Best DVD Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Little House on the Prairie: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.96
1 day ago
Breaking Bad: Complete Series (DVD)
$48.96
1 day ago
The Complete Rankin/Bass Christmas Collection (DVD)
$45.76

NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Nineteenth Season (DVD)
$9.95
9 hrs ago
Hart to Hart: The Complete Series (DVD)
$37.99

Justified: The Complete Series (DVD)
$30.12

Bluey: Complete Seasons One and Two (DVD)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
A Discovery of Witches: The Complete Trilogy (DVD)
$44.99
14 hrs ago
The Orville: Season One (DVD)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
NCIS: Hawaiʻi: Season One (DVD)
$9.95
22 hrs ago
MacGyver: The Complete Series (DVD)
$29.96

The Good Witch Collection (DVD)
$16.79
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 09-24-2022, 06:11 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA
Default Aqua Teen Hunger Force The "Complete" Collection

The good news; Warner has recently release Aqua Teen Hunger Force The Complete Collection on DVD, containing EVERY season plus the first movie!

The bad news, reports are coming in that Shake Like Me is nowhere on the set (even the episode guide included doesn't mention it) hence the quotation marks in the topic title (false advertising).

I suggest everyone contact Warner regarding this matter and ask to create a replacement program for the episode included for the respected disc.

Contacts are as followed:

E-mail: whv@wb.com

Phone Number: 818-954-2451
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aqua Teen Hunger Force 20 Disc Set DVD Cover.jpg (91.9 KB, 25 views)
Thanks given by:
pleaserecycle (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 05:54 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

I donít have HBO Max to confirm it but I think that episode isnít on there. I think itís 1 of those problematic episodes because Shake looks like Blackface in that episode according to HBO Max and so you have to get the Volume 6 DVD release if you want it.
Thanks given by:
Sillydillo (09-26-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
Power Member

Jul 2020

A joke of a set from the start. To put them on 20 DVDs instead of 4ish blu-rays is just plain baffling. From a cost perspective, I feel like it's a complete waste to produce 20 discs instead of 4-5 discs. Plenty of SD content is put on Blu-ray.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:05 PM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverOcelScott View Post
A joke of a set from the start. To put them on 20 DVDs instead of 4ish blu-rays is just plain baffling. From a cost perspective, I feel like it's a complete waste to produce 20 discs instead of 4-5 discs. Plenty of SD content is put on Blu-ray.
Warner is really cautious. Between this and the Cartoon Network Complete Series Sets Warner is putting on DVD, itís really just testing the waters to see if these shows are marketable or not. If they are they can remaster them on Blu-ray.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:45 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019

I would love for a complete set of SGC2C, the last two volumes are basically vaporware.

I guess I'll just keep my DVDs, sounds like those are the best anyway.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:33 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2006

This isn’t the only thing making the set incomplete if it has the hbo max edits of the episodes then this set is even more of a pass for me.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:59 PM   #7

May 2022

Frankly it's blatantly an intentional omission given the circumstances of the episode, I sincerely doubt they'd reissue discs for this.
Good news is... You can always pick up the original volume 6 with the episode and swap the disc out or something. It is available on disc and as such remains preserved.
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (09-26-2022), pleaserecycle (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA

I got a response:

"Dear Customer,.

Thank you for your email, we will check our inventory. There are NO guarantees you will get the replacement per your request. However, if we can find a replacement. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.

Please send me your Full Name and a current Physical Address including country and phone number along with a copy of a receipt, copy of UPC CODE, format (DVD, Blu-Ray or 4K) so we can fulfill your replacement disc. Please note we only service US and Canada residents.

We appreciate your support!

Kind regards,

Warner Home Video Customer Service | Warner Bros. | WHV@wb.com"

So it's something!
Old 09-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #9

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I got a response:

"Dear Customer,.

Thank you for your email, we will check our inventory. There are NO guarantees you will get the replacement per your request. However, if we can find a replacement. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.

Please send me your Full Name and a current Physical Address including country and phone number along with a copy of a receipt, copy of UPC CODE, format (DVD, Blu-Ray or 4K) so we can fulfill your replacement disc. Please note we only service US and Canada residents.

We appreciate your support!

Kind regards,

Warner Home Video Customer Service | Warner Bros. | WHV@wb.com"

So it's something!
Sounds like a generic response for a replacement disc tbh. It's something but I wouldn't take it to mean much of anything about the omitted episode.
Thanks given by:
Blaze_Chamberlin (09-27-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 11:55 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
NY, NY

Say what you will about South Park, you can still get the banned episodes on DVD. ATHF and The Simpsons? Good luck.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:05 AM   #11

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Say what you will about South Park, you can still get the banned episodes on DVD. ATHF and The Simpsons? Good luck.
ATHF? The Simpsons?? Those are more than easy enough to get ahold of. Aqua Teen Hunger Force 6 (the volume with Shake Like Me) is still readily available brand-new, and Simpsons' third season is commonplace secondhand.

I'd argue South Park has it worse - the original version of '201' has never been officially available, let alone on disc.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:15 AM   #12

Jul 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Say what you will about South Park, you can still get the banned episodes on DVD.
Also on Blu-ray, crap quality for Super Best Friends and all.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:59 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA

So has anyone contacted Warner about doing a replacement program or any updates on that?

I don't own the set yet so I don't have any news or can't do anything about it at this time. Maybe if someone else has the set they can try?
Old 10-05-2022, 07:59 PM   #14

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
So has anyone contacted Warner about doing a replacement program or any updates on that?

I don't own the set yet so I don't have any news or can't do anything about it at this time. Maybe if someone else has the set they can try?
I find it fairly likely they wouldn't even respond. I couldn't even get a response back when asking about the Ed, Edd n Eddy set's contents, and unlike that, the ATHF omission is very clearly by choice (for the same reason the episode was removed from HBO Max)

Replacement Program: buy the volume 6 DVD, put the old disc in the new box. Easy peasy
Old 10-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #15
Expert Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillydillo View Post
Frankly it's blatantly an intentional omission given the circumstances of the episode, I sincerely doubt they'd reissue discs for this.
Good news is... You can always pick up the original volume 6 with the episode and swap the disc out or something. It is available on disc and as such remains preserved.
There won't be a replacement disc at all "because racism".

It's not on HBO either. Shake turning a black man after being bit by a radioactive black man is just too offensive I guess for all the soft and weak willed people of today's world.

I won't buy this set. I wanted to, but if they are going to censor themselves for the woke Twitter mob I don't want to do anything to financially support them.

I don't support creators that don't stand by their products and can't just make what they want to make because they are cowards and only care about appealing to everyone.

Which is ironic considering aqua teen had this in an episode.

https://www.youtube.com/supported_br...tube.com/watch
Old 10-07-2022, 04:20 PM   #16

Sep 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargus View Post

I don't think that your youtube link is working, I just go to a support screen.

And I agree on not supporting the set, but I think with enough pushback they could have a change of heart. It's not like there aren't more offensive episodes they kept, like hand banana.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:05 PM   #17
Expert Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun MacArthur View Post
I don't think that your youtube link is working, I just go to a support screen.

And I agree on not supporting the set, but I think with enough pushback they could have a change of heart. It's not like there aren't more offensive episodes they kept, like hand banana.
Huh.

Google "aqua teen hunger force standards and practices".

Basically it's a 1 min clip of the show talking about them making fun of when stuff gets censored for being offensive and ending up with products no one can relate to or enjoy.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:30 PM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Huh.

Google "aqua teen hunger force standards and practices".

Basically it's a 1 min clip of the show talking about them making fun of when stuff gets censored for being offensive and ending up with products no one can relate to or enjoy.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:15 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Oh man is this clip ironic considering one episode of the show is out right banned and the others were ripped to shreds.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:18 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2006

Quote:
There won't be a replacement disc at all "because racism".

It's not on HBO either. Shake turning a black man after being bit by a radioactive black man is just too offensive I guess for all the soft and weak willed people of today's world.

I won't buy this set. I wanted to, but if they are going to censor themselves for the woke Twitter mob I don't want to do anything to financially support them.

I don't support creators that don't stand by their products and can't just make what they want to make because they are cowards and only care about appealing to everyone.

All they would have had to have done is put a trigger warning on it and this isnít the only bit of censorship they did to the show sadly the cut scenes and lines from the show wb became super pathetic.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies