Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team Dx (Switch)
$49.99
1 hr ago
Jumanji: The Video Game (Switch)
$33.88
14 hrs ago
Minecraft (Switch)
$24.99

Gigantosaurus: The Game (Switch)
$32.88
13 hrs ago
Dusk Diver (Switch)
$34.93
13 hrs ago
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Switch)
$16.62
5 hrs ago
Umihara Kawase Fresh! (Switch)
$22.59
38 min ago
Astral Chain (Switch)
$48.88

Spirit Hunter: NG (Switch)
$32.99

Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth (Switch)
$49.05
18 hrs ago
Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Switch)
$17.00

Deadly Premonition Origins (Switch)
$31.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-05-2020, 03:46 PM   #9141
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Rumor has it that we'll be receiving 2 Directs this month. One regular Direct and one for Animal Crossing.
I personally am tired of so many rumors. Hurry up Nintendo and give us some official announcements already!
Old 02-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #9142
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
I personally am tired of so many rumors. Hurry up Nintendo and give us some official announcements already!
Rumors are from a pretty reliable source

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/ninte...4-mario-kart-9
Old 02-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #9143
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
They need to show us SOMETHING! Jesus Christ! Unless you're a huge Animal Crossing fan (which I'm not), so far there is absolutely nothing coming in 2020! I'm sure that's not actually the case but come on Nintendo! Throw us a bone here!
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (02-05-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #9144
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
They need to show us SOMETHING! Jesus Christ! Unless you're a huge Animal Crossing fan (which I'm not), so far there is absolutely nothing coming in 2020! I'm sure that's not actually the case but come on Nintendo! Throw us a bone here!
Isn't another Xenoverse port coming too? You know, the one from the Wii that went to the 3DS and is now coming to the Switch.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:16 AM   #9145
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I thought the shift to one console, as the 3DS was phased out would increase the quantity of Switch games compared with past consoles. That simply hasn't been the case. No clue what's up with Nintendo these days. They should have the ability to put out more games than this.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:26 PM   #9146
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I thought the shift to one console, as the 3DS was phased out would increase the quantity of Switch games compared with past consoles. That simply hasn't been the case. No clue what's up with Nintendo these days. They should have the ability to put out more games than this.
I think that's down to two things.

1. The 3DS development teams were smaller teams making non-graphically intensive games for a handheld with a 240p screen. They simply didn't have the personnel, experience, talent etc. to just shift over to making 720p/1080p (handheld/docked) games. Nintendo said they had similar problems with Wii U development as they said it was harder than they expected to adapt to HD game development and that contributed to the long droughts between first party releases.

2. They've gotten greedier and just don't want to put out smaller scale games at $39.99 or lower like 3DS games were. See they Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake being $60, same with all the Wii U ports, Link's Awakening remake etc. So those teams also didn't have the option to just make smaller games with lesser graphics to sell for cheaper.

Also, I keep forgetting to post that I bought and really love the Flip cover Nintendo put out for the Switch Lite.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swit...s%2C190&sr=8-3

It's a bit pricier, but it solved the main thing that I disliked about the Lite vs the 3DS--having to put it in a bulky case to be able to toss it in my back without worrying about the screen. I don't need to carry around games or accessories, so it's perfect for my needs.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #9147
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I've been saying this for a solid year or two. I don't know what the deal is. I go through periods where I'll be playing my Switch non-stop and then suddenly it all dries up and everything is collecting dust. I haven't touched my Switch once in the new year. Buying a PS4 during Black Friday was the smartest thing I've done in a while. There's always an abundance of great games on the horizon and a huge backlog to last me a few years. Nintendo on the other hand... not so much.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:40 PM   #9148
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
I've been saying this for a solid year or two. I don't know what the deal is. I go through periods where I'll be playing my Switch non-stop and then suddenly it all dries up and everything is collecting dust. I haven't touched my Switch once in the new year. Buying a PS4 during Black Friday was the smartest thing I've done in a while. There's always an abundance of great games on the horizon and a huge backlog to last me a few years. Nintendo on the other hand... not so much.
I have the opposite problem. There aren’t enough PS4 exclusives that I want to play. The majority of the games that came out on PS4, that I was actually interested in playing, were multi-platform games that I decided to get on Switch for the convenience of playing on the toilet.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:44 PM   #9149
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
I go through periods where I'll be playing my Switch non-stop and then suddenly it all dries up and everything is collecting dust. I haven't touched my Switch once in the new year. Buying a PS4 during Black Friday was the smartest thing I've done in a while. There's always an abundance of great games on the horizon and a huge backlog to last me a few years. Nintendo on the other hand... not so much.
I had that realization with the N64 generation. I'd been Nintendo only for the NES and SNES growing up, and got the N64 first. I was having long droughts, then I played some PS1 games at a friends place and saved up and bought that and Nintendo has never been my main platform since (though I've always owned them as well as I love many of their games).

It's a combination of:

1. my tastes shifted away from cartoony artstyles and gameplay focused stuff (still play them, just not only/mostly these type of games) to more realistic and better tech wise graphics and narrative-driven cinematic games.

2. Nintendo gets way fewer major third party games, and rarely any exclusives, relative to the other platforms, for a variety of reasons. Weaker hardware that makes ports hard, lots of policies, high licensing fees etc. over the years that pissed off major third party publishers, having a fanbase that has a lot of people that love Nintendo-style games and not AAA third party stuff (as well as people like me who buy those games on other platforms where they look and run better) can make expensive ports risky etc.

Nintendo actually publishes a ton of games relative to Sony or MS's first party output or even most of the big AAA multiplats like Ubisoft and EA. They just don't benefit from also having all the big AAA multiplatform games coming out on their system to help keep owners busy.

So for me, there's just no way Nintendo can be my only or main platform. I mostly love Sony first party games and major, mostly western developed, AAA third party stuff. With Nintendo, I just like some of their first party games and occasionally a Japanese game or indie that's exclusive or something I prefer playing in handheld mode (i.e. retro-ish games that look crappy to me on a big TV, rpgs with a lot of grinding that's less tedious if done while watching TV in the background etc.).

So Nintendo is essentially a great complementary platform, but not great as a sole (or even main) console outside of people that are just diehard fans of almost everything they put out, as well as the Japanese games and indies, and/or don't care for most third party AAA stuff or Sony/MS exclusives. I'd never skip a Nintendo console as I don't want to miss Mario, Zelda, Metroid et al., but I'd never only own it or buy it first in a new console generation etc. as it's a secondary platform for me behind Playstation and PC (which includes Xbox games now).
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (02-07-2020), Steelmaker (02-09-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #9150
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I have the opposite problem. There aren’t enough PS4 exclusives that I want to play. The majority of the games that came out on PS4, that I was actually interested in playing, were multi-platform games that I decided to get on Switch for the convenience of playing on the toilet.
Yeah well...you're a damn weirdo and a simpleton!
Thanks given by:
dmaul1114 (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 10:12 PM   #9151

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I think that's down to two things.
Also, I keep forgetting to post that I bought and really love the Flip cover Nintendo put out for the Switch Lite.
I was looking at this, good idea but it seems pretty bulky. I wish they made a cover just for the screen, maybe something that magnetically attaches like covers for iPad.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:37 AM   #9152
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Yeah well...you're a damn weirdo and a simpleton!
Thank you kind sir, I shall wear that remark as a badge of honor.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:22 AM   #9153
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
I was looking at this, good idea but it seems pretty bulky. I wish they made a cover just for the screen, maybe something that magnetically attaches like covers for iPad.
It’s not bulky at all IMO. Just a thin, rigid fabric cover. Yeah, it covers the back too which isn’t necessarily needed, but it’s so thin and light it doesn’t matter to me. Plus there’s just no way to make that iPad type of case as there’s nothing to snap on to and it’s plastic so it can’t be magnets. Also, the case keeps the joysticks from getting smashed around when tossed in a bag which is probably a good thing given the drift issues.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (02-11-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:36 AM   #9154
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

For those that have Minecraft on Switch, can two consoles play with each other locally, or do you need Internet (and thus a NSO subscription) to play with each other?
Old 02-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #9155
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

Since most of the big franchises have received new games on the Switch by now, hopefully some of the neglected franchises will get some love in the next few years. Some that have not received new games on the Switch yet:

2D Mario
2D Metroid
2D Zelda
Advance Wars
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong Country (or a 3D Donkey Kong)
Dr. Mario
Eternal Darkness
ExciteBike (or Trucks, or Bots)
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Mario & Luigi
Mario Kart
Mario Paint
Mario Sports
Mother
NES Remix
Nintendogs
Paper Mario
Pikmin
Pilotwings
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium
Punch-Out
Sin & Punishment
Starfox
Wave Race
Wario Land
WarioWare

Last edited by Bucky; 02-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #9156
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Since most of the big franchises have received new games on the Switch by now, hopefully some of the neglected franchises will get some love in the next few years. Some that have not received new games on the Switch yet:

2D Mario
2D Metroid
2D Zelda
Advance Wars
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong Country (or a 3D Donkey Kong)
Dr. Mario
Eternal Darkness
ExciteBike (or Trucks, or Bots)
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Mario & Luigi
Mario Kart
Mario Paint
Mario Sports
Mother
NES Remix
Nintendogs
Paper Mario
Pikmin
Pilotwings
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium
Punch-Out
Sin & Punishment
Starfox
Wave Race
Wario Land
WarioWare
Link's Awakening remake is essentially a 2D Zelda, so I wouldn't expect a brand new 2D Zelda game anytime soon.

Also, the Super Mario Maker series is the spiritual successor to the Mario Paint game.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #9157
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Mother
I think Earthbound has a good chance of being added to SNES online in the next few months (It's a summer game to me). Also, the first Mother game with some quality of life improvements (Reduced encounter rate, for one).

If Nintendo wants to print money they'd re-do Earthbound with the same art style as Link's Awakening. Itoi has moved on from the series but they should be able to pull it off without him, or Iwata, for that matter.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #9158
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellOilJunior View Post
I think Earthbound has a good chance of being added to SNES online in the next few months (It's a summer game to me). Also, the first Mother game with some quality of life improvements (Reduced encounter rate, for one).

If Nintendo wants to print money they'd re-do Earthbound with the same art style as Link's Awakening. Itoi has moved on from the series but they should be able to pull it off without him, or Iwata, for that matter.
If Nintendo wants to print money they should release Mother 3 in the West. Unfortunately all pleas for a Western release have fallen on deaf ears.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #9159
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

Can't believe we're heading into March and we still haven't gotten a Direct.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #9160
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Can't believe we're heading into March and we still haven't gotten a Direct.
Before Nintendo started doing Directs, no one asked for them. So how come now every few weeks someone asks about a Direct?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™