Best 4K Blu-ray Deals



Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30
 
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
 
3:10 to Yuma 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Gods of Egypt 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.15
 
Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.10
 
Transformers: The Ultimate Five Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$41.99
 
It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 02:41 AM   #501
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Bummer

I recommend Anthem or NAD for a new receiver.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RalphoR (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 AM   #502
EManT2200 EManT2200 is online now
Expert Member
 
EManT2200's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
106
759
142
1
Send a message via Yahoo to EManT2200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
Well tried everything I could. New cable and old cable. Lots of changing of settings. Both players had audio dropouts no matter what. It must be my receiver. There's just something about that 4k audio my receiver doesn't like. So I'll be returning everything and starting saving for a 4k receiver. It wasn't a handshake issue after all - the hdmi indicator stayed lit up. It's just the audio would drop.




Ok, everyone can relax now, it looks like it is his receiver, not the X800M2. Was hoping it would turn out not to be the player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:57 AM   #503
RalphoR RalphoR is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
RalphoR's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Bummer

I recommend Anthem or NAD for a new receiver.
Love the Anthem MRX 720. It does everything well. If it's an affordable option it's a great choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:58 AM   #504
dg5150 dg5150 is offline
Senior Member
 
dg5150's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Nashville, TN
12
286
6
1
Send a message via ICQ to dg5150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Bummer

I recommend Anthem or NAD for a new receiver.
Thanks. At least once I get the receiver I can get the Sony player again. That way I can still play my dvd-a and sacd's in case i have a hard time finding one with multi analog inputs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:04 AM   #505
EManT2200 EManT2200 is online now
Expert Member
 
EManT2200's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
106
759
142
1
Send a message via Yahoo to EManT2200
Default

It is rumored that Sony has a model UBP-X850 in the works also. I may wait to see if we hear something about this in the coming weeks before jumping on the X800M2, perhaps this X850 will be a more updated and improved version of the X800.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bferr1972 (06-09-2019), sapiendut (06-05-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 03:16 AM   #506
ronboster ronboster is offline
Power Member
 
ronboster's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
Well tried everything I could. New cable and old cable. Lots of changing of settings. Both players had audio dropouts no matter what. It must be my receiver. There's just something about that 4k audio my receiver doesn't like. So I'll be returning everything and starting saving for a 4k receiver. It wasn't a handshake issue after all - the hdmi indicator stayed lit up. It's just the audio would drop.
One consideration is the receiver's calibration software. I like both ACT (anthem) and Dirac Live (my favorite) can be found in the very reasonably priced NAD 758 v3.

There are authorized NAD refurb dealers that sell the 758 v3 for less than a grand.


Another consideration for an after market fix is some of the HD Fury products help with sync issues between the source and projector. You can find used units reasonably priced or direct from HD Fury

https://www.hdfury.com/product/dr-hdmi-4k/
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:30 AM   #507
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EManT2200 View Post
It is rumored that Sony has a model UBP-X850 in the works also. I may wait to see if we hear something about this in the coming weeks before jumping on the X800M2, perhaps this X850 will be a more updated and improved version of the X800.
Is this simply a different number for another world's region?
https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/8229
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:33 AM   #508
dg5150 dg5150 is offline
Senior Member
 
dg5150's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Nashville, TN
12
286
6
1
Send a message via ICQ to dg5150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
One consideration is the receiver's calibration software. I like both ACT (anthem) and Dirac Live (my favorite) can be found in the very reasonably priced NAD 758 v3.

There are authorized NAD refurb dealers that sell the 758 v3 for less than a grand.


Another consideration for an after market fix is some of the HD Fury products help with sync issues between the source and projector. You can find used units reasonably priced or direct from HD Fury

https://www.hdfury.com/product/dr-hdmi-4k/
I see it on crutchfield. It may be simple enough for what I need. I don't need one with streaming audio and all that stuff. How is the power of the 758? I know power ratings aren't exactly 100% legit, but I like how my pioneer sounds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:45 AM   #509
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
I see it on crutchfield. It may be simple enough for what I need. I don't need one with streaming audio and all that stuff. How is the power of the 758? I know power ratings aren't exactly 100% legit, but I like how my pioneer sounds.
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...iew-test-bench

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/na...r-review.3426/
_____


https://www.soundstageaccess.com/index.php/757

Last edited by LordoftheRings; 06-05-2019 at 04:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #510
ronboster ronboster is offline
Power Member
 
ronboster's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
I see it on crutchfield. It may be simple enough for what I need. I don't need one with streaming audio and all that stuff. How is the power of the 758? I know power ratings aren't exactly 100% legit, but I like how my pioneer sounds.
I use external amps, so I've never used the internal NAD amps. What speakers would they be powering?

Ron
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:13 AM   #511
spatafore spatafore is offline
Special Member
 
spatafore's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
FL, USA
Default

is possible make this player Region-Free?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #512
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafore View Post
is possible make this player Region-Free?
Like you can with the Oppo players by simply buying a region-free kit, no.

But by buying from this place for the player yes, but the X800M2 is not listed yet.
https://www.220-electronics.com/regi...y-players.html

The X800 is ...
https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...ay-player.html
_____

All 4K BR discs are region-free.
Only standard Blu-ray is not. So you can buy a simple inexpensive region-free BR player that can also play 3D Blu-ray, do 2D>3D, upscale everything to 4K, and has tons of apps, and of course play all DVD and Blu-ray from anywhere in the world.
https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...t-wifi-3d.html

And buy the Sony X800M2 when it goes on sale on Black Friday for $199 (for your 4K HDR and Dolby Vision discs).

So two players for $369 and all your angles are covered.

Last edited by LordoftheRings; 06-06-2019 at 07:36 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #513
K1NG J0RDAN K1NG J0RDAN is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
K1NG J0RDAN's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Louisville, KY
41
268
637
81
Default

Still issue free on my end. This is such a great player.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LordoftheRings (06-08-2019), megal0maniak (06-08-2019), Scarriere (06-09-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:56 AM   #514
spatafore spatafore is offline
Special Member
 
spatafore's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
FL, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Like you can with the Oppo players by simply buying a region-free kit, no.

But by buying from this place for the player yes, but the X800M2 is not listed yet.
https://www.220-electronics.com/regi...y-players.html

The X800 is ...
https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...ay-player.html
_____

All 4K BR discs are region-free.
Only standard Blu-ray is not. So you can buy a simple inexpensive region-free BR player that can also play 3D Blu-ray, do 2D>3D, upscale everything to 4K, and has tons of apps, and of course play all DVD and Blu-ray from anywhere in the world.
https://www.220-electronics.com/sony...t-wifi-3d.html

And buy the Sony X800M2 when it goes on sale on Black Friday for $199 (for your 4K HDR and Dolby Vision discs).

So two players for $369 and all your angles are covered.
I'll wait to see if they release the M2 region free, I want buy just ONE player, I don't space to have two players etc. I prefer just one but maybe stupid question: The Picture Quality of the image from this: https://www.220-electronics.com/regi...y-players.html is inferior than the X800M2 ?
Maybe I can buy the X800M2 for region A movies and the Sony BDP-S1700 for Region B.

Last edited by spatafore; 06-10-2019 at 03:03 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:39 AM   #515
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatafore View Post
I'll wait to see if they release the M2 region free, I want buy just ONE player, I don't space to have two players etc. I prefer just one but maybe stupid question: The Picture Quality of the image from this: https://www.220-electronics.com/regi...y-players.html is inferior than the X800M2 ?
Maybe I can buy the X800M2 for region A movies and the Sony BDP-S1700 for Region B.
The Sony X800M2 is not even released yet in some countries; I'm sure it'll come later on as a Region-free player from 220 Electronics.

The picture quality of the image from the advertising page is blurred.
The picture quality of the X800 and X700 should be equal, except that the 700 supports Dolby Vision.

And yes, the X800M2 will play all 4K discs from anywhere and Blu-rays that are region A and region-free, and the BDP-S1700 region-free player will play ALL DVD and Blu-rays from ALL world regions. BUT, it does NOT support 3D. So if you are into 3D worldwide you'll end up short for some 3D BR titles. If 3D is not important to you, then it's irrelevant.

If all you want is one good region-free player, wait for that 800M2 from 220 Electronics.
But it'll be more expensive too @ the beginning.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #516
veyron veyron is online now
Active Member
 
Mar 2014
Default

Hi all.
So, I have the X700, and yes, it does sometimes freeze when playing a 4K disc.
Have any of you who have purchased the X800m2 had this experience?
Looking to buy a number two player here in Europa, and though I am leaning towards the X800m2, the Panasonic UB820 is in play also, about same price here, at times.
The freezing is only a problem with 4K discs, not BD or dvd.
Have a 75 Z9D.
Any input is most welcome :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #517
LettuceJUMP LettuceJUMP is online now
Active Member
 
Jan 2010
2
Default

I have a sony 75 x950f and upgraded my x700 to x800m2 and have had zero freezes in 10 viewings and it seems a much better build. Mind you I do zero streaming. All discs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #518
veyron veyron is online now
Active Member
 
Mar 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceJUMP View Post
I have a sony 75 x950f and upgraded my x700 to x800m2 and have had zero freezes in 10 viewings and it seems a much better build. Mind you I do zero streaming. All discs.
Thanx, same here, only discs, still keen on this player :-)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:51 PM   #519
Auditor55 Auditor55 is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceJUMP View Post
I have a sony 75 x950f and upgraded my x700 to x800m2 and have had zero freezes in 10 viewings and it seems a much better build. Mind you I do zero streaming. All discs.
How's the picture quality? This unit is being panned all over due to the lack of DV auto-detect. Very little discussion about the performance of the player compared to other UHD players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:54 AM   #520
sapiendut sapiendut is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
sapiendut's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Canada
2
3
Default

It’s because some people in this thread don’t want the 800m2 to be compared with other players.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 PM.