.

They have some titles in their back catalog that I would very much like to see a blu-ray release for, but sadly it doesn't look like they are doing anything with them.

Last edited by Snicket; 01-28-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

Ever since Adam died, the people who now run Oscilloscope are pretty much into the VOD side of things and will only do DVD releases on certain titles. They don't have much money (Adam had a bit deeper pockets) so they can only do so much on a title. River of Grass is an exception as that had quite a bit of demand (initially, there wasn't going to be a Blu-ray but the Kickstarter financiers demanded one).
Old 02-10-2016, 05:36 AM   #46
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

PRESS RELEASE

FROM THE PRODUCERS OF THE GREAT BEAUTY and YOUTH

Venice Film Festival hit L'Attesa (The Wait) Starring Juliette Binoche | Coming April 2016‏

Quote:
Synopsis:

Stunningly shot and deeply resonant, L’ATTESA heralds the arrival of a talented new voice. With Sicily as his backdrop, Piero Messina (assistant director on Paolo Sorrentino’s THE GREAT BEAUTY) navigates a range of emotions in telling the strange, irresistible story of the relationship between two women from different generations. Academy Award-winner Juliette Binoche stars as Anna, who is meeting her son Giuseppe’s French girlfriend, Jeanne (Lou de Laâge), in the lead up to Easter festivities. Young and enchanting, Jeanne arrived with excitement before Giuseppe, whose continued delays and lack of presence cast a dark, mysterious shadow over the household. Why is Giuseppe not here and when will he appear? As Anna and Jeanne wait, they grow closer than either imagined they would, despite the secrets they’re harboring from one another.

About Director Piero Messina:

Piero Messina was born in Caltagirone in 1981. Having graduated with honors from DAMS, he took a degree in directing at the Rome Film School. He has made numerous shorts and documentaries. His short films include TERRA, shown at the 65th Cannes festival in the Cinéfondation section; LA PRIMA LEGGE DI NEWTON, which received a Special Mention at the Rome Film Festival, a nomination for a Silver Ribbon and one for a Golden Globe; and LA PORTA, selected at the Rotterdam Festival. Among his documentaries, PIRRERA was shown at the Rome Film Festival and won, among others, the Libero Bizzarri Prize.

He worked as assistant director on Paolo Sorrentino’s films THIS MUST BE THE PLACE and LA GRANDE BELLEZZA (THE GREAT BEAUTY). He has directed documentaries for RAI and the programme Capolavori Svelati for Sky Arte. In January 2014, he directed the pilot short for the Giorgio Armani project Films of City Frames, aimed at students at some of the most important film schools in the world.

About Lou de Laâge:

Lou de Laâge is a French actress and former model whose film credits Thomas Bardinet's NINO (UNE ADOLESCENCE IMAGINAIRE DE NICO FERRER) (2011), Danièle Thompson's comedy DES GENS QUI S'EMBRASSENT (2013) and Mélanie Laurent's RESPIRE (2014). She recently garnered rave reviews for her performance in Anne Fontaine's AGNUS DEI which premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.

About Juliette Binoche:

Born in Paris, Juliette Binoche made her feature film debut in 1983 with LIBERTY BELL. Her performance in the 1988 film THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING thrust her into the international spotlight, and she was honored with an Academy Award in 1997 for her work in THE ENGLISH PATIENT. Binoche has continued to turn in acclaimed and successful performances, while remaining true to her commitment to high-quality projects. She starred in the French-Taiwanese film Flight of the RED BALOON (2007) as well as CERTIFIED COPY, for which she won Best Actress at the 2010 Cannes film festival. She recently earned rave reviews for her lead performance in the critically acclaimed hit CLOUDS OF SILS MARIA.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 02-10-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #47
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

New 2K Restoration of Kelly Reichardt's River of Grass Coming to Blu-ray

River of Grass Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS/TRAILER
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18509

Quote:
Oscilloscope Pictures will release a brand new restoration of director Kelly Reichardt's River of Grass (1994), starring Larry Fessenden, Dick Russell, Michael Buscemi, Santo Fazio, and Sheila Korsi. The release will be available for purchase on April 26.

Official synopsis: Kelly Reichardt s darkly funny debut feature, newly restored in 2K, brought the writer/director back to the setting of her adolescence, the suburban landscape of southern Florida. Shot on 16mm, the story follows the misadventures of disaffected house-wife and mom Cozy, played by Lisa Bowman, and the aimless layabout Lee, played by up-and-comer Larry Fessenden, whose drunken flirtation one fateful night sends their lives into a tailspin.

Described by Reichardt as a road movie without the road, a love story without the love, and a crime story without the crime, River of Grass introduced viewers to a breakout director defining her signature style. Reichardt went on to direct the award-winning and critically acclaimed films Old Joy (2006), Wendy and Lucy (2008), Meek's Cutoff (2010), and Night Moves (2013).
Pro-B
Old 02-27-2016, 04:03 AM   #48

Mar 2009
Wilmington, OH

If anyone is interested, Oscilloscope is running a promotion on their website this weekend. If you use the code EmbracetheDiscount, you can get 50% off of everything, except preorders.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

I missed that river of grass news. Actually really upset since Kickstarter backers have not even gotten our copies yet.

So much for their "fall 2015" release estimate.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #50

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Extremely lame they didn't put Coherence on blu-ray.

Agreed. Frustrating that I had to purchase the digital version in order to have it in HD.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #51
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Ma ma Blu-ray PRE-ORDER

NEWS/TRAILER
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19265

Quote:
U.S. label Oscilloscope Laboratories will bring to Blu-ray acclaimed Spanish dierctor Julio Medem's (Sex and Lucía, Room in Rome) latest film, Ma ma (2015), starring Penélope Cruz, Luis Tosar, Asier Etxeandia, and Teo Planell. The release will be available for purchase on September 20.

Ma ma was nominated for three Goya Awards (the Spanish Oscars), including Best Actress in a Leading Role (Penélope Cruz) and Best Original Score (Alberto Iglesias).

Synopsis: Academy Award-winning actress and producer Penélope Cruz delivers an extraordinarily emotional performance in ma ma, the newest film from acclaimed director Julio Medem. Honoring the high melodrama of Pedro Almodóvar and Douglas Sirk, ma ma follows Magda (Cruz) as she experiences tragedies and miracles alike. Just as Magda is diagnosed with breast cancer, she meets Arturo (Luis Tosar), a devoted husband and father in the midst of unspeakable loss. Their chance encounter leads both down a path of strength, grace, love, and rebirth.
Thanks given by:
Donimo (06-20-2016)
Old 01-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #52
Special Member

Sep 2009
Salty City, UT

Did they discontinue releasing their titles in special digi-book format? An order that I placed with Amazon just arrived and Embrace of the Serpent and River Of Grass are just standard blu-ray cases.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #53

Apr 2010

I think for River of Grass you had to order from their site to get the digipak
Old 01-16-2017, 11:01 PM   #54
Power Member

Dec 2016
Gentrification Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
Agreed. Frustrating that I had to purchase the digital version in order to have it in HD.
I wonder how much of a difference it is to press blus as opposed to dvds.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #55

Mar 2009
Wilmington, OH

I purchased River of Grass, Ma Ma, and Embrace of the Serpent from their site directly. Only River of Grass came in the digipak. The other 2 are in lousy regular BD cases. I am unhappy about this because they stick out like sore thumbs compared to all my other O-Scope bds on the shelf. I was going to write to them about it, but why bother.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
California

I ordered Wuthering Heights, Rivers of Grass, and Meek's Cutoff Blu-Rays direct from them, and they were all in digipacks, the river of grass one was ripped, but I tapped it.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

My last release from them, The Fits, was a digipack. They seem to do a small first run of them, then do normal cases.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:24 AM   #58

Mar 2009
Wilmington, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
My last release from them, The Fits, was a digipack. They seem to do a small first run of them, then do normal cases.
I don't know - when I ordered Ma Ma a while back, it was a brand new release. The others I have ordered well after release have all been digipaks. I think they are probably cutting budgetary corners. I would rather pay a little more and keep the digis consistent.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #59
Special Member

Sep 2009
Salty City, UT

O-Scope is sending me digibook replacements for Embrace of the Serpent and River of Grass.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #60

Mar 2009
Wilmington, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by trombone dixie View Post
O-Scope is sending me digibook replacements for Embrace of the Serpent and River of Grass.
Hey Trombone,

Did you ever receive your digibook or hear back from them?

I never received anything and I can't get a response from them. Ugh! Normally they are on top of things.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
adam yauch, arthouse, foreign film, oscilloscope laboratories