Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon
Default Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden

Quote:
Koei Tecmo producer Keisuke Kikuchi made an appearance during the NicoNico Live Fatal Frame series stream to talk about the latest of the upcoming new game on Wii U, which was revealed as Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden [零 ~濡鴉ノ巫女~ Zero ~Nuregarasu no Miko].

The concept of the game comes from a “Japanese-style” horror, which will revolve around Japanese buildings, using cameras, and the fear of “getting wet”.

It takes place in a big mountain that has a big lake and graves. According to Kikuchi, it seems like we’ll be seeing a lot of damp areas, and quite the scary figures, like traditional Japanese ghost girls who appears completely drenched in water.

The protagonist Yuri Kozukata has an ability she’s had since childhood, where she could touch something and find the “truth” behind its history.

The Wii U GamePad will have a camera feature that shows things that you normally can’t see with your eyes, and it will also be used as some sort of weapon that can be used while facing enemies.

The story unfolds the mysterious events that occurs in this mysterious mountain. During the trailer, it showed Yuri watching a girl slit her throat, only to have her disappear… followed by a mysterious figure appear right behind Yuri.

Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Maiden will be released on September 27, 2014 in Japan.

Hopefully, this one comes to the States...

Last edited by Richie-Kun; 07-17-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

I am not holding my breath for Nintendo to localizes this... but I seriously hope that they do.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Loved the original. Never got around to the others. Can you imagine holding the gamepad like the Camera Obscura and having the ghosts appear in your view!? So many possibilities.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Another Fatal Frame that Nintendo will refuse to localize for NA.

Um... yay?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

I do give this one a better chance the IV to be localized since horror games are very popular right now in the States. Plus is give Nintendo another adult game for the western markets.

Who knows though... Game will be Japanese horror and someone high up with Nintendo will probably believe it will be too strange, or too Japanese, for the western markets.

Last edited by RaijinUT; 07-17-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Were getting the Bayonettas and Devil's Third. I wouldn't automatically assume this will get looked over. Especially if it uses the Gamepad well.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Who knows though... Game will be Japanese horror and someone high up with Nintendo will probably believe it will be too strange, or too Japanese, for the western markets.
That happens all too often; If I'm not mistaken, they thought that way about Pokemon. I'm not sure who made that call, but looking back, shows how much he knew.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:16 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I'm going to wait and see if it is announced for the US or the UK. The Fatal Frame II remake on Wii was localized and released in the UK and Australia. I'll import a Wii U from the UK if that happens again.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
Knoxville, TN

There's a petition floating around somewhere to bring this to the USA and UK.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

looks great, will be a shame if it doesnt come to other countries. every game on the wii u helps
Old 08-29-2015, 01:23 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

The only retail copy in Europe is going to be the Limited Edition which currently costs 49.99 and that's friggin way too much. I just want the standard copy and nothing else but Nintendo decided to make it an LE-exclusive.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The only retail copy in Europe is going to be the Limited Edition which currently costs 49.99 and that's friggin way too much. I just want the standard copy and nothing else but Nintendo decided to make it an LE-exclusive.
It's available in 2 online stores in Germany for 50 EUR only.
Although "Limited Edition" is not explicitly mentioned.

I'm sure amazon sites will get it sooner or later.

btw. photo of the Limited Edition:

and it's up for preorder in Australia (EB Games):
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-202893-P...-Edition-Wii-U
for 100 AUD.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #13
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
btw. photo of the Limited Edition:
I'm so jealous. I don't own a Wii-U, but I was planning on buying the game anyway to show my support for the series with the hope that it contributes to more games in the series after this one to continue being localized. Since it's Digital only in America, I can't! It's quite unfortunate...
Thanks given by:
Oniros (09-22-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
I'm so jealous. I don't own a Wii-U, but I was planning on buying the game anyway to show my support for the series with the hope that it contributes to more games in the series after this one to continue being localized. Since it's Digital only in America, I can't! It's quite unfortunate...
Why don't you just import a Wii U from Europe?

I'm from Europe, but I still imported mine from UK, because it was sold for effectively 100-110pounds (around $150) only 1 1/2 years ago.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

amazon.de has the Limited Edition now for 70EUR

http://www.amazon.de/Project-Zero-Ma.../dp/B014DSPUZ4

I don't know if they are shipping internationally because I already made my preorder somewhere else.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-Kun View Post
Same boat here. I recently bought a Wii U and was really looking forward to playing this. But not only they made it digital-only in North America, but it takes a whooping 16 GB of space! Even if I wanted to play this digitally, I would have to buy an external hard drive to fit the game. Absolute madness.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

16 GB is the size of the Japanese version. If the NA release is multi-audio, it will take up more space than that. If the NA release only has one language track (because it is a digital file) while the versions for Europe receive multi-audio, that would be even more of a kick in the pants to the NA fans.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Thought it'd be interesting to post the two Nintendo costumes that they'll feature in the game. The Zelda one looks absolutely amazing and detailed!

Old 10-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #19
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I'm torn.

I think this game is available for download right now in NA.

I have 0 options for import.

Edit, my bad the 30th

Last edited by Derb; 10-27-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 04:05 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Adding nintendo costumes to other games is a cringe at this point, but the Zero Mission outfit
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-27-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U