Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$112.99
 
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.96
 
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Parasite 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99
14 hrs ago
Laurel & Hardy (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
American Pie Unrated 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.00
10 hrs ago
Blade: Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Total Recall (Blu-ray)
$5.43
8 hrs ago
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$4.00
21 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio > Computer Audio


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default Your PC Speaker setup!

I'd like to hear about the speakers you are using for your PC.

I finally upgraded to some dedicated active monitors after years of listening to a variety of PC Speaker steups from Logitech, H-K and Altec. The difference in sound quality has been revelatory, although a lot of that can be attributed to the dedicated soundcard I installed as well, along with good quality cables.

The speakers I bought are Behringer Truth B1030A's and I'm really pleased with them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default Pics are encouraged!

Here's a pic of my setup....

002.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
570
1
6
158
Default

Damn I now need to clean up my workspace if I'm to put up pics
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Damn I now need to clean up my workspace if I'm to put up pics
Haha! Only took me about 15 minutes...you should see it now! LOL!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
pentatonic pentatonic is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pentatonic's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Montreal, Canada
570
1
6
158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Haha! Only took me about 15 minutes...you should see it now! LOL!
. Oh well I need to get my a** in gear and take some pics of it and my HT setup, but I'm extremely bad with pics as I have a condition that calls for meds and they give me the shakes. I'll clean up and get my daughter to take the pics

Edit: John I just noticed that your monitors blend in so well with your pc monitor, down to the yellow of your woofers and Ferrari logo, very cool buddy

Last edited by pentatonic; 06-20-2012 at 11:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Almadacr Almadacr is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Almadacr's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
11
479
4
10
Default

Nice John and congrats . My first experience with studio monitors was with Genelec , but i think the KRK do a pretty go job and i was looking at the RP8G2 but now i have to wait till next year .
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Uniquely Uniquely is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Uniquely's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Mobile, AL
14
171
Default

My PC is in the same room with my HT so I just HDMI out to my HT system. I do have one remaining Harmon Kardon speaker and sub connected to my PC if I just want to watch a quick video or something though. Was a nice speaker set in it's day. My cat kept knocking one off the desk... hence only having one left now
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
Remo Remo is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Michigan
12
248
24
65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
I'd like to hear about the speakers you are using for your PC.

I finally upgraded to some dedicated active monitors after years of listening to a variety of PC Speaker steups from Logitech, H-K and Altec. The difference in sound quality has been revelatory, although a lot of that can be attributed to the dedicated soundcard I installed as well, along with good quality cables.

The speakers I bought are Behringer Truth B1030A's and I'm really pleased with them.
I love the truth line, fantastic monitors, A friend of mine has the B3030A in his basement studio. I've always thought about getting a set just to have around incase I may need them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #9
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Missouri
20
41
438
1
Default

I just use the Logitech X-530, with my computer. My real speaker set up is in the theater room with the projector.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
Vinnie the Wop Vinnie the Wop is offline
Active Member
 
Vinnie the Wop's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Boondocks, WA
488
1
92
Send a message via MSN to Vinnie the Wop
USA B

I have a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup on my desktop, the self powered subwoofer provides clean bass at adjustable levels on the speakers. The lows go very low and the highs are quite crisp, i picked mine up at an auction for about 75$ on ebay a while back once you get these youll never want another set, its also avalable in 5.1.. only draw back there is not an on or off button, i had another Yamaha 2.1 cream colored setup while ago that rattled the walls and rumbled everything but me out of the computer chair but that one REALLY pissed the neighbors off
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
quikblend quikblend is offline
Special Member
 
quikblend's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Bay Area, CA
9
2
138
158
1
71
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie the Wop View Post
I have a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup on my desktop, the self powered subwoofer provides clean bass at adjustable levels on the speakers. The lows go very low and the highs are quite crisp, i picked mine up at an auction for about 75$ on ebay a while back once you get these youll never want another set, its also avalable in 5.1.. only draw back there is not an on or off button, i had another Yamaha 2.1 cream colored setup while ago that rattled the walls and rumbled everything but me out of the computer chair but that one REALLY pissed the neighbors off
im running the same thing but the difference i have is i don't run it off the integrated audio card i have a sound blaster x-fi to help process the sound along with an equalizer to help the speakers reproduce the sound along with FLAC files and winamp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikblend View Post
im running the same thing but the difference i have is i don't run it off the integrated audio card i have a sound blaster x-fi to help process the sound along with an equalizer to help the speakers reproduce the sound along with FLAC files and winamp.
I had a Soundblaster x-fi for years, but got tired of Creative taking more than a year to upgrade driver support when I installed newer versions of Windows. So I switched to an Asus Xonar Essence STX and I couldn't be happier!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
BaerGriggs BaerGriggs is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BaerGriggs's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
36
63
469
23
3
97
Default

I've got an Asus Xonar DX soundcard outputting to an Outlaw RR2150 Amp used as a headphone amp right now through RCA interconnects. Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones currently but looking into Sennheiser HD598's.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio > Computer Audio


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07 PM.