Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.49
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.74
 
Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.99
 
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
IMAX: National Parks Adventure 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default HELP my 3d glasses won't turn on!!!

I purchased a pair of Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses from Amazon back on 10/10/2012.
The glasses have worked flawlessly up until now.
Even though the glasses are fully charged, they won't power on when I hit the "ON" button.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Go passive...

I'm not serious. Seriously though, those things are so fickle it's half the reason I don't watch 3D these days. It's just an expenive nuisance that adds something to exactly three films.

Oh wow, I'm the hater that ruined the thread. Sorry. But yeah, you gotta buy some new glasses. Sorry, dude...
 
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2012
2
Default

Have you tried turning them on while plugged in? I had a pair that wouldn't kick on even though they were charged and I just plugged them back in and booted them up. I haven't had the problem since.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Have you tried turning them on while plugged in? I had a pair that wouldn't kick on even though they were charged and I just plugged them back in and booted them up. I haven't had the problem since.
I'll give that a try.

Thanks!
 
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
It's just an expenive nuisance that adds something to exactly three films.
You haven't seen many 3D movies, have you?

3D is so much more immersive than ordinary 2D.
2D is flat and uninvolving.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Have you tried turning them on while plugged in?
I had a pair that wouldn't kick on even though they were charged and I just plugged them back in and booted them up.
I haven't had the problem since.
I followed your instructions and it worked!
My 3D glasses are back to working again.

Thanks Serendipity.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
You haven't seen many 3D movies, have you?

3D is so much more immersive than ordinary 2D.
2D is flat and uninvolving.
Only the forty that I own...

Didn't wanna start a fight. Was just venting. Also, I think my eyes suck, cause I really don't see what most of you see when I'm discussing 3D with y'all.

Lots of factors made me give up. But I don't wanna sound like I was telling you to give up too. Which I did, and I'm sorry.
 
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
I followed your instructions and it worked!
My 3D glasses are back to working again.

Thanks Serendipity.
That's excellent!
 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
Coach81 Coach81 is offline
Active Member
 
Coach81's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
51
Default

Mine are out also.. I have the Samsung active glasses.. they worked just fine until last week, now they don't sync up with my TV anymore.. good batteries, blink green then red.. but will not pair with my plasma TV (8000 series plasma - '11).. according to the store that I got them from the transmitter must be bad.. repair incoming...

any suggestions???
 
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Mine are out also.. I have the Samsung active glasses.. they worked just fine until last week, now they don't sync up with my TV anymore.. good batteries, blink green then red.. but will not pair with my plasma TV (8000 series plasma - '11).. according to the store that I got them from the transmitter must be bad.. repair incoming...

any suggestions???
Have you tried Serendipity's solution in post #3?
 
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Coach81 Coach81 is offline
Active Member
 
Coach81's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Have you tried Serendipity's solution in post #3?
Mine don't plug in.. they use batteries...
 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Mine don't plug in.. they use batteries...
Do a search on google.com and see if anyone else has had the same problem.
You might get lucky and find a "fix" for your glasses.
 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
I followed your instructions and it worked!
My 3D glasses are back to working again.

Thanks Serendipity.
I just saw your post that it worked. I'm glad it worked out for you!

For the poster with the Samsung Glasses:
You may just be out of luck. If you look up battery powered 3D glasses (Samsung is one of the few that make them) they are usually pretty much dead. Some have had success contacting Samsung support about the limited warranty and have received replacements. Good Luck!
 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
Do a search on google.com and see if anyone else has had the same problem.
You might get lucky and find a "fix" for your glasses.
Google helped me heaps the other day when I couldn't get my WiiU to connect to the internet...

Who'd have thought I'd actually have to hack into the %^&**@#! Some people are so smart, I don't know how the first person who found the solution even thought of it...

Failing that, buy more glasses. I had a Sammy. They were nice and cheap. Too bad my second pair arrived after I'd already broken the TV.

That was fun. I took it, an old CRT and a bunch of broken concrete down to the dump. One concrete brick is all it takes to punch a hole clean through a plasma screen. It takes at least three to break the glass on a CRT.

I'm not helping, I know. But hopefully I'm entertaining...
 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
STONECOLD132003 STONECOLD132003 is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2010
127
1132
187
Default

Sony has had a lot of problems with their 3d glasses. Even Sony has started using the passive glasses in their sets. Also active glasses have been known to cause seizures, even with people with no history of seizures. Plus what if u have more than 4 or 5 people over do u share glasses? And the best part, no batteries needed. They won't quit in the middle of a movie. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything or bash Sony. In fact Sony has one of the best passive sets out right now, thinking about getting a 2nd 3d Sony set.
 
Old 06-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
Captain Kirk Captain Kirk is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONECOLD132003 View Post
Sony has had a lot of problems with their 3d glasses. Even Sony has started using the passive glasses in their sets. Also active glasses have been known to cause seizures, even with people with no history of seizures. Plus what if u have more than 4 or 5 people over do u share glasses? And the best part, no batteries needed. They won't quit in the middle of a movie. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything or bash Sony. In fact Sony has one of the best passive sets out right now, thinking about getting a 2nd 3d Sony set.
There's no more danger with shutter/active glasses than there are with fast paced video games that have the same warning.

Passive may be cheaper/lighter glasses but I find the picture isn't as bright and is more flat.
 
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
SwaggerJagger SwaggerJagger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SwaggerJagger's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
California!
16
852
3
19
58
91
Default

I'm passive and I don't have these problems, I would hate to come home with a new 3D Blu-Ray and not be able to watch it because the glasses don't work. D: But I understand that passive isn't as good, but good enough for me.
I'm glad your glasses are in working condition!
 
Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONECOLD132003 View Post
Also active glasses have been known to cause seizures, even with people with no history of seizures.
Never heard of this happening before.
Post a link to the story.
 
Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #19
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
Never heard of this happening before.
Post a link to the story.
Started happening to my mate. He took the glasses off quick, and had a rest. It was during a video game. He'd watched an entire movies on a 3D television prior to that. He also watched a scene from another movie at my place. And nothing. Then we stuck the video game on, and we were all like, what the?
 
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
90
583
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Started happening to my mate. He took the glasses off quick, and had a rest. It was during a video game. He'd watched an entire movies on a 3D television prior to that. He also watched a scene from another movie at my place. And nothing. Then we stuck the video game on, and we were all like, what the?
So I'll be ok, as long as I don't play any 3D video games?
 
Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 PM.