Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Spectre 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
2 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
2 hrs ago
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Joker (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.08

Father of the Bride / Father of the Bride Part II (Blu-ray)
$12.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage

Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
Thumbs up Pizza Pies - Now That's Amore!

I've got pizza on the brain today. I'm not talking about these "fast food" pizza chains. Oh no. I'm talking real, not afraid of the cheese type o' pie.

Is there really anything better than a pizza-pie? I mean, it's practically the perfect food. You have all the food groups together, arranged artfully on a circular platter ready to be savored and enjoyed. Delicious and nutritious.

I appreciate and embrace all the different varieties of the pizza-pie. A thin crust every now & then can really hit the spot. However, I'm partial to the deep-dish experience. In fact, the last few years we've had a tradition of FedEx'ing some deep-dishes in from the Windy City. A culinary masterpiece if ever there was one.

This is from Giordano's in Chicago. We had this scrumptious beauty at last years Superbowl party.

This here is a spinach deep-dish from one of my local fave pizza parlors.

This was lunch on Sunday as we watched the Vikings dominate the Redskins.

Anyone else have a favorite pizza or local pizza restaurant?

Ol' Dino was right. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza-pie, that's amore.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Grandville MI

Giordano's
Love their pizza.
Went to Gino's East last year and I don't know....I liked them both.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Giordano's is definitely my favorite pizza ever. I was stuffed after 2 pieces. I haven't been to Chicago lately so I think the last time I had Giordano's was 2006.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbig31 View Post
Giordano's
Love their pizza.
Went to Gino's East last year and I don't know....I liked them both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Giordano's is definitely my favorite pizza ever. I was stuffed after 2 pieces. I haven't been to Chicago lately so I think the last time I had Giordano's was 2006.
I forgot about Gino's East Side. No question, they serve a quality pie. Been years since I've enjoyed their deep-dish goodness. I agree, Giordano's is a little bit of heaven covered in marina sauce. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Also, Lou Malnatis is a first class pie too.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

In honor of it being Friday today, I decided to order this 3-topping, succulent, beauty from a local pizza house here. Plus they have fantastic hoagies too. Not too mention, we're supposed to get 4-8" of snow tonight. If that doesn't say order a pizza for lunch, I don't know what does.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
Talking McNuggetini

May I suggest a McNuggetini to wash it down?

[Show spoiler]
Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Grandville MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
In honor of it being Friday today, I decided to order this 3-topping, succulent, beauty from a local pizza house here. Plus they have fantastic hoagies too. Not too mention, we're supposed to get 4-8" of snow tonight. If that doesn't say order a pizza for lunch, I don't know what does.

Dude.....

We have Joe's Chicago Pizza right down the street-been a while.....may have to give them some business soon.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
League City, TX

Quote:
I've got pizza on the brain today. I'm not talking about these "fast food" pizza chains. Oh no. I'm talking real, not afraid of the cheese type o' pie.

Is there really anything better than a pizza-pie? I mean, it's practically the perfect food. You have all the food groups together, arranged artfully on a circular platter ready to be savored and enjoyed. Delicious and nutritious.

I appreciate and embrace all the different varieties of the pizza-pie. A thin crust every now & then can really hit the spot. However, I'm partial to the deep-dish experience. In fact, the last few years we've had a tradition of FedEx'ing some deep-dishes in from the Windy City. A culinary masterpiece if ever there was one.

[Show spoiler]This is from Giordano's in Chicago. We had this scrumptious beauty at last years Superbowl party.

This here is a spinach deep-dish from one of my local fave pizza parlors.

This was lunch on Sunday as we watched the Vikings dominate the Redskins.

Anyone else have a favorite pizza or local pizza restaurant?

Ol' Dino was right. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza-pie, that's amore.

How do you get them to Fedex a pizza? Is it cooked, or do you cook it? And most importantly, do the ship to Texas???

edit: looked them up online, got my answers! Does it come out of your oven pretty good?

Last edited by goresnet; 01-09-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: research!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goresnet View Post
[/SPOILER]

How do you get them to Fedex a pizza? Is it cooked, or do you cook it? And most importantly, do the ship to Texas???

edit: looked them up online, got my answers! Does it come out of your oven pretty good?
If you can't get to Chicago, I highly recommend FedExing a pie or two in. Of course there's no substitute for be served a piping hot pizza in the restaurant. But this is the next best thing. They come securely packed in a styrofoam cooler in dry-ice. Then placed in a cardboard box for shipping. Let the pie thaw before cooking or keep in the freezer until you're ready. Let me know if you go ahead and order some. More than likely we will order a couple Giordano's for the Superbowl. Ya got me craving one now.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #10

Jan 2008
Juuuuuuuust A Bit Outside....

Quote:
If you can't get to Chicago, I highly recommend FedExing a pie or two in. Of course there's no substitute for be served a piping hot pizza in the restaurant. But this is the next best thing. They come securely packed in a styrofoam cooler in dry-ice. Then placed in a cardboard box for shipping. Let the pie thaw before cooking or keep in the freezer until you're ready. Let me know if you go ahead and order some. More than likely we will order a couple Giordano's for the Superbowl. Ya got me craving one now.
It's been awhile since I've been to Chicago unfortunately, but whenever I go, I gorge myself on Gino's East, and Giordano's.....

Last time I went, I picked up 8 frozen Gino's East pizzas (they sell them in the grocery stores) and bought two coolers (could fit four in each) covered them in ice, and drove them 6 hours back home

Wasn't even comparable to "fresh" completely different, but a great change of pace from the usual offerings around here.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Grandville MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta Man View Post
It's been awhile since I've been to Chicago unfortunately, but whenever I go, I gorge myself on Gino's East, and Giordano's.....

Last time I went, I picked up 8 frozen Gino's East pizzas (they sell them in the grocery stores) and bought two coolers (could fit four in each) covered them in ice, and drove them 6 hours back home

Wasn't even comparable to "fresh" completely different, but a great change of pace from the usual offerings around here.
I've been to both Giordano's and Gino's East. Loved them both for different reasons. Still need to try Lou Malnati's.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbig31 View Post
I've been to both Giordano's and Gino's East. Loved them both for different reasons. Still need to try Lou Malnati's.
You need to do the Lou's. Come on!

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/?a=ja...aign=imagelogo

Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
League City, TX

Quote:
I'm going to order a sausage for sometime this week. Saw it first on tv. Love the idea of an entire sausage layer, instead of just a few pieces scattered about. I'll post back when it comes, and I get to taste it! Very excited!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goresnet View Post
I'm going to order a sausage for sometime this week. Saw it first on tv. Love the idea of an entire sausage layer, instead of just a few pieces scattered about. I'll post back when it comes, and I get to taste it! Very excited!
Excellent! Looking forward to your thoughts. Take pics!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
League City, TX

Quote:
Excellent! Looking forward to your thoughts. Take pics!
Didn't get any pics, sorry! But, great pizza! Good lord, there is so much cheese on this thing! Probably an inch deep, literally, on this pizza. Need to get back to Chicago, the shipping is outrageous. Maybe a once a year thing.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
I'd love to order some pizzas from Giordano's but the delivery is way too expensive. It would be over $30 just for one pizza (in addition to the $20 pizza cost) and I'm in a state that borders Illinois. I don't blame them because it isn't cheap to ship something like that but I can't bring myself to pay that much for a pizza. If I had the freezer room I'd consider ordering around 4 pizzas because that would lower the per pizza price down to about $30 but that isn't an option for me.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I'd love to order some pizzas from Giordano's but the delivery is way too expensive. It would be over $30 just for one pizza (in addition to the $20 pizza cost) and I'm in a state that borders Illinois. I don't blame them because it isn't cheap to ship something like that but I can't bring myself to pay that much for a pizza. If I had the freezer room I'd consider ordering around 4 pizzas because that would lower the per pizza price down to about $30 but that isn't an option for me.
Yeah, shipping these pies is expensive. But for us that don't live close by, it's cheaper, albeit not as fun, as going to the windy city. I only order once a year.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 AM   #18
Banned

Feb 2011

# Orders are sent from the web site directly to our restaurant's Fax
# This powerful Online ordering system creates perfect orders transmitted directly to our restaurant
# A complete and error free order and no phone call from home or the office when everyone is busy!
# You can also order days and weeks in advance Simply "point" and "click" your way through our menu choosing your The Pizza Pieís favorites
Old 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Had a hankering for a pie today. Let me introduce the green olive, mushroom, tomato and roasted chicken (I'm all about keeping it healthy) pizza-pie.

I have to admit, the sauce was very bland. I needed to add the tabasco and Cholula hot sauces.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Grandville MI

Ain't she a beauty?

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage