Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Avatar: The Way of Water 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.99
 
Prison Girls 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
Paravision Dreams: The Golden Age 3-D Films of Pine and Thomas (Blu-ray)
$22.80
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
 
September Storm 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.12
 
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.64
1 day ago
The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.35
17 hrs ago
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.49
 
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.50
 
Kiss Me Kate 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.74
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #421
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
I still believe studios will drop streaming due to running energy costs and substantial subscription drops not even low cost subscriptions will prevent them from returning to physical mediums.
Really? Disney is scheduled to make $30 BILLION a year from their streaming services by next year. Disc is dying - the World Wide maket has less than $3B in sales. It's dropping at almost $1B a year.

Don't quit your day job. You'll starve as a fortune teller

Quote:
I wasn't saying about just 3D movies, i was saying that because they do sell 3D movies the more people happen to know them and can buy other medium formats from them outside Australia because they got exclusives and collector editions that other places don't.
They only sell $8 million a year. You really belive people are going to all of a sudden look at importing from "Down Under" discs they can walk into any Best Buy and pick up? Or get from Amazon?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #422
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post

They only sell $8 million a year. You really belive people are going to all of a sudden look at importing from "Down Under" discs they can walk into any Best Buy and pick up? Or get from Amazon?
Many a small business or franchise would love to be in the position generating $8 million in what most likely is total revenue (sales is irrelevant because it does not represent income after operating expenses). And the focus of this discussion concerns generating a small part of that profit selling 3D discs not available at any Best Buy.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-10-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 05:40 PM   #423
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

What Is Revenue?

Quote:
Revenue is the money generated from normal business operations, calculated as the average sales price times the number of units sold. It is the top line (or gross income) figure from which costs are subtracted to determine net income. Revenue is also known as sales on the income statement.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/revenue.asp
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:00 PM   #424
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
I stand corrected on the category the $8 million figure represented. Would like to know the annual net income to have a more accurate discussion on their business stability.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-10-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #425
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I stand corrected on the category the $8 million figure represented. Would like to know the annual net income to have a more accurate discussion on their business stability.
Stability is not the issue. Growth is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 02:46 AM   #426
lukas741 lukas741 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2011
Longueuil
Default

RSM...you must soon start giving us clues for the CHRISTMAS big surprise...I'm getting restless already...I've given you my list...but...PLEASE feel free to include ALPHA...I could hardly wait.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:31 AM   #427
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
141
581
37
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas741 View Post
RSM...you must soon start giving us clues for the CHRISTMAS big surprise...I'm getting restless already...I've given you my list...but...PLEASE feel free to include ALPHA...I could hardly wait.
Where is the post about this Christmas big surprise ? There is nothing on their Facebook or Instagram accounts about it, what the hell are they serving up there in Quebec ???
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-10-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 03:55 AM   #428
lukas741 lukas741 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2011
Longueuil
Default

Faith!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-10-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 07:07 AM   #429
xootoo xootoo is offline
Expert Member
 
Mar 2019
16
63
Default

What did i miss?

I'm pretty sure JW: Dominion 3D is this "Christmas surprise".

Did you not see the reveal?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 04:47 PM   #430
Jlardonio Jlardonio is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
What did i miss?

I'm pretty sure JW: Dominion 3D is this "Christmas surprise".

Did you not see the reveal?
I believe he's referring to mardi gras or easter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #431
Magnet423x10 Magnet423x10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Sep 2020
Default

Hey, when is new movies for 3d blu-ray going to be released? Like lightyear, the bad guys, jurassic World dominion, sing 2 and minions rise of gru as well? Cause 2d movies is so boring. Where’s the magic of that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:16 PM   #432
Sanfox Sanfox is offline
Active Member
 
Sanfox's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Brazil
9
5
1137
4
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet423x10 View Post
Hey, when is new movies for 3d blu-ray going to be released? Like lightyear, the bad guys, jurassic World dominion, sing 2 and minions rise of gru as well? Cause 2d movies is so boring. Whereís the magic of that?
Jurassic World Dominion it will be released in December by RSM... as for the others if it was Disney, it will hardly come out. Unfortunately!
I'm rooting for SING 2 to come.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-12-2022), RitwikKN2002 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 10:38 PM   #433
Magnet423x10 Magnet423x10 is offline
Junior Member
 
Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanfox View Post
Jurassic World Dominion it will be released in December by RSM... as for the others if it was Disney, it will hardly come out. Unfortunately!
I'm rooting for SING 2 to come.
Well Iím waiting for the both sing 2 and minions the rise of gru. But I donít know when they going to come out, itís been like months and I want to buy those movies only in 3d already. I also wish I want the angry birds movie 2 and spies in disguise should be in 3d blu ray too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:14 AM   #434
Jlardonio Jlardonio is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet423x10 View Post
Well Iím waiting for the both sing 2 and minions the rise of gru. But I donít know when they going to come out, itís been like months and I want to buy those movies only in 3d already. I also wish I want the angry birds movie 2 and spies in disguise should be in 3d blu ray too.
Yeah, we'll have to wait for that to happen if it ever happens.

For now we have to thank RSM for the ones already released and for the ones if they get released. It's up with the studios will and not RSM fault if these movies don't get a 3D edition.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dhvsfan (10-21-2022), Joe D. (10-12-2022), Mobe1969 (10-12-2022), RitwikKN2002 (10-12-2022), Sanfox (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #435
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
141
581
37
8
Default

We don't know what the demand really is for animated 3D blurays, there is quite a few members here that get excited but we can't use this to gauge, it feels like we get a lot more units sold when its live action 3D. Lets use Sing 2 as an example, it has the elements available since its on VR or tablet (not sure which now) but Universal still makes it unavailable for a Blu-ray release or maybe its not on their top priority and they just want to release what they believe will sell more units at this moment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:02 PM   #436
xootoo xootoo is offline
Expert Member
 
Mar 2019
16
63
Default

If it comes to mostly awaited 3D live action movies, i think Mission Impossible Fallout and Bumblebee are right on top of the list.

Would be fantastic to see a Mission Impossible 3D disc timed to the 2023 cinema start of the next entry of this franchise!

Last edited by xootoo; 10-12-2022 at 01:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-12-2022), RitwikKN2002 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 03:54 PM   #437
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomspacemedia View Post
Hi everyone!

Firstly, we want to thank everyone who has supported our upcoming Blu-ray 3D release of Spider-man: No Way Home - August 10th canít come soon enough, and our team is eager to get your orders out to you as soon as possible!
Message hopefully to get RSM attention.

Reports in the last 24 hrs appear to show all orders to the United States are now being blocked (Preorders and Current Stock). Once you get to the checkout page there is a message

"This order canít be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

Is this expected to be a temporary website glitch or is there some issue going forward with making orders to ship to US. I tried a Canadian address without an issue so this appears to be US only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #438
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Message hopefully to get RSM attention.

Reports in the last 24 hrs appear to show all orders to the United States are now being blocked (Preorders and Current Stock). Once you get to the checkout page there is a message

"This order canít be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

Is this expected to be a temporary website glitch or is there some issue going forward with making orders to ship to US. I tried a Canadian address without an issue so this appears to be US only.
Hi hariseldon

Am sure it must be a glitch. They depend so much on us for these discs.

Fortunately does not seem to affect prior pre-orders since would have received an email notice.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Emoto (10-26-2022), Jlardonio (10-27-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #439
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi hariseldon

Am sure it must be a glitch. They depend so much on us for these discs.

Fortunately does not seem to affect prior pre-orders since would have received an email notice.
I'm sure it's a glitch, but was just hoping RSM would be notified if I quoted them in a post. maybe they don't even know yet, maybe there is actually something going on with US imports suddenly since this is now a second retailer now with the same issue.

Not a huge deal since the next item is still over a month away, but just odd convergence.


They depend so much on us for these discs.

Do you think they really do? Say (absolutely wild no facts needed guess for illustration only) they've sold 5000 discs to the US this year, how would that hurt their bottom line if those orders disappeared completely. ??? $200000 AUD (gross) -- not sure what the margins are, but does anyone think that translates to more than $10K profit. One part time employee gets cut for the year to make up. And that assumes none of those 5K disc are just transferred to Amazon sales -- less income per disc directly to RSM, but less need to pay for salary/benefits for that employee or two whose job it was to handle the order.

I'm still guessing 95+% of their business is inside AUS distributing product and direct sales vs their international sales directly or indirectly.
Just randomly checking addresses -- CA, UK and France seem to be eligible though not sure is those orders would go through, but at least it allows me to the Payment Page. I didn't think for No Way Home that the EU was eligible (or was that UK -- these retailers are all getting jumbled as to who ships where now)?

I really have little real idea how big a company RSM is. The only numbers I could find was one website that estimated their Revenue at a bit under $10M (not sure if that was 2020-2021 since the site wasn't overly clear)

Last edited by hariseldon; 10-26-2022 at 06:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:54 PM   #440
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I'm sure it's a glitch, but was just hoping RSM would be notified if I quoted them in a post. maybe they don't even know yet, maybe there is actually something going on with US imports suddenly since this is now a second retailer now with the same issue.

Not a huge deal since the next item is still over a month away, but just odd convergence.


They depend so much on us for these discs.

Do you think they really do? Say (absolutely wild no facts needed guess for illustration only) they've sold 5000 discs to the US this year, how would that hurt their bottom line if those orders disappeared completely. ??? $200000 AUD (gross) -- not sure what the margins are, but does anyone think that translates to more than $10K profit. One part time employee gets cut for the year to make up. And that assumes none of those 5K disc are just transferred to Amazon sales -- less income per disc directly to RSM, but less need to pay for salary/benefits for that employee or two whose job it was to handle the order.

I'm still guessing 95+% of their business is inside AUS distributing product and direct sales vs their international sales directly or indirectly.
Just randomly checking addresses -- CA, UK and France seem to be eligible though not sure is those orders would go through, but at least it allows me to the Payment Page. I didn't think for No Way Home that the EU was eligible (or was that UK -- these retailers are all getting jumbled as to who ships where now)?

I really have little real idea how big a company RSM is. The only numbers I could find was one website that estimated their Revenue at a bit under $10M (not sure if that was 2020-2021 since the site wasn't overly clear)
Hi hariseldon

I was thinking in terms ofthe 3D exclusives.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (10-27-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.