Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
$29.99
1 hr ago
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power (Switch)
$44.99

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Switch)
$29.99
14 hrs ago
Metroid Dread (Switch)
$59.45
22 hrs ago
Disgaea 6 (Switch)
$39.99

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! (Switch)
$24.99

Resident Evil Origins Collection (Switch)
$22.99

Just Dance 2020 (Switch)
$22.00

Disney Classic Games Collection (Switch)
$29.88

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy Of The Duelist: Link Evolution (Switch)
$19.99

Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed (Switch)
$29.99

Cris Tales (Switch)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-31-2021, 11:49 PM   #10001
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
Actually now that you’ve said this, what if the “Switch Pro” turned out to be a performance enhancing dock with some new NVIDIA tech and onboard storage? I kind of feel like this was mentioned in some fashion previously, but it seems like a good solution and a great way to let the most people upgrade easily.
This is pretty much what the original concept was for the Switch. The more powerful dock was known as the “terminal” and switch was known as the “Fusion” This would have been from extremely early concept, like when the GameCube was originally going to have a 3D display which ended up becoming the 3DS.

I’m sure there is a thread for it in the Nintendo forum somewhere.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:53 PM   #10002
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

This was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Here’s a juicy rumor for you to take with a grain of salt today: Nintendo is working on a new console and handheld which will not only contain some decent specs, but will run 3DS and Wii U games. These rumored systems are called Fusion DS and Fusion Terminal.

According to a source close to Nintendo News which it has vetted as being reliable in the past, the system specs handed over contain some “questionable code names” as noted by the site.

Nintendo News states repeatedly to take all of this is an extreme rumor for now, and we agree 100%.

Still, in the off-chance this is slightly true, it’s nice to know Nintendo is working on a truly next-gen system to bring to market.

Again, it cannot be stressed enough that this is a massive rumor, but as Destructiod notes, it still makes for an interesting talking point.

Fusion DS
  • CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
  • COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
  • 2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
  • Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
  • Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
  • 2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
  • Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
  • 2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
  • Multi-Array Microphone
  • A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
  • 3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
  • NFC Reader
  • 3G Chip with GPS Location
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
  • 16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
  • Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
  • SDHC “Holographic Enhanced” Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
  • Mini USB I/O
  • 3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

Fusion Terminal
  • GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
  • CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
  • Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
  • MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
  • 802.11 b/g/n Wireless
  • Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
  • 2 USB 3.0
  • 1 Coaxial Cable Input
  • 1 CableCARD Slot
  • 4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
  • Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
  • 1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
  • Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
  • Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
  • Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/21/nint...massive-rumor/
Thanks given by:
heyadol (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 03:12 AM   #10003
Special Member

Nov 2014

Well that does sound interesting, pretty ambitious.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #10004
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
Well that does sound interesting, pretty ambitious.
But again, would Nintendo even bother patching older Switch titles to look and run better on the newer hardware? My money is on no! Knowing them, they would probably re-package and re-sell those games with no upgrade path for existing owners.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #10005
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-

I would expect the only thing you’ll realistically see from older games is hitting their target frame rates consistently and the highest end of their variable resolutions and nothing more. We’ll never get something like Xenoblade running at 1080p native

I could maybe see Breath of the Wild at 60FPS as an exception but wouldn’t count on it.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #10006

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I would expect the only thing you’ll realistically see from older games is hitting their target frame rates consistently and the highest end of their variable resolutions and nothing more. We’ll never get something like Xenoblade running at 1080p native

I could maybe see Breath of the Wild at 60FPS as an exception but wouldn’t count on it.
1080p Xenoblade would be wonderful. The resolution was one of my only complaints about XCDE.

The game I wanted an upgrade the most for (and I know I'm not alone on this) was Age of Calamity. I purposefully held off on the DLC because I thought a Pro was coming, and now I'm not sure I'll get it at all.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #10007
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
This was it.
This actually sounds like something that Iwata was behind.
There is no way that Iwata went "oh well, you know, how about we throw EVERYTHING out of the window - Miiverse - gone, backward compatibility - gone, DS/3DS/Wii U concept - gone, Virtual Console - gone, camera + microphone - gone, digital upgrades - gone, how about we just buy up a crappy Nvidia tablet and stick our logo on it and be done with it?

That never made sense to me. Sure, maybe this thing would have failed, but at least it would have been something creative, something like the DS was, the Wii was, the Wii U was, and the 3DS was, some ideas worked great and well like DS + Wii, some didn't. The Switch isn't something creative and also not something special, plus Breath of the Wild and that's the best proof for this, got downgraded on the Wii U, because the Switch couldn't do what the Wii U does. They removed all gamepad support, although they originally had it. That doesn't make sense. It shows that the NX was supposed to be 3DS + Wii U but improved, maybe even some dock that would really enhance performance with additional GPU/CPU, and a handheld just like the 3DS.

Hell, just look at the Switch security issues, that makes it clear that it was rushed. My bet is Iwata was working on something "crazy", then he died, and Nintendo suits jumped in, threw it all away and just bought something up and be done with it. 3rd parties say it's fine so it's fine. Software quality has gone down the drain as well. I remember games on Wii U were gold 6 months before release, Nintendo releases were really well tested. Now on Switch it's all rushed out the door. No quality assurance.

The Wii U ports to 3DS showed this concept clearly.
And Nintendo did a fantastic job with it. Its impressive that they managed to get games like Captain Toad running perfectly fine on the 3DS hardware.

Carts with a game on it, and this cart would have worked in both ways, pure handheld and console mode, which you could use the handheld too as a second screen. This would have made tons of sense. And well if you look at 3rd party support (indies had tons of games on Wii U + 3DS already), the Switch is not doing great in that regard. Sure, it has 10+ year old games on it like Bioshock, but almost nothing recently, except for the few cloud streaming crap that they are trying out now, which I hope will fail, because these are even worse than digital purchases. They close down the streaming servers and you got nothing left, plus of course this streaming nonsense makes the whole portable feature of the Switch pointless.

Last edited by jimidini; 08-17-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:19 AM   #10008

Jul 2020
New England

My copy of Goddam Superhero finally came in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210829_200916.jpg (91.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210829_201738.jpg (97.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-01-2021, 11:19 AM   #10009
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

i'm not a switch guy but my son has one. he keeps bugging me for Nintendo's online service so i figured someone in here would be better suited to tell me what i need to know.

i'm a playstation guy so i'm used to their playstation+ and playing online and talking to other players.

my son has been playing some wizard game that looks very similar to fortnight. he's able to play w/a couple of his buddies but has to be on his phone to talk to them.

are some games able to be played online w/friends and against other players w/o the online service?? does nintendo offer the ability to talk to friends through a headset w/their online service??

thanks for any help you guys have.
Old 09-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #10010
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
i'm not a switch guy but my son has one. he keeps bugging me for Nintendo's online service so i figured someone in here would be better suited to tell me what i need to know.

i'm a playstation guy so i'm used to their playstation+ and playing online and talking to other players.

my son has been playing some wizard game that looks very similar to fortnight. he's able to play w/a couple of his buddies but has to be on his phone to talk to them.

are some games able to be played online w/friends and against other players w/o the online service?? does nintendo offer the ability to talk to friends through a headset w/their online service??

As far as I know, you need the Nintendo App on a phone to communicate to other players for all online Nintendo gaming.

I Could be wrong.

I have the Online service & do think it is worth the $25/year Canadian price because you have instant access to great NES & SNES Classic Games. Also Gameboy/Gameboy Color Games are supposedly coming soon.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:26 PM   #10011
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
As far as I know, you need the Nintendo App on a phone to communicate to other players for all online Nintendo gaming.

I Could be wrong.

I have the Online service & do think it is worth the $25/year Canadian price because you have instant access to great NES & SNES Classic Games. Also Gameboy/Gameboy Color Games are supposedly coming soon.
he's mainly looking to have the ability to game w/his friends. and that's what throws me off. we don't have the subscription now but he's able to play that game w/them as is.

then he tried playing minecraft w/his cousin and couldn't.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:25 PM   #10012
Special Member

Nov 2014

Maybe this is old news, butt I just don't know what to make of this...

Oshiri Tantei (Butt Detective) coming to Nintendo Switch November 4th

https://www.columbia-games.com/sw/ot/
Old 09-06-2021, 07:38 AM   #10013
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
he's mainly looking to have the ability to game w/his friends. and that's what throws me off. we don't have the subscription now but he's able to play that game w/them as is.

I checked with Nintendo & they do not seem to know the answer to that question.

They do promote Minecraft with friends if signing up for their subscription service.

I don’t know what game your son is playing without the subscription but my best guess is it is Free To Play. Minecraft isn’t F2P. Fortnite is.

So again guessing here as Nintendo doesn’t know the answer,

Paid games require Nintendo Online Sub.
Free to Play Games do not.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #10014
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:

He’s probably playing f2p games, which don’t require a subscription

Derb is right
Old 09-09-2021, 10:45 PM   #10015

Aug 2013

Have they made it any easier for a person to own two Switches? I just got a really good deal on a Switch Lite and before I trade it in to GameStop or list it somewhere for trade or for sale I might keep it for my travel system. Do you have the ability to have your same Nintendo account active on both systems at one time or do you have to transfer it over every time you switch systems?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #10016
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh2298 View Post
Have they made it any easier for a person to own two Switches? I just got a really good deal on a Switch Lite and before I trade it in to GameStop or list it somewhere for trade or for sale I might keep it for my travel system. Do you have the ability to have your same Nintendo account active on both systems at one time or do you have to transfer it over every time you switch systems?

Thanks
You can use the same account on both switches, but one of them will require an internet connection every time you start a digital game. the primary system (for example the Lite in this case) can play games without authenticating with the network

as for save data, you'll need the nintendo subscription service, and you can set an auto upload/download of the data on both systems
Old 09-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #10017
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:

In regards to online you should check Reddit, as a lot of people there share spots on family accounts. I pay 6$/year for a spot.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:29 AM   #10018
Special Member

Nov 2014

Switch finally gets native Bluetooth audio support:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoA...490457088?s=20
Thanks given by:
Diesel (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #10019
Expert Member

Dec 2019

Joined the Switch family ! My first Nintendo "console" since the GameCube a couple decades ago (which has gotten plenty of use thanks to classics like SSBM). After that, I'd moved onto the 360 and remained in Xboxland ever since but I just had to try fun-looking titles like NSMBU!

I don't know when the OLED will be readily available and don't really intend to use that screen anyway (it'll be docked for 99% of the time) so it didn't really seem worth the wait/trouble. The Steam Deck seems quite nice but as noted I don't really need a portable feature and my One X (hopefully a Series X when supplies settle down) will continue to be the center of my gaming universe. And obviously the Deck doesn't solve the Nintendo first party content issue.
Thanks given by:
Diesel (09-18-2021), mep (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 09:44 PM   #10020

Jan 2017
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigop1ayer View Post
Joined the Switch family ! My first Nintendo "console" since the GameCube a couple decades ago (which has gotten plenty of use thanks to classics like SSBM).
Enjoy! Think many found their way back to Nintendo after many years of absence with the Switch. My last Nintendo Console before the Switch was the N64. And I had that one only for a very short period of time, maybe a year, before trading it in, to finance my first PlayStation.

Afterwards I had every PlayStation (currently I have a PS5 and a PS4 pro), but none of the newer Nintendo Consoles like GameCube, Wii or WiiU, because none of these could be used as media centers and I stuck to the mindset one console is enough. But I always stayed interested in core Nintendo Games like Mario or Zelda.

And as I saw the first full trailer for Super Mario Odyssey in the Summer of 2017 I just had to get one for this game alone, even if the system was still kind of underpowered and overpriced, which made it a bit hard for me to rectify. So I picked up the Super Mario Odyssey Bundle in the Fall of 2017. And never looked back…

So in retrospect I‘m very happy with my personal experience and I definitely will be picking up a potential Switch 2 day one (I even pre-ordered the OLED Model, just as a backup for my current Switch).

For me the Switch was a great buy, because I had so many great new and/or new to me titles to explore: Breath of the Wild, Pikmen 3, Splatoon 2. Even Skyward Sword was great! And everybody says, this one would be one of the lesser Zelda Games. Hope Nintendo actually starts to add N64 and Gameboy titles to their online service.

My main personal hope for the Switch wasn’t the portability; it was always the possibility to check out current and more retro Nintendo key titles in HD for the first time. And the system kind off delivered, even if there is still less content as I would wish there to be.

Last edited by mep; 09-18-2021 at 09:57 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™