Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
13 hrs ago
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96
12 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
13 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
13 hrs ago
South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
13 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Downton Abbey (Blu-ray)
$22.96
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #21
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnShadow View Post
I put in an order for these three about six days ago, are those orders valid?
Abbott and Costello Rarities (Blu-ray/DVD- April release with Bonus disc of extras) $16.95
Fleischer Rarities (Blu-ray/DVD with Bonus disc) $15.95
Tower of Screaming Virgins (BDR only ;Snappy Video') $14.95

Also, the screenshots look amazing!
Yes- they're fine. I'm getting a lot of requests to extend both the pre-orders and the 'special' discs. Too busy right now finishing the orders I've got and getting new titles done; but if you missed, there may be a possibility again at some point, but not right now!

Tower is looking beautiful.. and the other 3 films planned so far are here, getting evaluated. Lots going on with Thunderbean stuff this week...
Thanks given by:
Page14 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:39 AM   #22
Expert Member

Feb 2014

So- saying that someone *increased* the requests! I'll extend the offer on the special sets of a week- until next Wedesday. We're busy dubbing!

Abbott and Costello Rarities is coming back from replication soon. It got delayed because one of the collaborators wanted a revision- so I pulled it back a few weeks back. I'm excited to get it back!
Thanks given by:
oildude (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #23
Banned

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stanchfield View Post
The resurrected Snappy Video is offering a pre-order of its first release of the swash-buckling, grindhouse/drive in classic, 'Tower of Screaming Virgins' (1968). It is a single BDR Disc, newly scanned from the best materials between two 35mm prints. It is presented it its original aspect ration (1:85). It comes in a standard Blu-ray Case. The release is in conjunction with George Unum.

This release is a limited edition, and it's hard to say if there will be more than 100 copies made. It's an experiment to see what the market may be for these types of releases. If it manages to get over 100 orders, we'll replicate it and send everyone the replicated version as well.

Screen caps will be posted soon!

It is $14.95 plus shipping

Details here!

https://swatthefly.wixsite.com/website
The idea behind this new label sounds great, and your first offering intrigues me. But I can't quite bring myself to plunk down $15 plus shipping for a BD-R. I would also encourage creating a social media presence strictly for the Snappy Video line. I think most horror/cult film blu-ray enthusiasts are unaware this release even exists. Maybe start with a FB page just for Snappy Video?
Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 AM   #24
Expert Member

Feb 2014

This is a new area for us.. so any help figuring out the best ways to market these would be great... I'm always open to suggestions!!

The digital cleanup is almost done on the title; since it isn't replicated we'll have it available soon. Pre-orders of course go out first.

Thanks All!

Steve
Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #25

Jan 2010

I really would love to buy one of these, so let me!
Old 04-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaFilms View Post
The idea behind this new label sounds great, and your first offering intrigues me. But I can't quite bring myself to plunk down $15 plus shipping for a BD-R. I
While I am no BD-R fan AT ALL, $15+S/H isn't too bad considering Sony is charging $28 for BD-R! I bought one.

Also, for ultra obscure titles like this one I can understand using a BD-R. I really hope a high quality one is used though instead of a noname brand so it doesn't rot in a year.
Thanks given by:
oildude (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #27
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaFilms View Post
But I can't quite bring myself to plunk down $15 plus shipping for a BD-R.
It's the same price as all of Steve's Thunderbean BD-Rs, so it seems reasonable to me. Film Detective want $20 for The Vampire Bat.
Thanks given by:
oildude (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #28
Expert Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
The resurrected Snappy Video is offering a pre-order of its first release of the swash-buckling, grindhouse/drive in classic, 'Tower of Screaming Virgins' (1968). It is a single BDR Disc, newly scanned from the best materials between two 35mm prints. It is presented it its original aspect ration (1:85). It comes in a standard Blu-ray Case. The release is in conjunction with George Unum.

This release is a limited edition, and it's hard to say if there will be more than 100 copies made. It's an experiment to see what the market may be for these types of releases. If it manages to get over 100 orders, we'll replicate it and send everyone the replicated version as well.

Screen caps will be posted soon!

It is $14.95 plus shipping

Details here!

https://swatthefly.wixsite.com/website

Am I reading this correctly that, if this was to get over 100 orders, a non-BDR version will be released?

And that if you order the BDR version, and a non-BDR version is release, purchasers of the BDR version will get the non-BDR version?
Old 04-29-2017, 02:14 AM   #29
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmog View Post
Am I reading this correctly that, if this was to get over 100 orders, a non-BDR version will be released?

And that if you order the BDR version, and a non-BDR version is release, purchasers of the BDR version will get the non-BDR version?
Yes.. if it's popular enough I'll replicate it. This project is now through main clean-up and I'm working on color correction. We'll send the BDR version as soon as it's done. I haven't counted orders yet, but it's currently under 100... we'll be working on figuring out best way to publicize these new titles...
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 03:01 AM   #30

Dec 2010

Sorry if I'm being dense Steve but I'm a little confused. I sent payment for Tower yesterday, but I'm not sure from the thread if you're still accepting orders. Is my preorder legit or am I too late? Also I didn't put my shipping info in the message but you get it right from PayPal right?
Old 04-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #31
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Yes- I've extended the pre-order. The cleanup is almost done on the film... so release date will be soon!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #32

Jul 2014
United States
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes.. if it's popular enough I'll replicate it. This project is now through main clean-up and I'm working on color correction. We'll send the BDR version as soon as it's done. I haven't counted orders yet, but it's currently under 100... we'll be working on figuring out best way to publicize these new titles...
A couple of suggestions on that front. I'd recommend offering it for sale on DiabolikDVD. That site serves as a sort of central hub for horror releases and is a great way to get exposure for a release (and no, I don't work for them or anything like that). Sending a review copy to places like Blu-ray.com, Rock Shock Pop and Mondo Digital would also be a good idea. And then having active dedicated Facebook page for Snappy would be good too.

Just my two cents though. I always welcome new horror labels and like to see them succeed.
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #33
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavo5000 View Post
A couple of suggestions on that front. I'd recommend offering it for sale on DiabolikDVD. That site serves as a sort of central hub for horror releases and is a great way to get exposure for a release (and no, I don't work for them or anything like that). Sending a review copy to places like Blu-ray.com, Rock Shock Pop and Mondo Digital would also be a good idea. And then having active dedicated Facebook page for Snappy would be good too.

Just my two cents though. I always welcome new horror labels and like to see them succeed.
Thanks much.. I'll follow up on all. I have sent some copies to Blu-ray of the releases, but honestly need to send more as they come out. Thunderbean had a little office space for a handful of years, but now is relegated back to the house here. We hope to expand again this year- but for now most of the folks working for me are freelancing at their houses (some with our computers for the digital restoration)
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #34

Jan 2010

Does that mean you are still taking orders for Tower Of The Screaming Virgins until Wednesday, the 3rd of May?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:12 AM   #35
Expert Member

Feb 2014

For the pre-order, yes. It's been a busy Friday and Saturday so far, with a few of the 'special' titles all coming together. The first 3 reel of 'Tower' are basically all clean dup already, and onto the last two.
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (04-30-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

I hate to be late to the party but any chance you are still taking orders for SCREAMING VIRGINS?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #37
Expert Member

Feb 2014

If you'd like to order a copy that would be fine. We didn't make it to 100 yet, so as I finish the master we'll be sending them out (as a BDR). It's looking really good...
Thanks given by:
babybreese (05-06-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 06:33 AM   #38
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Thanks given by:
NoirFan (05-06-2017), oildude (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

I assume it's too late now Steve, but for future Snappy genre releases you should consider the previously-posted suggestion of contacting Diabolik about stocking the title(s), as they would definitely help you reach a wider audience of potential customers.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #40
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
I assume it's too late now Steve, but for future Snappy genre releases you should consider the previously-posted suggestion of contacting Diabolik about stocking the title(s), as they would definitely help you reach a wider audience of potential customers.
Yes, I will. This is an experiment for us- the first one..... I do hope it does well enough to continue. We've been debating doing a few other things, including 'Explorers of the World' from 1931 as well as some classics and grind house-type titles. Explorers is here and ready to transfer... I wish I had a staff to help put some more of these things together! We have freelancers helping with some of the digital cleanup, but the operation is still quite small..
Thanks given by:
NoirFan (05-08-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors