Best Wii U Game Deals

Best Wii U Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Skylanders: Trap Team (Wii U)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U

Old 08-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx
Default Star Fox Zero

Fox McCloud suits up for the first time in nearly a decade in this WiiU exclusive shooter.

Using a combination of the television and GamePad, Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto hopes to build a better Star Fox game. As part of Shigeru Miyamoto's brief to focus on the GamePad, this title will utilise the motion controls and physical inputs to control the ship — it's a spaceship shooter, with motion used for aiming and control sticks used for controlling speed and using moves, such as the Barrel Roll. (continued)

E3 2015 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6PE...ature=youtu.be

Landmaster and Walker footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8az5...ature=youtu.be

Official Website

Last edited by varmintx; 11-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

I played the heck outta the N64 version. Looking forward to this.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
UK

The original SNES StarFox (Starwing here in the UK!) was one of my favourite games ever when it came out, I loved it. So I was excited to hear they were doing a new StarFox game. Unfortunately for me, I think the control system for this has already put me off it, I am really not a fan of all this multiple device/screen/motion control stuff, I find it gimmicky and annoying to play. It doesn't look like an option to play with a joypad would really work even if they included one, so I am thinking 'zero' is how much I'm going to play this, sadly.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Azzurro View Post
The original SNES StarFox (Starwing here in the UK!) was one of my favourite games ever when it came out, I loved it. So I was excited to hear they were doing a new StarFox game. Unfortunately for me, I think the control system for this has already put me off it, I am really not a fan of all this multiple device/screen/motion control stuff, I find it gimmicky and annoying to play. It doesn't look like an option to play with a joypad would really work even if they included one, so I am thinking 'zero' is how much I'm going to play this, sadly.
At least gyro controls can be turned off.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._be_turned_off

Just like it's possible to turn them off in Splatoon. They work really great in that game, so I don't understand people who do that and I'm pretty sure that those people will have a hard time to beat gyro users in that game.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Azzurro View Post
The original SNES StarFox (Starwing here in the UK!) was one of my favourite games ever when it came out, I loved it.
I remember I could finish the game without getting hit a single time. I also remember the day I found the slot machine on my own. I used to play this for hours on my GXTV.

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/...n-gamers-1997/
Old 08-14-2015, 12:11 AM   #6

Jun 2011
USA

Always awesome to see another entry into the Star Fox series! The N64 game is one of my favorites. Can't wait to add another quality game to my Wii U library.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:32 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Release date is Nov. 20th.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Final box art

Old 08-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #9
Banned

Jan 2010
Minnesota

Can't wait for this. It will be good , no doubt as when Nintendo does first party titles they are always top notch ( Mario, dk, Mario kart , smash bros, etc ) seems everything they remake from their earlier systems just keeps getting better and better
Old 08-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

ambiio game again I see.
this is one title I would like see some figures for, would love a Great fox and star wing figues
Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #11

Oct 2011

Like the improvements they've made to the box art, really hoping this game turns out well.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Here is some Star Fox Zero Info. Not sure if this is actually new, or if this has been known for quite a while. According to Mike Futter (staff member on GameInformer), when he played the game, he asked some questions. And these are the answers he got...

Quote:
Are there different difficulties? No.
Is the galaxy map back with different routes? No.
Are there hidden paths through the game? No.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:42 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticDriver View Post
Here is some Star Fox Zero Info. Not sure if this is actually new, or if this has been known for quite a while. According to Mike Futter (staff member on GameInformer), when he played the game, he asked some questions. And these are the answers he got...
Why not link to the whole interview?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-his-team.aspx

Quote:
When Star Fox Zero launches this fall, players will be able to instead hone their skills by returning to completed planets with new vehicles. As we were playing the Corneria stage in an Arwing, we noticed a sealed gate off to one side. We inquired about its purpose.

"The Corneria map does have a branching path within it, but another big thing we're focused on this time is that once you clear a stage, you'll get a second mission on the same stage," Miyamoto explains. "You'll have a different set of goals."

Star Fox has also featured different paths through the galaxy. The upcoming title takes a more linear approach, using its variety of transformations as a hook to revisit completed areas.

"In terms of what you saw in Star Fox 64, with the actual map with the different planets and lots of different branches, this time it will be simpler, but more variety in terms of different missions on the same planet," Miyamoto says. "We want it to be that you can complete the course of the game in the same amount of time you would spend watching a movie, so it's a cinematic experience. While there are still some branching paths, the main thing we are focusing on is having second and third missions available for each planet."
Quote:
This also impacts difficulty, as there won't be an option to take different paths through the galaxy. There also won't be an option to tweak the game's difficulty in either direction. What you see is what you get, so it might be a good idea to practice if you're having trouble. While Nintendo wants to keep things simple, there is also a focus on bringing this type of shooter back to its roots.

"As everything around the player is getting more extravagent, the core gameplay is getting simpler," Miyamoto says. "With Star Fox, what I wanted to achieve was having players actually aim at things themselves. It was very important to me, and I'm happy to see that even beginners are able to aim at things and shoot them. The biggest thing this time is that there are no bombs this time. You have to aim."
It's old, but has lots of information. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
Why not link to the whole interview?
When I was looking at the article for Wii U Fall releases, that was where I saw that info. It didn't even cross my mind, that info was already in the Miyamoto interview.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

The game has been delayed to early 2016.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

That's okay with me. I was already pretty stuffed on games though the end of the year anyway.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Website's up, but still under construction.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
Website's up, but still under construction.
---
*Additional accessories required for multiplayer; sold separately.

Game, system and amiibo sold separately. Compatibility and functionality of amiibo may vary by game. Visit amiibo.com for specific details on how each amiibo works.

Broadband Internet access required for online features.
---

Interesting.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

April 22nd now.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
April 22nd now.
Europe didn't get an exact release date, just April 2016.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii U