Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Toy Story 4 (iTunes)
$12.99
11 hrs ago
The Lion King (iTunes)
$12.99
11 hrs ago
Gran Torino (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Oblivion (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Clint Eastwood 8 Film Director's Collection (iTunes)
$54.92
12 hrs ago
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
The Daniel Craig Collection (iTunes)
$29.99

Jumanji / Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (iTunes)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Lost Highway (iTunes)
$7.99
11 hrs ago
Avengers: Endgame (iTunes)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Snow White & the Huntsman (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Heat (iTunes)
$7.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Default iTunes Digital Movies Questions/Concerns Thread

Please post any questions or concerns on this thread regarding iTunes digital copies/movies. Hopefully all general questions can be answered here by a member rather than opening multiple threads.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #2

Nov 2009

When adding iTunes titles are we going to have to put HD in the title like for AIV? Because i have only been adding HD titles but the prices that have shown up today have been the price for SD.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Apr 2010

Hi, i have finally got around to opening my Cars 2 steelbook from Canada.

When i opened it up though, there was a disc for the digital copy, but no code (or there is and i cannot see it).

Inside the pack was the 5 discs and a mini booklet of Disney movies.

Was there meant to be something else?

If there was, who do i contact to obtain the code?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #4

Jun 2013

I have been told that Paramount films can be redeemed first on UV (vudu) then later used for Itunes? Is this accurate?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
When adding iTunes titles are we going to have to put HD in the title like for AIV? Because i have only been adding HD titles but the prices that have shown up today have been the price for SD.
Are you referring to adding iTunes titles to the database? If so, there are only sections for Ultraviolet (UV) and AIV. iTunes titles shouldn't be added to either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSmith007 View Post
I have been told that Paramount films can be redeemed first on UV (vudu) then later used for Itunes? Is this accurate?
Yes, you can double dip on Paramount codes. There may be some exceptions but I can't think of any. I don't believe you have to enter the codes in some kind of order (UV site then iTunes or iTunes then UV site). I don't believe the two systems (iTunes and UV) can communicate with each other (note how Disney had to create a separate redemption site to prevent double dips involving some of their recent releases).

You can double dip on some Universal codes as well. Sony and Warner codes are UV only.

Last edited by Evil; 09-27-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Are you referring to adding iTunes titles to the database? If so, there are only sections for Ultraviolet (UV) and AIV. iTunes titles shouldn't be added to either.
Yes, I am. There is an iTunes section. Its just not listed yet. It is being populated and will probably show up like UV and AIV soon.

Last edited by TheDean; 09-27-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #7
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

I'll ask it here b/c the thread I created about it -- nobody has responded. IDK, maybe nobody knows?

Is iTunes pretty much out of the Blu-ray combo pack business now? The exodus to UV or Digital HD has been swift. You could always count on Universal, Lionsgate, Fox, Paramount, & Disney to offer iTunes as an option. It looks like most of them have bolted too. I think Paramount & Disney are the only 2 studios left who offer iTunes as a choice.

Does anybody know what happened? Does iTunes want too much $$ or something? I google it, and there's just no info out there. When UV was introduced 2-3 years ago, people were pissed at WB for not including iTunes. Now nobody includes iTunes, and it seems like there's no talk about it. I'm surprised more people aren't pissed.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #8

Jan 2010
Narnia

The problem is its a win win for both the Studios and Apple

iTunes is the current marketing leading VOD channel with 50%+ market share So has lots of customers who will happily buy movies regardless of DVD/Blu-Ray/UV status.

So today if you go Buy Pacific Rim on iTunes Warner get Paid.

If You buy the Blu-Ray in two weeks Warner get Paid. You get a bundled UV version that typically people would not be buying digitally standalone.

What's the downside to Warner's? Nothing. They still offer both major digital platforms iTunes & UV but make extra money from people invested in iTunes while giving you the thing you were never going to buy the UV version.

Its game over for bundled iTunes Digital Copies I'm afraid.

Things will only get interesting again if iTunes join the UV bandwagon and you can merge ownership across both sides.

Very early on I got an AppleTV and Roku so it doesn't bother me that much. I can just flick over to the box that contains the movie I want.

Both sides work on Mobile iPhone/iPad so while not ideal it does sort of work.

One sneaky new trend is not advertising the iTunes copy exists so when they do drop it it will be less noticeable.

Last edited by ColinD; 11-11-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #9

Oct 2013

Such a shame if itunes has lost the digital copy war, too many companies jumped on the band wagon did anyone ever build a pocket blu collection this I thought was one of the best just a lack of films with the feature
Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingclothier View Post
Such a shame if itunes has lost the digital copy war, too many companies jumped on the band wagon did anyone ever build a pocket blu collection this I thought was one of the best just a lack of films with the feature
The Hollywood studios saw what happened to the music industry ceding control of the digital music market to Apple and did not want that to happen again. It was inevitable that Hollywood would ban together to create their own UltraViolet service.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #11

Oct 2013

I prefer the idea of UV working on cross platforms and the fact when bundled with a bluray you get a HD Digital copy but I still prefer the way itunes works and looks and the fact I've got 35 films in my itunes collection I'm trying to stick with it
Old 10-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #12

Sep 2013
MB, CA
Default XML Code

Does anybody know if the XML code for each movie is the same for all digital codes, or does the XML code change for each different digital code for that same movie?
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2012
-
-
-

The XML varies by title not by code. AFAIK.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsc03 View Post
Does anybody know if the XML code for each movie is the same for all digital codes, or does the XML code change for each different digital code for that same movie?
Each movie has a unique XML file, which can be redeemed with any code of that movie.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #15

Sep 2013
MB, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Each movie has a unique XML file, which can be redeemed with any code of that movie.
Thanks for the feedback Zu and Clark
Old 11-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #16

Oct 2013
Canada

I picked up a couple of digital copy codes in the trade thread for iTunes in the past week and up until today they were redeeming just fine in iTunes. Today, all of a sudden, it won't work for the couple I picked up.

I'm in Canada and this has never been a problem. I order movies from the States all the time, but now the message is 'this code can't be redeemed anywhere else but the US store.' I did update iTunes today and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

It was fine, now it's not. Three codes today and not one of 'em work. I thought maybe ONE was bogged down by DRM but all three? Unlikely.

Thoughts?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #17

Jan 2010
Narnia

just sounds like you need your iTunes account in the US and Store for the codes to work.

They do update the terms and conditions often so they may not be so lax on cross border redemptions anymore.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #18

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
I picked up a couple of digital copy codes in the trade thread for iTunes in the past week and up until today they were redeeming just fine in iTunes. Today, all of a sudden, it won't work for the couple I picked up.

I'm in Canada and this has never been a problem. I order movies from the States all the time, but now the message is 'this code can't be redeemed anywhere else but the US store.' I did update iTunes today and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

It was fine, now it's not. Three codes today and not one of 'em work. I thought maybe ONE was bogged down by DRM but all three? Unlikely.

Thoughts?
Depends on the releases. Quite a few really are US only. Which codes?
Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #19
Banned

Nov 2013
Default Help!!!!

OK, so i have what is called an iTunes work around for iTunes codes that require a disk. However when I enter codes into it, it says code redeemed then an error message then you see the move start to download into my movies. However every so often more often then not i should say not when you use the walk around it says code redeemed however no error message shows up and the movie never showed up for download but the code redeems just again no movie. hope this makes since please help
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #20

Dec 2013

So I have a bunch of Digital Copies of blurays that I redeemed in iTunes. Then I threw away the codes. And now I find out that many of the movies could have been redeemed in UV as well!

So my question is...how do I find out what codes I entered for those transactions? This is a question for someone that is probably much smarter than an Apple Genius...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes