Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
13 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
11 hrs ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
21 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
22 hrs ago
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
21 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
16 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-29-2009, 04:16 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
OK this is new to me !

I am sure you can bridge them into 3 channels .

I have my UPA-7 on the front L/R using 2 channels only , am I getting the 170 watts or is it just the 125 watts per channel ?
crazy, the UPA-7 and XPA series amps are designed to direct more power to the channels in use. So in 2 channel mode the UPA-7 is rated at 170 wpc.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #42

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
crazy, the UPA-7 and XPA series amps are designed to direct more power to the channels in use. So in 2 channel mode the UPA-7 is rated at 170 wpc.
So the bridging is nothing I need to worry about because the amp is doing it already ! THANKS red_5ive for the info . That makes everything easier !
Old 05-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

hey crazy, no love for me, i posted that answer to you on #39
Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #44

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
SORRY solarrdadd I did not see you're post ! Please forgive me !!

Next Question !!!
Would it be better to Run my surrounds off the UPA-7 (after the new amp) with just 1 set of binding posts or Bi-amping them off the UPA-7 ?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:57 AM   #45
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
SORRY solarrdadd I did not see you're post ! Please forgive me !!

Next Question !!!
Would it be better to Run my surrounds off the UPA-7 (after the new amp) with just 1 set of binding posts or Bi-amping them off the UPA-7 ?
that is up to you really. I have an XPA-5 and at 250wpc all channels driven at 8ohms i've got plenty of power, for me anyway. my livingroom is not that big. and with the amp, I don't really need to crank it up. as with the amp it's about pushing quality out even at loud volumes, not just loud volumes! I have a 7.1 setup and next month will be getting the UPA-2 for my surround backs. I will also be getting the UMC-1 a/v pre-pro so, that should let you know how happy i am with Emo!

For me, if I was ever going to bi-amp, it would only be for my front 3 because almost 75 - 85% of all sound you get is from them no matter 5 or 7.1 that is also why they stress matching your front 3 channels to keep that smooth transition across them without sounding funny. so, if you have the extra juice and want to, go for it! if it sounds good then great! keep me posted crazy.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 AM   #46

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
that is up to you really. I have an XPA-5 and at 250wpc all channels driven at 8ohms i've got plenty of power, for me anyway. my livingroom is not that big. and with the amp, I don't really need to crank it up. as with the amp it's about pushing quality out even at loud volumes, not just loud volumes! I have a 7.1 setup and next month will be getting the UPA-2 for my surround backs. I will also be getting the UMC-1 a/v pre-pro so, that should let you know how happy i am with Emo!

For me, if I was ever going to bi-amp, it would only be for my front 3 because almost 75 - 85% of all sound you get is from them no matter 5 or 7.1 that is also why they stress matching your front 3 channels to keep that smooth transition across them without sounding funny. so, if you have the extra juice and want to, go for it! if it sounds good then great! keep me posted crazy.
Thanks for the input ! I was curious if the surr. would be better ran straight or bi-amped off the same amp !
NO stress here matching the front 3 channels either !!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 AM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

love that vertical center and it's matching L & R
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 AM   #48

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
love that vertical center and it's matching L & R
Thanks ~ ME TOO !!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
my apologies as well - didn't see your post!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Thanks for the input ! I was curious if the surr. would be better ran straight or bi-amped off the same amp !
NO stress here matching the front 3 channels either !!
If you're running your rear/side towers full range I think it'd be worth a try.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #51

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
If you're running your rear/side towers full range I think it'd be worth a try.
By full range do you mean bi-amped or not ! I am planing on running the UPA-7 off the surr. .
Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
By full range do you mean bi-amped or not ! I am planing on running the UPA-7 off the surr. .
I was referring to the crossover settings or if your AVR/pre-pro has a "Both" option to redirect the LFE back to the surrounds, thus sending a full range signal to the surrounds.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #53

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
NAD amplifiers are also on sale. NAD is a very reputable high-end company and has been in business for a long time.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=100848
Oh here we go, guy asks about EMO and gets NAD recommended.............
Old 05-29-2009, 07:54 AM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
Now you are acting like a child who has bought a little toy and feels that every one else should own the same.

