Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

He Came from the Swamp: The William Grefť Collection (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Stephen King 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99
20 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog (Blu-ray)
$11.99
21 hrs ago
Pray for Death (Blu-ray)
$13.23
11 hrs ago
Horror of Dracula (Blu-ray)
$13.49

Van Helsing 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$101.63

Vigilante 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-17-2020, 09:48 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
San Fernando Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
Thanks. This movie is just bonkers and I personally find it hilarious. I mean, how can anyone take this movie seriously? Especially the scene where
[Show spoiler]the guy holds his own dick hostage at gunpoint lol.
That's kinda my take on it. I go back and forth on whether it's actually a black comedy, as the tone is still very dark, but it's definitely too outrageous to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangmacher View Post
Iím curious as to how itíll hold up as a movie. I remember at the time how Spasojevic talked about the whole movie being a political metaphor for what Serbia had become, and I donít know enough about the sociopolitical conditions of modern Serbia to not plainly take his word for it.
I've always wanted to hear a review from an actual Serbian horror fan to see if this holds any weight. If I remember correctly, the claim is not only that it's a metaphor for the sociopolitical conditions of Serbia, but a satire of Serbian cinema at the time as well. I just don't know that I buy it, and I kind of feel like it's all part of a big joke.
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (09-18-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger517 View Post
I think Irreversible and Enter the Void would sell exponentially well from a label like Arrow or Criterion. Would love to own those movies packed with extras. You just don't hear a lot from Gasper, despite him doing more interviews in his native language.

I remember watching a conversation on Youtube years ago between Nicolas Winding Refn and Gaspar Noe. They had a pretty fascinating discussion on a number of topics I enjoyed hearing.
Yup I love Noes work.
I am still waiting to hear more news about Ireversible. In UK Studio Canal own the rights and sold them to Indicator films so we should be getting a UK Blu at least of the "straight cut" and original cut.
I doubt it will be UHD but I hope its this year cos its been long due.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #43
Special Member

Jan 2016
Isle of Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangmacher View Post
I remember at the time how Spasojevic talked about the whole movie being a political metaphor for what Serbia had become, and I don’t know enough about the sociopolitical conditions of modern Serbia to not plainly take his word for it.
I believe him. As I recall, he said it was a commentary on the Bosnian genocide and the way that people would commit increasingly evil acts when sanctioned and rewarded by authorities.

In the movie, Milos gradually falls deeper and deeper into a horrific scheme because he wants the payoff, feels obligated, receives permission, can't see what's coming, can rationalize his choices, etc. There's a class dimension as well, since the scheme is orchestrated by and for elites. But as those who have seen it know, it comes to a terrible end for Milos and really costs him his humanity.

I fully appreciate this film as a creative work and am surprised when people say that it is nothing more than an example of shock cinema or of a movie being extreme for the sake of being extreme, because whether or not you like the movie, it clearly has a social conscience and a story with a moral. You might not think it succeeds or that the message compensates for how far the movie goes, but the movie has a lot more going on than just shocks.
Thanks given by:
Fangmacher (09-17-2020), Kakihara (09-18-2020), Mr. Thomsen (09-24-2020), Rockercub (09-18-2020), wicky_J (09-18-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America