Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Spectre 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
6 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
6 hrs ago
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

Skyfall 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
2 hrs ago
Joker (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Expert Member

Nov 2009
7800 Namsos
Norway Norwegian Films on Blu-ray

Hello. Im making this thread so that we norwegians, and other interested, can gather all the releases from Norway in one place.

So far I only know of two norwegian blu-ray releases that I would spend my money on, both are released internationally.

Død Snø/Dead Snow
A decent hit in Norway. A splatter movie with nazi-zombies, how more awesome can it become? Really a tribute to old splatter movies. The film made such impact because its something that has never been done before in Norway. Its also done very well in horror- and fantasy-festivals all over the world.

American Release
European Release

Max Manus
A huge hit in Norway. The most-seen norwegian movie ever. Over one million norwegians saw this on cinema, which is 1/4 of the population, and in Norway thats unthinkable huge.

European release (Dont know if its region-free)
Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Nice thread!

I have Død Snø on Blu-ray... even though I don't like the movie. Just so I have one Norwegian Blu-ray in my collection.

Of all the Norwegian releases Jernanger may be the only good movie, and I'll be buying that.

But I would love to see some classic Norwegian movies on Blu-ray. Søndagsengler and Is-slottet. Two of my all time favorite Norwegian movies. They don't even have proper DVD releases!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Expert Member

Nov 2009
7800 Namsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoni View Post
Nice thread!
But I would love to see some classic Norwegian movies on Blu-ray. Søndagsengler and Is-slottet. Two of my all time favorite Norwegian movies. They don't even have proper DVD releases!
I totaly agree. Elling, Sult, Orions Belte, Veiviseren, Døden er et kjærtegn are some other movies I wish they could release on Blu-Ray. They start to release all of the old movies in the DVD-series Norske Klassikere/Norwegian Classics in Blu-Ray.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by retask View Post
I totaly agree. Elling, Sult, Orions Belte, Veiviseren, Døden er et kjærtegn are some other movies I wish they could release on Blu-Ray. They start to release all of the old movies in the DVD-series Norske Klassikere/Norwegian Classics in Blu-Ray.
Yeah, what's up with that classic DVD release thing? At a time when Blu-ray should be prioritized...

Nice to see some of the old Norwegian movies released on home video for the first time, but why not release them on Blu-ray at the same time?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #5

Jan 2009

Guys, we already have a thread for this.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=19952

We don't need a separate one for Norway only.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossmeister2 View Post
Guys, we already have a thread for this.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=19952

We don't need a separate one for Norway only.
Norway always need a separate one...
Old 12-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #7

Jan 2009

the thread you linked to covers all films released in scandinavia. we want to talk about norwegian films making it to blu-ray.

I've got four of the varg veum films so far. the pictures great but there's some weird problems with the sound on the first two in the series. at one point the sound drops terribly and then goes back up again. it happens at the same place every time.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #8

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehel View Post
the thread you linked to covers all films released in scandinavia. we want to talk about norwegian films making it to blu-ray.

I've got four of the varg veum films so far. the pictures great but there's some weird problems with the sound on the first two in the series. at one point the sound drops terribly and then goes back up again. it happens at the same place every time.
Scandinavia isn't good enough for you? You need Norway alone in a special thread? Why split it up? Why clutter the boards? Collect info in one place and stop being so difficult about it.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #9

Jan 2009

Not trying to be difficult here. just pointing out that the scandinavian/nordic thread covers all blu-ray titles released here. I myself am more interested in disussing norwegian films being released on blu-ray, not foreign ones from america, uk, etc.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
A bit off...

Quote:
Scandinavia isn't good enough for you? You need Norway alone in a special thread? Why split it up? Why clutter the boards? Collect info in one place and stop being so difficult about it.
What's the big deal ross?Why not a norwegian thread when we got thread about actresses who looks good at whatever age??!!

Take a big cup of calm-down juice

Happy hollidays folks
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
Expert Member

Nov 2009
7800 Namsos

Quote:
I really dont care about danish and swedish movies being released on Blu-Ray, I actually dont give a damn.

I do see your point, and in another situation I would agree with you. But on this forum there are so many small threads being made that really just dies after two posts. I mean, there is a guy making a thread for every polish movie being released.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
A bit off...

Jeg ønsker meg 'Flåklypa grand prix' snarest på BD Noen som vet noe om den er på vei?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:19 PM   #13

Jan 2010
Norway
Default Fatso, DeUsynlige

I have two more norwegian titles (besides Max Manus and Dead Snow); Fatso and DeUsynlige. I would really like to add them to my collection on this site, but unfortunately, there's no record of them. At least not that I've found
Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Good afternoon,

Please post the info and covers here:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/report-dat...thread-52.html

...and I would help you out

Pro-B
Old 01-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #15

Apr 2008
Cambridge, UK

Kautokeino-Opprøret was a really solid release. I thought the picture and sound (DTS-HD High Resolution) were both great. And it had English subtitles so I could understand it! We bought it for 300 kr from Mix a couple of years ago, well expensive.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
England

The Others is out in Norway and it is supposed to be far superior to the Canadian release, Well it's 1080p for a start, Anyone know if there are burnt in subs on this version ?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #17

Oct 2008
Denmark

I really don't see why there cannot be a Norwegian thread and why the Scandinavian countries necessary have to go together. In principle blue.ray.com would just be even more awesome if it covered all countries in detail.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
Expert Member

Jan 2010
Norway, Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: 144
Norway

I would love to see Uro and Uno on blu-ray, two great movies.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #19

Sep 2008

I would love to see Monstertorsdag and Hawaii, Oslo on BD. Excellent films!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

We need some older ones! Like mentioned earlier; Søndagsengler [aka. The Other Side of Sunday] and Is-Slottet [aka. Ice Palace].

Søndagsengler even got an Oscar nomination!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia