Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
23 hrs ago
One Cut of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Parasite 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
22 hrs ago
21 Bridges (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
The Deer Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
18 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Invisible Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96
 
The Color of Pomegranates (Blu-ray)
$18.99
11 hrs ago
Ghost Ship (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Trick 'r Treat (Blu-ray)
$25.58
5 hrs ago
Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray)
$21.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 08:46 PM   #23561
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Thinking about that now, kinda reminds me of of the brotherhood of man song. (1:14)

Daniel Radcliffe - Brotherhood of Man - How To Succeed In Business - 65th Annual Tonys - YouTube
I don't think I will be buying any Daniel Radcliffe CDs, but his singing didn't make my ears bleed, either.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #23562
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
737
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I don't think I will be buying any Daniel Radcliffe CDs, but his singing didn't make my ears bleed, either.
Its was the point we are all in this together.

[Show spoiler]


Another funnier version from NBC

Please note who has a cameo in it also.

Last edited by JohnAV; Today at 09:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:08 PM   #23563
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Its was the point we are all in this together.

[Show spoiler] 2012 SNL version


Another funnier version from NBC

Please note who has a cameo in it also.
Lots of cameos in that video and one that I'd rather forget.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 PM   #23564
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
737
61
233
31
2
Default

HBO Max's lack of Roku and Amazon support casts a big shadow over its launch day - BusinessInsider - 5/27/20
  • HBO Max launched on Wednesday, but isn't available for Roku and Amazon, the two biggest streaming distribution platforms with a combined 70% market share.
  • An HBO representative told Business Insider that "HBO Now will continue to exist on platforms where we don't yet have distribution deals in place."
  • Regarding Roku and Amazon, AT&T CEO John Stankey told CNBC, "We must be doing something right if somebody believes we are now starting to be more in conflict with their business."

Hmmm, no longer best of friends.


Related - HBO Max Leaves AT&T at Odds With Amazon and Roku - WallStreetReview 5/27/20

Quote:
Clashes between streaming services are becoming increasingly common, and in many ways are akin to the fights that traditional cable networks often have with cable and satellite operators. Walt Disney Co. and Amazon disagreed over terms regarding Disney+ only to reach an accord in time for that service’s launch last November.

At the center of the dispute between Amazon and WarnerMedia is that WarnerMedia wants Amazon to shuttle subscribers to the HBO Max platform as it does with Netflix Inc. and Disney+ customers. Amazon, however, wants to house the HBO Max content on Prime Videos Channels as it currently does with HBO.

Essentially, AT&T wants Amazon to serve as a toll road to HBO Max instead of providing housing for it. Such an arrangement would make it easier for AT&T to track consumption habits and other valuable data about its customers and establish a direct relationship.

The row with Roku, a connected-television platform that serves as a gateway to streaming services, is different. People familiar with the matter said Roku was still in a standstill with HBO Max over the terms of a carriage agreement.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #23565
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
HBO Max's lack of Roku and Amazon support casts a big shadow over its launch day - BusinessInsider - 5/27/20
  • HBO Max launched on Wednesday, but isn't available for Roku and Amazon, the two biggest streaming distribution platforms with a combined 70% market share.
  • An HBO representative told Business Insider that "HBO Now will continue to exist on platforms where we don't yet have distribution deals in place."
  • Regarding Roku and Amazon, AT&T CEO John Stankey told CNBC, "We must be doing something right if somebody believes we are now starting to be more in conflict with their business."

Hmmm, no longer best of friends.
I do love hearing AT&T spin their stupidity! Failing to have your new streaming service on the devices that have 70% of market share on your launch date is the opposite of "doing something right." Great marketing strategy there Mr. Stinkey; no presence on the two biggest streaming platforms, a master stroke of genius if ever there was one.

Last edited by Vilya; Today at 09:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 PM   #23566
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
737
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I do love hearing AT&T spin their stupidity! Failing to have your new streaming service on the devices that have 70% of market share on your launch date is the opposite of "doing something right." Great marketing strategy there Mr. Stinkey; no presence on the two biggest streaming platforms, a master stroke of genius if ever there was one.
How about approaching this from AT&T no longer see's Amazon Prime as a friendly competition?

They don't even want Amazon to house any of their content except the older HBO Now. Perhaps AT&T sees this a good time to strangle Amazon services?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 PM   #23567
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
32
598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
How about approaching this from AT&T no longer see Amazon Prime as a friendly competition?

They don't even want Amazon to house any of there content except the older HBO Now. Perhaps AT&T sees this a good time to strangle Amazon services?
Amazon must be nervous!

No, but seriously. This is Amazon we are talking about.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 PM   #23568
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
How about approaching this from AT&T no longer see's Amazon Prime as a friendly competition?

They don't even want Amazon to house any of their content except the older HBO Now. Perhaps AT&T sees this a good time to strangle Amazon services?
Money makes for many a strange bedfellow.

And none of this AT&T/Amazon animosity explains away AT&T's failure to have a HBO Max presence on Roku devices.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:52 PM   #23569
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
737
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Money makes for many a strange bedfellow.

And none of this AT&T/Amazon animosity explains away AT&T's failure to have a HBO Max presence on Roku devices.
As mention from WallStreetReview

Quote:
The row with Roku, a connected-television platform that serves as a gateway to streaming services, is different. People familiar with the matter said Roku was still in a standstill with HBO Max over the terms of a carriage agreement.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 PM   #23570
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
As mention from WallStreetReview
Still a marketing failure all the way around; launching a new streaming service that is absent from the two platforms that have a combined 70% market share is a blunder with a capital "B."

Also, I do not think that AT&T is in any position to hurt Amazon even if they were sworn mortal enemies.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:17 PM   #23571
JohnAV JohnAV is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
737
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Amazon must be nervous!

No, but seriously. This is Amazon we are talking about.
Yes the same ones that ticked Disney off, so that Blu-ray.com doesn't see upcoming Disney titles displayed. This is no longer access to HBO but Warner Media, with that comes like Disney the gradual retraction of Warner Media content from Amazon as with Netflix.

I mentioned that the studio owners were pulling back their content for their own services so nothing new here. We'll just watch the news and see how this fares.

Last edited by JohnAV; Today at 10:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:25 PM   #23572
Vilya Vilya is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
194
3993
3688
702
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Yes the same ones that ticked Disney off, so that Blu-ray.com doesn't see upcoming Disney titles displayed. This is no longer access to HBO but Warner Media, with that comes like Disney the gradual retraction of Warner Media content from Amazon as with Netflix.

I mentioned that the studio owners were pulling back their content for their own services so nothing new here.
Blu-ray.com most certainly reports about upcoming Disney releases; they just don't offer direct links to where you can pre-order them... as if finding a vendor for Disney pre-orders is any challenge.

I know that Onward is getting a 3D release in the U.K. on June 1st because blu-ray.com gave me that information and as Amazon.uk is not a part of the feud with Disney blu-ray.com even links me directly to Amazon.uk where I can pre-order it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Onwar...lu-ray/265470/

Disney's feud with our domestic Amazon has in no way impeded the posting of news about their upcoming releases on blu-ray.com either for domestic releases or foreign ones.

Last edited by Vilya; Today at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 PM.