I am very close with CrazyBlue on this forum and wanted to inform him that there is a big sale going on other amplifiers so that he should be aware of it. I did not say it is better than any other brands. I just wanted to inform him of a good deal. If I see another sale on any electronic product, I will inform the interested parties.

Who appointed you the resident expert on amplifiers? You may have bought your first amplifier yesterday. I bought my first amplifier in 1977. Currently, I own seven amplifiers and have listened to hundreds over the years at high-end audio shows and dealers. For your information, I do not own Nad amplifiers and do not recommend any particular brand over another, but as an experienced person, I like to inform people of good deals. Take a look at the Receivers, Speakers, and Subwoofers threads and see how many times people recommend other products in a particular thread.

Yes, many people consider Nad to be a higher-end company upon many years of producing excellent products. However, I did not say that the Nad amplifier is better than the Emotiva amplifier. I don't own shares of either company.

This is the response I gave to CrazyBlue:
Quote:
Unfortunately or fortunately, I am not like the other members who express definitive opinions about products that they have never used. Since I do not own either Emotiva or Nad amplifiers, I cannot comment on the difference between the two units. The only thing I can say is that Nad is a very good company and they make great products. I own a Nad CD player that I bought many years ago. It still works and sounds very good.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 05-29-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
What type of cable is required for the trigger?

Thanks
Thanks for nothing. I got the answer from the Emotiva site.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #56
Special Member

Jun 2007
Metro Detroit PSN:cdot2four

I plan on buying one of these in the future from my denon and 7.1 set up but I'm clueless as how u even hook these up? Can someone give me a explanation of how u would wire one to your receiver and speakers?? Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #57

Apr 2009

Quote:
Now you are acting like a child who has bought a little toy and feels that every one else should own the same.

I am very close with CrazyBlue on this forum and wanted to inform him that there is a big sale going on other amplifiers so that he should be aware of it. I did not say it is better than any other brands. I just wanted to inform him of a good deal. If I see another sale on any electronic product, I will inform the interested parties.

Who appointed you the resident expert on amplifiers? You may have bought your first amplifier yesterday. I bought my first amplifier in 1977. Currently, I own seven amplifiers and have listened to hundreds over the years at high-end audio shows and dealers. For your information, I do not own Nad amplifiers and do not recommend any particular brand over another, but as an experienced person, I like to inform people of good deals. Take a look at the Receivers, Speakers, and Subwoofers threads and see how many times people recommend other products in a particular thread.

Yes, many people consider Nad to be a higher-end company upon many years of producing excellent products. However, I did not say that the Nad amplifier is better than the Emotiva amplifier. I don't own shares of either company.

This is the response I gave to CrazyBlue:
I get that but why post it here and make a thread dedicated to it? Do think people are going to miss it? Come on really, someone asked what EMO amp between a couple of EMO amps and suddenly your saving the world by promoting a NAD sale........
Old 05-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #58

Sep 2008
Near middle earth

Quote:
I think what you're talking about here is common to all amps/avr's. An amp usually delivers less when more channels are running. It's why most manufacturers specs and actual bench tests don't return the same figures.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #59

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Quote:
I get that but why post it here and make a thread dedicated to it? Do think people are going to miss it? Come on really, someone asked what EMO amp between a couple of EMO amps and suddenly your saving the world by promoting a NAD sale........
This is uncalled for ! Big Daddy has never ever told me to buy something because it is better ! For the last year he has helped me build A fantastic sound system by helping me with settings ,placements , & all the things that go along with sound & sound waves within A room !
Just because he brings something up that is off topic does not give someone the right to be DISRESPECTFUL !!! All he was doing was making sure I new about it !!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Baltimore, MD

Quote:
This is uncalled for ! Big Daddy has never ever told me to buy something because it is better ! For the last year he has helped me build A fantastic sound system by helping me with settings ,placements , & all the things that go along with sound & sound waves within A room !
Just because he brings something up that is off topic does not give someone the right to be DISRESPECTFUL !!! All he was doing was making sure I new about it !!
Happy camper is new here. He'll learn the way we operate on the audio side of the forum over time (helpful, not competitive). After all, one comment directed at one interested party does not a derailment make.

On with the Emotiva talk!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems