Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
6 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
7 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
18 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Django + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$36.68
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #641
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

ATTN: US F1 Fans

Speed has lost the bidding for F1 for 2013. NBC placed a higher bid and will be showing races on NBCSN. This was rumored a week or two ago since FOX wants to dump Speed funding to put money towards a network to rival ESPN, and obviously the F1 license is a chunk of change.

But I'm curious if this will be better or not. Speed had a TON of ads and not the best commentators (better than Sky though from what I hear lol). BUT we don't know if NBC will 1)air practice sessions (and if not, will they stream them like Speed did) 2)will they retain Speed crew minus Varsha (since only Varsha has a contract with Speed/Fox and most importantly 3)will the races be live or tape delayed.

I hope they give us some planned details soon. But NBC has done nothing but terrible things to everything I have ever watched on that channel, so I'm pretty pessimistic.

BUT - I will sacrifice practice session/live airings if they were to do the side-by-side ads like for Indycar.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #642
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Well here we go again. Its Webber, Vettle and Hamilton starting the race with Alonso starting 4th. Its gonna suck if Fernando loses the championship lead with only I believe 2 races to go? I hope Ferrari is up to the challenge and gives Fernando a good enough car to keep the lead because if Vettle comes from behind and wins the Championship again I am gonna vomit!!!!! Dont get me wrong I like Vettle but we need a different Champ this year for gods sake.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Sony UBP-X800 4K Blu ray player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDN1080.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW 10.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #643
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁
South Korea

Oppa Vettel Style
🎮 XBL: xHAYA8U5Ax 🎮 PSN: Hayabusa85 🎮 Wii U: Hayabusa85 🎮

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 10-14-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #644
Power Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
ATTN: US F1 Fans

Speed has lost the bidding for F1 for 2013. NBC placed a higher bid and will be showing races on NBCSN. This was rumored a week or two ago since FOX wants to dump Speed funding to put money towards a network to rival ESPN, and obviously the F1 license is a chunk of change.

But I'm curious if this will be better or not. Speed had a TON of ads and not the best commentators (better than Sky though from what I hear lol). BUT we don't know if NBC will 1)air practice sessions (and if not, will they stream them like Speed did) 2)will they retain Speed crew minus Varsha (since only Varsha has a contract with Speed/Fox and most importantly 3)will the races be live or tape delayed.

I hope they give us some planned details soon. But NBC has done nothing but terrible things to everything I have ever watched on that channel, so I'm pretty pessimistic.

BUT - I will sacrifice practice session/live airings if they were to do the side-by-side ads like for Indycar.
Considering that my cable provider has still yet to give speed channel in hd, good.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #645
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

What a pathetically boring race. The level of excitement this season has taken a nosedive.
YNWA.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #646
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
What a pathetically boring race. The level of excitement this season has taken a nosedive.
Yes but All's Well That Ends Well.

Vettel is taking the title again.

There should also be no doubt in Ferrari's mind that Massa should retain his seat. He's been very solid in the second half.
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #647
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Only taking a nosedive if Vettel isn't your #1 To me if he wins a race it is exciting to me (Or Kimi). If some idiot like Hamilton or Pastor win a race even if it has a battle for first the full race and comes down to a photo finish it isn't exciting to me because I can't stand when drivers like that win. The way I see it I am going to watch the race regardless so would I rather be happy at the end with a Vettel win or bitter somebody I can't stand won while Vettel had a DNF or something. Just like if my favorite team is in the Superbowl. Am I going to care if they blow out the other team over winning on a game winning FG? Hell no. The win is all that matters in the end to me.

NASCAR races are tighter and it is still the most boring thing to ever exist. F1 allows real drivers to race and real manufacturers to design proper race cars so it is inevitable that somebody can pull away.

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 10-14-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #648
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Yes but All's Well That Ends Well.

Vettel is taking the title again.

There should also be no doubt in Ferrari's mind that Massa should retain his seat. He's been very solid in the second half.
Vettle hasnt taken nothing yet! There is still 2 races left and anything can happen. He's only 6 points ahead of Alonso so I would be celebrating just yet Hatter. And as for Massa? I suppose he will keep his job for 1 year due to Vettle rumored to be coming to Ferrari in 2013 but he hasnt dont crap to help the team at all in my book. That being said I agree with Trace and thats that todays race was boring as hell.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #649
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Vettle hasnt taken nothing yet! There is still 2 races left and anything can happen. He's only 6 points ahead of Alonso so I would be celebrating just yet Hatter. And as for Massa? I suppose he will keep his job for 1 year due to Vettle rumored to be coming to Ferrari in 2013 but he hasnt dont crap to help the team at all in my book. That being said I agree with Trace and thats that todays race was boring as hell.
Four races left actually. New Delhi, Yas Marina, Austin & Sao Paulo.

I hope Vettel just ends up staying with Red Bull Renault. They are a much better team and I can't stand Ferrari favoring drivers. Red Bull allows Vettel and Webber to go out there and race no matter what. Today yet again Massa was told to ease up and not overtake Alonso when he started to lap way faster than him.

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 10-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #650
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Warning: This article is more exciting than the entire race weekenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry dosed off just thinking about that race.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19940929

Quote:
Nico Hulkenberg is to leave Force India and join Sauber next year.
And Mexican Esteban Gutierrez, the team's reserve driver, is tipped as a partner for the German, which would leave Kamui Kobayashi without a seat.
Mexican Sergio Perez, Kobayashi's team-mate this year, is joining McLaren to replace Mercedes-bound Lewis Hamilton.

Ex-Toro Rosso drivers Sebastian Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari are vying with former Force India driver Adrian Sutil to be Hulkenberg's replacement.
If he loses the Sauber seat, Kobayashi also has a chance to go to Force India but is likely to have to find some sponsorship to secure the drive.
Sauber have not yet officially confirmed Hulkenberg but the deal is understood already to be done.

Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn has said Sauber will announce their 2013 driver line-up "before the end of the season".
Gutierrez's potential promotion would come at least partly at the behest of Sauber's Mexican sponsors - the team has a relationship with the country's billionaire business magnate Carlos Slim, who Forbes magazine says is the richest man in the world.
Bye bye Koba?
YNWA.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #651
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Warning: This article is more exciting than the entire race weekenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bye bye Koba?

I agree Trace.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #652
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:

Bye bye Koba?
Why no sponsorship? Takuma Sato has tons of sponsorship. He's the reason Super Aguri even lasted as long as it did. Even Ukyo Katayama was sponsored by Japan Tobacco for years to be a scrub driver for Tyrell and Minardi. How can a driver with considerably more talent not draw any interest?
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #653
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

I don't know, maybe they just don't want to be sponsoring an F1 driver at this time. Or maybe Koba has a horrible agent (not unlike Hamilton? lol). If he can't land an F1 seat though I wouldn't mind seeing him go up against Sato in Indy.
YNWA.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #654
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

This just in from Ferrari.com:

"Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has renewed its contract with the driver Felipe Massa to the end of the 2013 race season."

Not happy with this decision but its only one year which tells me even more that Vettle is coming to town in 2014. Ferrari had no choice really because who else could they bring in? Schumacher? Nope because of the bad blood between him and the Ferrari hiarchy plus he has stated that he is done after this season and has nothing left to prove. Sato? Nope....anyone else? Not really so they had no choice but to go with an under achieveing Massa who in my view I cant wait to see him go. But being a diehard Ferrari fan I guess I will have to live with him racing for Ferrari for at least one more year. That all being said I like Fernando's comments about Red Bull being due a dissapointing race because they have ran off 3 wins. I hope he's right, nothing against Vettle because I like the kid, I just want to see Alonso win a championship for the Tefosi and become a 3 time world champ.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #655
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

They could have gotten Koba but I don't know if that would be a step up or not. but as soon as I that this morning I just thought "lol Steve won't be happy"
YNWA.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #656
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
They could have gotten Koba but I don't know if that would be a step up or not. but as soon as I that this morning I just thought "lol Steve won't be happy"
Oh how right you were trace! lol
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #657
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Reports coming out that Grand Prix of America (New Jersey) will be postponed one year.

Quote:
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone and event organizers will make the announcement on Thursday, sources said.

The race, scheduled for June 16, 2013, will be pushed back a year in order for track organizers to finish the permitting process needed to complete the 3.2-mile road course along the Hudson River in Weehawken and West New York, N.J.

Among other things, track officials are waiting approval from Corps of Engineers to take control of property along the Hudson River where grandstands will be erected.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...ace-postponed/
YNWA.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #658
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Another dead boring race with Vettle winning once again and Alonso coming in second. Vettle leads by 13 now with 2 races left to go. Alonso better hope Vettles luck runs out and soon! Dont look to good right now and Vettle is closing in on his 3rd world title in a row. If he does it it will be pretty impressive to say the least.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #659
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Another dead boring race with Vettle winning once again and Alonso coming in second. Vettle leads by 13 now with 2 races left to go. Alonso better hope Vettles luck runs out and soon! Dont look to good right now and Vettle is closing in on his 3rd world title in a row. If he does it it will be pretty impressive to say the least.
I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that Vettel and Red Bull may be this generation's Schumacher and Ferrari.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
🎮 Batman: Arkham Knight LE PS4 || 🎮 Uncharted 4 LE PS4 || 🎮 Forza Motorsport 6 LE Xbox One
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #660
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that Vettel and Red Bull may be this generation's Schumacher and Ferrari.
I'm with you on that.
Sony XBR55X900E.
Xfinity 4K/HD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Tags
formula 1, motorsport, racing, sports