Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96
 
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
 
Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79
 
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.62
 
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #61
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_earth7 View Post
I was fortunate enough to get the German release and had to sit down with Youtube and a few free programs, along with the downloaded subs from online to 'remux' a version of the disk to include native audio with subs on screen, and I have to admit - it was totally worth it. There are many sequences, but the one where Detective Dee pieces together the evidence from highlighting the floating tag with the name of an official to the map expanding into 3D and visually following through his thought process of where the criminals might strike is some 3D storytelling at its best.

This movie, along with a few others (Journey to the West 2 - especially that finale!, Hugo, etc) remind me that 3D film-making is actually an entirely different visual language that can be learned and applied to all aspects. We've progressed using surround audio to make it so immersive and these titles do the same in a visual way... there is so much more that can be done than just digital particle effects to simulate depth, and movies and directors like these are a joy to follow as they learn and share their new ways of showing their celluloid dreams.

I hope you're able to find a way to view it, especially with friends
Hi flat,

Glad it worked out. Still searching for a region A. The one I found was a defective detective.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #62
flat_earth7 flat_earth7 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2017
539
387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
The one I found was a defective detective.
O man... that is a good one

Well if you ever have to make the choice of getting the German one if you can't find the Region A, I'll be glad to help a bit on the process if you'd like... if I can remember...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #63
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_earth7 View Post
O man... that is a good one

Well if you ever have to make the choice of getting the German one if you can't find the Region A, I'll be glad to help a bit on the process if you'd like... if I can remember...
Hi flat.

Thanks for the offer "if I can remember". That has me in stitches too!
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #64
clement88 clement88 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2018
Default

no thread for the new detective dee movie (2018)? the 3D bluray is available for preorder on amazon germany
this movie was shown in 3D and 4D in europe
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:57 AM   #65
grazina31 grazina31 is offline
Active Member
 
grazina31's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
1541
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement88 View Post
no thread for the new detective dee movie (2018)? the 3D bluray is available for preorder on amazon germany
this movie was shown in 3D and 4D in europe
The blu-ray hasnít been announced yet. Found out yesterday that this one was also released with expanded Imax scenes, much like Flying swords of dragon gate. Hoping they re-release it when this one os announced.
On a positive note, Taui Hark filmed the Four Heavenly Kingdoms in expanded ratio onlu, so we should get a screen filled treat when it comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #66
clement88 clement88 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
The blu-ray hasnít been announced yet. Found out yesterday that this one was also released with expanded Imax scenes, much like Flying swords of dragon gate. Hoping they re-release it when this one os announced.
On a positive note, Taui Hark filmed the Four Heavenly Kingdoms in expanded ratio onlu, so we should get a screen filled treat when it comes out.
it was announced by koch media
unfortunately it's only german audio and subtitles in addition to the original language, it seems
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #67
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

In case anyone missed it in another thread, after searching so long and virtualy giving up all hope, a month ago finally found another region A copy of Rise of the Sea Dragon pop up on eBay. I was like a child on Christmas (okay, Chanukah ), was in total disbelief and immediately grabbed it, not caring about the $60 price tag.

This one played perfectly.

Hope it's easier finding the next one. And a little less expensive.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #68
clement88 clement88 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
In case anyone missed it in another thread, after searching so long and virtualy giving up all hope, a month ago finally found another region A copy of Rise of the Sea Dragon pop up on eBay. I was like a child on Christmas (okay, Chanukah ), was in total disbelief and immediately grabbed it, not caring about the $60 price tag.

This one played perfectly.

Hope it's easier finding the next one. And a little less expensive.
no english subtitles unfortunately for the next one as far as i know: https://www.amazon.de/Detective-Lege...in%3A951038031
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #69
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement88 View Post
no english subtitles unfortunately for the next one as far as i know: https://www.amazon.de/Detective-Lege...in%3A951038031
Hi clement,

Think that was the same for the first young detective Dee too. The Asian version was the only one with English subtitles. Region B had French subtitles.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #70
flat_earth7 flat_earth7 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2017
539
387
Default

There's still some time to hope for a Hong Kong release with English subs. Considering how awesome the last one was in 3D, am very tempted to pick it up regardless
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (09-13-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 AM.