Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.57

Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.49

Comin' at Ya! 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.08

Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.49

The Smurfs 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.69

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.09

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 12-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #461

Jun 2011

[QUOTE=Joe D.;15883966]Hi Boss,

Great 3D and story but if you're scared of heights, watching it on your headset is not recommended. Were you also referring to The Walk VR game as well as the 3D Blu-ray?
Old 12-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #462
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

[quote=BossTweed;15891016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Boss,

Great 3D and story but if you're scared of heights, watching it on your headset is not recommended. Were you also referring to The Walk VR game as well as the 3D Blu-ray?
Hi boss,

Only the movie.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:02 AM   #463
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Hi Boss,

Just watched The Croods. There were many dark scenes when in the cave and so I turned the darbee on and off to see if there was little difference as you mentioned.

I found it didn't make as dramatic a difference as with normal brightness, however, it still made images a bit sharper. Don't forget, when in a darkened situation, our own vision loses detail as is natural.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #464

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Boss,

Just watched The Croods. There were many dark scenes when in the cave and so I turned the darbee on and off to see if there was little difference as you mentioned.

I found it didn't make as dramatic a difference as with normal brightness, however, it still made images a bit sharper. Don't forget, when in a darkened situation, our own vision loses detail as is natural.
Yes! that is true! I have been watching the Star Wars movies 1-8 and The Holiday Special with The Darbee and it really makes them look much better! The 3D effect is better with the Darbee now than without it!
Old 12-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #465
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Yes! that is true! I have been watching the Star Wars movies 1-8 and The Holiday Special with The Darbee and it really makes them look much better! The 3D effect is better with the Darbee now than without it!
Hi Boss,

I really do love it and would recommend the darbee to everyone. It is not artificial enhancement but additional processing of each pixel and that is evident when one notices there is no blanket change throughout the picture when in pause. Not everything is affected in proportion to others. With some objects there is little or no change in saturation, sharpness or detail. In others there is some while others the improvement is tremendous. And it's specific. Color could remain the same on some but not others. Same with sharpness and detail. So it's not adding anything "fake".

I understand the darbee is incorporated on Oppo's high end Blu-ray players. What else needs to be said? But this add on enables us to use it on cable and even VHS tapes instead of just DVDs and Blu-rays.

Happy and healthy holidays to you, your family and friends from my wife Mary Jane and I.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #466
Power Member

Mar 2010

A couple projectors from Optima have Darbee built in.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (12-26-2018), Joe D. (12-27-2018)
Old 07-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #467

Oct 2009
GA

Joe... I finally caved in and bought a used Darbeevision Dvp-5000s. I always thought it was a gimick but I think for 3D viewing, this is a must because no matter what... all 3D blu-ray will only output 1080p. I didn't need one because I had a 4K LG OLED with Oppo 203... but now I have a front projector (Epson 5050ub) with 150" scope screen and I imagine it could use some enhancements. I love the 3D on the OLED with that extra contrast and pop but it was lacking on the projector. Hopefully this will help with that... one thing for sure, once you go big screen 3D... it's hard to go back to tiny TV.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #468

Feb 2020

I've had the Darbee 5000s for about three years, with a Sony 70" HD 3D. The Darby shines most on blu ray (including 3D) when there is lots of texture. For a scene on a city street, you might say, "Yes, I think I can see a difference." FFor something like Tarzan 3D walking through a jungle or grassland, or the backyard garden in Coraline 3D the increase in detail and vividness is stunning, a "Wow!' difference. Or for regular blu ray, we watched The African Queen, and the foliage, Bogart's scruffy beard and shirt, "Wow!" again. Same thing with The Trouble with Harry on blu ray, the fall colors at the start look nice in blu ray, but "Wow!" with the Darby. For my system, I have it set at 90 and leave it on all the time. When ever a textured or forest scene comes on, I like to turn on the demo mode, for a reminder of what I am getting from the Darby.
Thanks given by:
ckyllr (07-16-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #469

Jul 2020
Default Seeking 3d tv

Hey Im new to this website. Ive been searching for ages but can't seem to find a 3d tv I've always wanted one anyone selling any or know anyone who has one this would be amazing to own or tips other than eBay. I have a blu ray 3d DVD and a compatible DVD player for 3d movies and would really appreciate all the help many thanks as love films and stuff
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology