Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Magic Flute (Blu-ray)
$27.37
7 hrs ago
BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
12 hrs ago
Judgment Night (Blu-ray)
$17.99
2 hrs ago
Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

First Man (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Instant Family (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Kung Fu Panda: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Blu-ray)
$19.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #41
Special Member

Feb 2014

New promo trailer:

Thanks given by:
Bobbyjoe766 (10-14-2018), George Hargensen (09-30-2018), MegaWeapon (09-27-2018), Ragnar_SK (09-27-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Just noticed the specs for this have changed from region free to region A.

Guessing this will be locked then, this is a first for VS isn't it?

Suppose a UK release is on the horizon.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:48 AM   #43
Power Member

Nov 2010
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Just noticed the specs for this have changed from region free to region A.

Guessing this will be locked then, this is a first for VS isn't it?

Suppose a UK release is on the horizon.
I just received it earlier today, and it shows the "A/B/C" region icon on the back cover.

I tested in on my multi-region player, and it plays fine when set to B or C. So I'm not sure what the deal is with the web site listing's region change.
Thanks given by:
Dickieduvet (10-23-2018), JMDiaz718 (10-25-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I just received it earlier today, and it shows the "A/B/C" region icon on the back cover.

I tested in on my multi-region player, and it plays fine when set to B or C. So I'm not sure what the deal is with the web site listing's region change.
Thanks for testing, appreciate it.

Odd, I mentioned the region code change in the VS thread and John Lyons said it was changed due to contractual obligations. I guess not then
Thanks given by:
Katatonia (10-23-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
DC Metro Area
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718

Review from Mondo Digital.....

http://mondo-digital.com/theincubus.html

I recommend you find a copy of the novel, it's sick (in a good way).
Thanks given by:
Katatonia (10-26-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 08:52 AM   #46
Special Member

Jun 2016

Received my copy yesterday morning.

A screenshot for each of the three (silent) trims (1 min 38 sec):

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
JMDiaz718 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
DC Metro Area
Send a message via AIM to JMDiaz718 Send a message via Yahoo to JMDiaz718
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyjoe766 View Post
Received my copy yesterday morning.

A screenshot for each of the three (silent) trims (1 min 38 sec):

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]

[Show spoiler]
Thanks for the pics. The quality is surprisingly good for deleted footage. Humanoids From The Deep also had some very well preserved deleted footage.

Amazon shipped mine Sunday, should have it tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
Bobbyjoe766 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #48

Feb 2013
London,England,U.K.

Got mine today... very good restoration job, considering it's not an "A" list movie. Boosted colors, filmic grain,overall a great improvement over my old DVD.
Thanks given by:
amputd (11-01-2018), JMDiaz718 (10-29-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #49

Jun 2010

wow, they filmed this in November 1980.. not released till fall 1982..
Old 11-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #50

Jul 2010
New York, U.S.A.
-
Default Re: Where does the story take place?

I skimmed through the disc. There are two spots in the movie where Wisconsin license plates are clearly visible (while other cars have the same plate colors). For example, just before the 59-minute mark, Jenny goes to her car, and the plate is clearly legible. The funny thing is that her car also sports a bumper sticker that says something like "I visited Galen but it was closed for repairs."

Once again, although the New England vibe feels strong, the past events haunting the town are only about 30 years prior which would be roughly around 1950, a TARDIS trip away from the early 1690s of the Salem witchcraft trials.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #51

Feb 2013
London,England,U.K.

I seem to remember I read somewhere online the appearances of the Incubus (great makeup fx) were originally (either on page or on film) much longer and the scenes in general a lot more graphic, but somehow that all ended up either being cut from the final script or on the cutting room floor...Shame. This movie is one of my guilty pleasures...
Old 11-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #52
Special Member

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hargensen View Post
I seem to remember I read somewhere online the appearances of the Incubus (great makeup fx) were originally (either on page or on film) much longer and the scenes in general a lot more graphic, but somehow that all ended up either being cut from the final script or on the cutting room floor...Shame. This movie is one of my guilty pleasures...
I like the creature design very much and itís a shame that little is seen of it. It wouldnít surprise me if much more demon footage was filmed.

The director is interviewed for one of the featurettes, discussing his disappointment with the creature design - wanting a less tangible demon - more like a misty, ghost-like presence instead.

[Show spoiler]In the 1976 novel by Ray Russell, the Incubusí c*ck is described as being about the same length and thickness as a manís arm - imagine trying to realise that on film without offending viewers and receiving an X-rating. For the film, the demon is nowhere near as well endowed.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:17 AM   #53
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2012
Georgia

In the small New England town of Galen, authorities are baffled by a series of murders and brutal rapes. The general consensus of the police community is that multiple people are involved in the crimes, but Sam, a medical examiner played by John Cassavetes (Rosemary's Baby), and the local sheriff, played by John Ireland (Red River), believe that one man of extraordinary strength is behind the attacks. Meanwhile, Tim, a teenage boy played by Duncan McIntosh (Murder by Phone), is experiencing vivid dreams involving occult killings, only to discover upon waking that the murders around the town are coinciding with each dream. With the help of a newspaper reporter, played by Kerrie Keane (Spasms), Sam and the sheriff are slowly swayed into believing that the deaths may be attributed to a supernatural entity, but the threat is closer than any of them can imagine.

The 1982 American-Canadian co-production, The Incubus, which was directed by John Hough (The Legend of Hell House, The Watcher in the Woods) and based on the 1976 novel of the same name by Ray Russell, combines the plot mechanics of 1980s slasher cinema with the brilliantly understated supernatural horror films of the 1970s that featured A-list actors who were fully invested in their roles. The specifics of the grisly attacks are dealt with in a disturbingly frank way, with doctors and policemen discussing explicit details of rape injuries, so this story, which could have been a ridiculous endeavor in lesser hands, is bolstered by an uncannily realistic approach. At the same time, however, some pivotal scenes are graced with sensory overload by way of several songs by the British rock band, FM, while one movie theater scene features a promo video by the iconic metal vocalist, Bruce Dickinson, and his pre-Iron Maiden band, Samson.

Cinematographer Albert J. Dunk (Class of 1984) lends an unnerving visual aesthetic to the proceedings, especially during one sequence where a wheelchair-bound woman discovers a murder. The film also draws atmosphere from several Gothic architecture buildings that are used as shooting locations. The makeup effects are top-notch. Finally, the conclusion delivers one of the most intense gut punches of 1980s horror.

I remember seeing television ads for The Incubus when it was released during my childhood, but the movie dropped off the face of the Earth after its theatrical release. Today, this blend of murder mystery and occult horror stands as an under-recognized hallmark of scary cinema from that decade.

Be on the lookout for Erin Noble (Class of 1984) as Sam's daughter. Helen Hughes (Billy Madison, Tommy Boy) is also fantastic as Tim's protective mother who tried to convince her son that there is nothing alarming about his terrifying nightmares.

This Vinegar Syndrome Blu-ray delivers a remarkable video presentation, especially considering the difficulty finding surviving elements. We are also treated to several great extras, including interviews with Hough, Keane, and Dunk, along with a fun commentary by The Hysteria Continues.

Last edited by The Great Owl; 01-14-2019 at 02:52 AM.
Thanks given by:
Bobbyjoe766 (01-14-2019), bruce holecheck (01-14-2019), Laserguy (01-14-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America