Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Old 09-22-2018, 01:01 AM   #1

Aug 2012
NJ
Default Batman: Damned, anyone?

So in case you haven't heard, it is a new 3-issue mini written by Brian Azzarello and drawn by Lee Bermejo for their new Black Label line, which is supposedly fore mature audiences.

I had one in my bin this week, luckily....I say "luckily" because if somehow you missed out, this $6.96 cover priced book is already selling (and sold) on ebay for $50. Yup. Came out Wednesday and selling for seven times the amount just two days later.

Haven't read mine yet, but I'll get to it this weekend. It looks fantastic, isn't beholden to mainstream DCU continuity and is an over-sized book - sorta magazine-sized.

BUT...the reason for all the fervor is that, in like one panel, Bruce Wayne is nude and Bermejo actually drew his penis. lol So in a mature-readers line, there was a spot of male nudity and it seems that the comic industry lost it's mind.

No surprise there, right? I mean where else can you find such an over-reactive bunch?

But all subsequent printings of the book will be censored. So whatever is out there is it, in terms of the original book. At $7 there can't have been many, considering it is a Batman tale.

Sounds like a publicity stunt to help get some spotlight on a new line launch. But, the back peddling by DC brass to censor new printings comes off incredibly lame.

Anyone read it? Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (10-10-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 AM   #2

Jan 2011
Ceres, California

The print run on this book is about 100K a LOT so if you can sell it high I would I can't see it maintaining this high price point for that much longer (no pun intended)

-Brian
Old 09-26-2018, 03:58 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

I am gonna wait for the Trade. I just love that John Constantine is in it. Also they are drawing John like Sting again like the old school comics from the 80's
Old 09-27-2018, 02:00 AM   #4

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post
I am gonna wait for the Trade. I just love that John Constantine is in it. Also they are drawing John like Sting again like the old school comics from the 80's
That has to be the worst thing DC has done in the last decade - taking Constantine out of Vertigo. I'm a diehard fan and every series since has totally sucked with the exception of some of the original JL Dark run.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
That has to be the worst thing DC has done in the last decade - taking Constantine out of Vertigo. I'm a diehard fan and every series since has totally sucked with the exception of some of the original JL Dark run.
I agree I am only reading the original one but will check out this. Fans Agree with you as every post Vertigo Run of Constantine has been cancelled quickly
Thanks given by:
J.D. Lombardi (10-02-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics