Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
18 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Complete Sartana (Blu-ray)
$49.99
58 min ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.95
7 hrs ago
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 10-21-2019, 11:52 PM   #18381
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I like watching the boxing, football and cricket. In 4K!
Are you going to watch only sports on your cable subscription and stick with physical media for everything else (movies, TV shows, and video games)? Or are you going to continue to be a hypocrite?
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-22-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 11:55 PM   #18382
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Nice doesnít win trophies.
Baubles are worth injuring people for then? Seems rather cold and callous to me.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #18383
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Are you going to watch only sports on your cable subscription and stick with physical media for everything else (movies, TV shows, and video games)? Or are you going to continue to be a hypocrite?
Ooh, call on me teacher! I know the answer!
Old 10-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #18384
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Dinner time!

Then movie time. Gotta go. Try not to miss me and my delightful banter.

Looks like someone else has showed up to play with you, so you are in good company.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:59 PM   #18385
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Well itís quite hard to get video games on cable.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:00 AM   #18386
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Well itís quite hard to get video games on cable.
You didn't answer my question. I know that you buy video games digitally; are you going to give that up?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:01 AM   #18387
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Dinner time!

Then movie time. Gotta go. Try not to miss me and my delightful banter.

Looks like someone else has showed up to play with you, so you are in good company.
Missing you already.

[Show spoiler]I need to start punching straighter
Thanks given by:
Vilya (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #18388
Power Member

Sep 2006
North Carolina
Thumbs up For 3D fans:

Parasite 3-D, review here.

Quote:
Parasite invades 3D Blu-ray in a single disc release from Kino Lorber Studio Classics. Pressed onto a Region A BD-50 disc, the disc is housed in a standard sturdy Blu-ray case with reversible cover artwork. The disc loads to a static image main menu with traditional navigation options. Both the 2D and 3D presentations are on the same disc, if you're 3D ready, the 3D version loads up automatically, but if you'd like to see the film flat, you can switch to that option in the main menu.

Video Review
4.5 Stars out of 5

3-D Film Archive pulls another masterful restoration out of their bag of tricks for Parasite 3-D. Presented in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, the film was shot in 1982 using a single strip 35mm camera system that splits both the right and left eye into a single Over/Under frame.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #18389
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Parasite 3-D, review here.
Rather annoyingly region locked.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #18390
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Can you guys remember me talking about watch parties a while back and how they would disrupt the landscape? It seems Amazon are about to offer Twitch live parties of their films and tv. That’s a pretty big move. Massive news and VERY likely to take off in a big way. Not good for purists.

This is the type of thing I have discussed, huge changes to how people (especially younger people) consume movies. This will take off in a big way, it has just been waiting for the right backing.

Live watch parties are going to be a juggernaut. Amazon has the perfect platform to push sports, concerts and now tv and film.

With esports becoming so huge and Microsoft’s cloud gaming about to offer some new ways of interacting and playing (also Google Stadia) I can see a shift across the entire entertainment industry where watch parties become the norm rather than the exception. That could be film, tv, concerts, comedy, sport, you name it.
Meanwhile, foldable devices and two screen phones are about to become a thing. Perfect for.........live watch parties with one screen hosting the party complete with reactions, live feeds etc.. and the other screen for the feed.

Times are a changing. This is going to be disastrous for people like us, who just enjoy passive viewing in our HT.

There are simply too many developments at the moment for the industry NOT to be changed. This and things like interactive choose-your-own-adventure and Object Based Brodcasting are going to change everything.

Last edited by Steedeel; 10-22-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #18391
Expert Member

Apr 2017

So you think there will be movies that you can only watch via live watch parties? That's absurd.

Regardless of how popular watch parties become they will remain an option, no one is going to force them on you.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 10-22-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Thanks given by:
rui no onna (10-22-2019), Vilya (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #18392
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
So you think there will be movies that you can only watch via live watch parties? That's absurd. Regardless of how popular watch parties become they will remain an option, no one is going to force them on you.
I do, yes. Due to interactive elements, interactive overlays such as graphics, stats, etc.. and other interactive aspects, some films and tv will be made from the ground up to encourage group activity.
I even see films made with more action and more dumb elements with less dialogue and ‘so bad it’s good’ sensibilities that lend itself to group ridicule and fun moments.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #18393
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Sorry, had to take a day off to go to work and all caught up. It is funny how you keep avoiding PenguinInfinity direct questions Steedeel. How can you see the hypocrisy in others, but not in yourself?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #18394
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
I do, yes. Due to interactive elements, interactive overlays such as graphics, stats, etc.. and other interactive aspects, some films and tv will be made from the ground up to encourage group activity.
Encouraging group activity is not the same as forcing group activity. It costs nothing to offer the option to view the movie without overlays.

Quote:
I even see films made with more action and more dumb elements with less dialogue and Ďso bad itís goodí sensibilities that lend itself to group ridicule and fun moments.
Sure that may happen with some movies (or even a lot of movies) but the idea that all of the people who make movies are going to decide to do that is ridiculous. There will always be people who make "traditional" movies and people who watch them.

There are literally thousands of new movies released every year, your fears that all of them are going to become interactive or socially focused is asinine.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 06:00 PM   #18395
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Sorry, had to take a day off to go to work and all caught up. It is funny how you keep avoiding PenguinInfinity direct questions Steedeel. How can you see the hypocrisy in others, but not in yourself?
I have answered his question.

I did so directly two posts above.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #18396
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Not this one:
Since when have I had to answer all your questions? Do you answer all mine?
Old 10-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #18397
Expert Member

Apr 2017

This is the important question that you avoided:

Quote:
If you are supporting digital for any TV shows or video games while simultaneously saying that digital is going to bring disaster that makes you a huge hypocrite.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #18398
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Encouraging group activity is not the same as forcing group activity. It costs nothing to offer the option to view the movie without overlays.

Sure that may happen with some movies (or even a lot of movies) but the idea that all of the people who make movies are going to decide to do that is ridiculous. There will always be people who make "traditional" movies and people who watch them.

There are literally thousands of new movies released every year, your fears that all of them are going to become interactive or socially focused is asinine.
If people told you one of the biggest things in 2019 would be people watching others play games, would you have believed them.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:07 PM   #18399
Expert Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
If people told you one of the biggest things in 2019 would be people watching others play games, would you have believed them.
Sure, that's been big for a while. But no one has forced it on me or anyone else so it doesn't bother me.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:12 PM   #18400
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
This is the important question that you avoided:
The thing is, we are all anonymous here. I have no proof that you donít watch cable, streaming, play digital video games etc..
you could be telling us anything!

Yes, I download VR games digitally. I also buy VR games on disc when available. Itís not possible to buy all VR games on disc.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology