Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
6 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
7 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
18 hrs ago
Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
10 hrs ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
3 hrs ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Green Lantern: Beware My Power 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 04-08-2022, 05:25 AM   #121
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Horizon: Forbidden West
Old 04-12-2022, 12:36 PM   #122

Nov 2014

Continuing Final Fantasy XIII. Got sidetracked a bit, and I was struggling to build up enthusiasm to spend time with it, but now Iím on Chapter 11, Gran Pulse, and I think it is changing my mind about the game. Iím at the Taejin Tower and have done all of the Cieth Stone missions available up to this point, except for Gigantuar (yeah, thatís just a little too much.) Itís nice to finally feel in control of things and to have a pretty nice world to explore. I donít feel like Iím being tugged around on a leash anymore. This feels engaging and satisfying in a way the first part of the game does not, to the point I could come around to accepting that all too straightforward and repetitious portion in its own way.

It could get a bump up to an 8/10 when itís all said and done.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #123

Oct 2014

About halfway through The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

I did pick up WWE 2K22, but the Xbox versions aren't yet listed on here.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:58 PM   #124

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibiyori View Post
It could get a bump up to an 8/10 when itís all said and done.
And Iím done, for now anyway - I did over 3/4 of the Cieth Stone missions and could definitely do a few more at this point but Iíll let it go for now, Iím still not into the grind the rest will entail but maybe Iíll max out the roles piecemeal over time and return to it every now and then. I only got a 4 star on the final battle which was kind of annoying - Orphan went down fairly quickly - but I know exactly what I could do to nail it (I wasnít using Rav/Rav/Rav, for instance, and I could have sped up the debuffing.)

Overall, I like it. Itís certainly lacking in many areas but I do appreciate what they were trying to do. The last three chapters are a huge improvement, offering a much more engaging and full experience. I could revisit this again in the future, I think the first ten chapters would fare better on replay knowing whatís what and having a good grasp of how the game works.

Iíd actually rank it ahead of Final Fantasy VIII at this point.
Old 04-17-2022, 04:46 AM   #125
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Started this about 3-4 weeks ago and am about 36 hours in.

Started this 2 weeks or so ago and am on the very last 4-5 levels in the game. I've 3 starred, collected the stamps, and reached the top of the flag pole on all levels thus far minus these last few... still need to try out Bowsers Fury though.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:47 AM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2017
City of Angels

About to start Uncharted 4.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:15 AM   #127

Sep 2021
Sweden

Recently finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake, about to start the DLC.

I'm also casually playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, decided to play through these games before the next installment.
Old 04-30-2022, 02:02 AM   #128
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

I only have one more episode left of Life is Strange 2. Bought it long ago while it was on a deal and finally decided to play it after I finished True Colors on Game Pass last week.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:20 PM   #129

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibiyori View Post
I could revisit this again in the future, I think the first ten chapters would fare better on replay knowing whatís what and having a good grasp of how the game works.

Iíd actually rank it ahead of Final Fantasy VIII at this point.
I felt oddly sorry that my time with FFXIII was overÖso I wound up playing the game again! Well now I just like the whole thing. I kinda like it a lot, actually, though I acknowledge it is a problem if a game takes as long as this one does to get its hooks in you - not an uncommon feeling with players of this game, even those who like it - but once it does I think itís very pleasurable to play and a very interesting attempt to streamline a JRPG down to the essentials while still offering an evocative experience. Itís also a better balanced game - while I wouldnít say itís particularly difficult outside of high level optional enemies (you probably will die more often though,) it requires a constant attention to battle conditions that most games in the series frankly donít have and cannot be broken so easily (youíd have to go way out of your way and spend far too much time to do so.)

This might be the most interesting experience Iíve ever had with a game, running the gamut from some distaste to indifference to admiration to genuine enjoyment. I ordered both of the sequels, which was absolutely unthinkable back in March.

It definitely is better than Final Fantasy VIII.

Iíve got the Kingdom Hearts collection coming soon, might play that next. Never tried the series before (wanted to get the PS2 version of the original just as a way not to feel hooked in to this whole thing, but my attempt to get a new PS2 didnít work out very well.) Otherwise might go straight into Final Fantasy XV.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:42 AM   #130

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Bugsnax on Xbox via Gamepass.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:52 AM   #131
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

Infamous: Second Son is the last PS4 game I still have to finish. It has the weirdest HDR I've seen in a game. Just trying to discern things is so difficult all too often, especially at night or when a light source is glowing near you. Looks worse without HDR. Of course they throw all the typical artificial lens crap on top too, which doesn't help the issue. Seems to be covered in dry moisture even when it's not raining.

Edit: It's on the same spots!

I hate having dirty eye glasses and would wipe that off as soon as I got the chance. But the virtual film director whose camera you're forced to view this game through is so proud of it that he doesn't clean it even over the course of several days.

Last edited by Warm Gun; 05-03-2022 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #132
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

Finished Second Son.

Hm... Good. One of the better PS4 games I've played. Plays better than Horizon, not as pretentious as what Naughty Dog and Santa Monica did that generation (minus Lost Legacy), doesn't waste as much of your time as Spider-Man with its open world. Feels a little less made by committee. Story and characters are weak, but most of these kinds of games have that in common.

Had all those upgrades left after I finished. That's how sick I am of all the upgrade trees in games, of going through those menus, reading those descriptions and trying to decide, in every game. Boring.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:26 PM   #133

Nov 2014

Playing Kingdom Hearts, PS4 version. Itís alright, nothing really stands out too much beyond, ďLOOK! Characters you know!Ē, but itís pretty pleasant overall so far. I just met Merlin and the Fairy Godmother. I didnít like the Tarzan section, too much back and forth all over that place looking for the next sequence to trigger and some of the vines and trees I was supposed to climb didnít immediately stand out to me so that compounded the issue. The rail shooter bits feel completely pointless. Am I really going to have to put up with these every time I go to a different world? I need to start tinkering with the AI, otherwise Donald is going to keep going down in every big fight.

This series is loaded with the kinds of tendencies I hate in Tetsuya Nomuraís art style but I can work with it for now.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:34 PM   #134

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Getting close to finishing Guardians of the Galaxy via Gamepass and than I’ll probably move onto the 360 port of Bioshock.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #135

Apr 2019
Sacramento, California

I've been playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS4), currently wrapping up all of the miscellaneous side quests before I tackle the final story mission.

At the rate I'm going this will take me multiple days, there's too many open world collectibles and some of the challenges are annoyingly hard.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:05 PM   #136

Nov 2014

Finished Kingdom Hearts earlier this week. A fun, charming game. Got a little frustrated towards the end when it kept getting stretched out further, especially when you have to climb up that castle again. At least that wasnít the actual final area, so thatís good. I got all of the keyholes but havenít done the optional bosses. I did try them though. The Agrabah one seemed doable immediately with better preparation. Sephiroth killed me really fast! Iíll absolutely play the second and third games but Iím not sure about the others.

Playing Final Fantasy XV now. Iím liking it. I tend to lose interest in open world games, theyíre just too diffuse, but I think this has a better chance of keeping me going (and this is good proof - the old Final Fantasy games are NOT open world as some like to describe them, theyíre scarcely less linear than Final Fantasy XIII.) I overdid it in chapter one, did practically everything except the two high level dungeons, though I did go into the Baleuve Mines (ran into the Samurai guy, who promptly killed me, then I carefully returned to pick up as much treasure as I could.) Killed an Iron Giant and the Bandersnatch. Did so much in chapter one I was able to do a lot of the side quests in chapter 2 instantly. I like driving around to past FF soundtracks (but shame on them for not using the SNES FFIV soundtrack!)
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

Majora's Mask

Another game needs to rip off Groundhog Day. I haven't played this game as many times as Ocarina of Time. Still generally remember everything, but I don't remember exactly how to get to a solution (both where to go and what to do) a lot of the time, so in that way it's more satisfying to me than Ocarina. Feels more polished. World is more populated with interesting stuff. Of all the Nintendo games I've played, best side quests and NPCs. That Dolby Surround mix is better than other early 2.0 surround mixes I've heard in games. Remember in Sly 1 or 2 my own footsteps bleeding into the surrounds. Like the humor, the wackiness. Had forgotten you stuff the Deku Scrub princess into your bottle. Made me chuckle.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion