Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
23 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$38.49

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
17 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (Blu-ray)
$22.99
9 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Trek: Discovery - Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
23 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Thanks, so can you explain what the printer's goof that others were talking about? The Zircher variant is supposed to be the 1:50 variant, but someone here had mention there was a mistake at the printers?

I really need to put on eBay the old Valiants I have, including an almost complete set of X-O, and also Archer and Armstrong and Bloodshot and possibly Harbinger. I know the older issues of the series, especially X-O were very hard to find due to low print runs from Acclaim.
Its just a theory really, shops that were supposed to be getting the CD variant got the 1:50 variant instead.

Harbinger always seemed to me to be the hardest ones to find prior to Unity. XO was easy to find just high prices
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #22

Aug 2012
NJ

I've got a short box loaded with Valiants, really loved that line! My favorites were Magnus and Rai, which morphed into that Rai and the Future Force.

But I've got so many key books from every series; from Solar, Shadowman, Harbinger...

Some of the new stuff looks interesting, especially the new Bloodshot. I'll likely grab some off ebay at some point.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #23

Oct 2007
Miami, Florida

I am digging all the new Valiant book. The only one that took a little while to warm up to was Bloodshot, but the rest I've loved since the first issue.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #24

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
I am digging all the new Valiant book. The only one that took a little while to warm up to was Bloodshot, but the rest I've loved since the first issue.
I hear ya it's the only book that I don't LOVE all the books so far are so high quality

-Brian
Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #25

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

That sucks (about Bloodshot not being up to pare) considering that's the first Valiant character planned to get a movie.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #26

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bizarro View Post
That sucks (about Bloodshot not being up to pare) considering that's the first Valiant character planned to get a movie.
Not that it's bad because it's not... I'm just enjoying the other three more.

Harbinger was actually announced before Bloodshot WAY before but it's also the property that has been silent about development the longest.

-Brian
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #27

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsip View Post
Not that it's bad because it's not... I'm just enjoying the other three more.

Harbinger was actually announced before Bloodshot WAY before but it's also the property that has been silent about development the longest.

-Brian
Thought Harbinger was dead years ago. Either way, it would be nice to see something from the Valiant universe happen.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #28

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Quote:
Thought Harbinger was dead years ago. Either way, it would be nice to see something from the Valiant universe happen.
I asked the VEI owner this very question at SDCC and was told it wasn't dead. I'm not sure Brett Ratner will be involved like it was originally thought... I expected this anyways, I hope he is FAR away from this movie.

-Brian
Old 10-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #29

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsip View Post
I asked the VEI owner this very question at SDCC and was told it wasn't dead. I'm not sure Brett Ratner will be involved like it was originally thought... I expected this anyways, I hope he is FAR away from this movie.

-Brian
It may not be dead in their eyes, but it's been 4 or 5 years since it was announced with Ratner at the helm. Again, I hope something happens. IMO, Rai would make a great prequel if they did Bloodshot.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #30

Oct 2009
Mississauga, ON

I loved the Archer and Armstrong since the first issue. That's worth a pickup if you haven't yet.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #31
Expert Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Its not that it isnt up to par, it just seems to be moving slower than the other 3
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #32

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
Its not that it isnt up to par, it just seems to be moving slower than the other 3
I don't see the point of quoting me at this point. It's clearly no ones favorite.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #33
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Anyone see this news?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...e-x-o-manowar/

Valiant Entertainment are sponsoring the USA Luge team, by getting them to dress as X-O Manowar, paying them a figure estimated (in the low six figures).
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

I wonder how many people here remember the original Valiant promotional beer that they produced? It was a special VERY limited giveaway that wasn't sold in stores, etc, but was sent to retailers as a gift, one bottle per store. They made two different types, which were actual beer with illustrated labels. One was called "Armstrong Ale" and featured Armstrong on the front of the label and the other was called "Darque Brew" named after the character Master Darque. At the time I worked in the comic industry distribution end and received a bottle of each, but many years ago I sold them, as I had no idea they would be so sought after today. Here is a good article with some photos I found on the net:

http://allthingsvaliant.blogspot.com...trong-ale.html
Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #35

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Quote:
I wonder how many people here remember the original Valiant promotional beer that they produced? It was a special VERY limited giveaway that wasn't sold in stores, etc, but was sent to retailers as a gift, one bottle per store. They made two different types, which were actual beer with illustrated labels. One was called "Armstrong Ale" and featured Armstrong on the front of the label and the other was called "Darque Brew" named after the character Master Darque. At the time I worked in the comic industry distribution end and received a bottle of each, but many years ago I sold them, as I had no idea they would be so sought after today. Here is a good article with some photos I found on the net:

I have both of them they really are VERY cool. I need to post a picture of them on this thread...

-Brian
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
Expert Member

Jul 2008

WOW, I totally forgot about those. I remember wanting those as a kid. My parents would have totally let me buy them because they were collectible.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #37

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Shadowman #1 was released today and it's Terrific...

Very Solid BOOK!!!!

-Brian
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

I used to co-own a hobby/ comic shop. When I was in the business, I enjoyed Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong, Solar, Harbinger and a few others that escape me.

What killed it for me was that Valiant Image cross over that went no where.

I must have been the only person I knew at the time that liked the comic that Valiant made out of trading cards.. I think it was called Plasm?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:

I vaguely remember seeing that in Previews or Diamond or does previews solicit for Diamond. I know there were two mags that you ordered from but then Diamond went and brought everything LOL.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #40

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
I used to co-own a hobby/ comic shop. When I was in the business, I enjoyed Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong, Solar, Harbinger and a few others that escape me.

What killed it for me was that Valiant Image cross over that went no where.

I must have been the only person I knew at the time that liked the comic that Valiant made out of trading cards.. I think it was called Plasm?
Plasm wasn't made by Valiant. Once Jim Shooter was fired from Valiant he started that company and Plasm was the first books released in that card form with binder. It also featured the original artist of Harbinger Dave Lapham.

But it wasn't published by Valiant.

-Brian
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics