Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Scare Package (Blu-ray)
$14.59
9 hrs ago
Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99
23 hrs ago
Stephen King 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
5 hrs ago
The Pale Door (Blu-ray)
$14.59

Ready or Not (Blu-ray)
$8.99
4 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
The Dark Knight 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
300 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

INXS: Live Baby Live 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.28

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 07-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default CNET PS5 Pre Order Page Cached on Google

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

PlayStation 5 preorder: Sony's new consoles go on sale TK starting at $TK

You can finally reserve your new PS5.

Eli Blumenthal
July 21, 2020 11:39 a.m. PT

Quote:
Ready for the PlayStation 5? You're now able to preorder it for $TKTK for the Blu-ray equipped version or $TKTK for the digital-only PS5. Both consoles will ship on TKDATETK.

The reveal finally gives a firm price and release date for Sony's next PlayStation beyond the vague "holiday 2020" timeframe the company previously used when describing its forthcoming system.

After trailing Microsoft and its upcoming PS5-rival Xbox Series X in the news department, with TK's announcement Sony is setting the bar for what to expect when it comes to pricing the next generation of game consoles.

The pricing news is the latest in a busy summer for Sony. At its recent virtual June event, the company showed off its new consoles white and blue design's as well as providing a first look at a host of new games including Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon Forbidden West.

Specs for the PS5 include custom AMD CPUs and GPUs capable of outputting graphics at 8K resolution or at 4K and 120fps, as well 16GB of GDDR6 RAM and 825GB of high-performance solid-state storage that should enable significantly faster load times.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #2
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Well, judging by the wording in this cached article Sony should be announcing price and pre order first. Surely it can't be long now.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

My feeling is that CNET have got an article ready to roll with the most basic of wording to place actual dates into get that click revenue ASAP.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #4
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
My feeling is that CNET have got an article ready to roll with the most basic of wording to place actual dates into get that click revenue ASAP.
It's a bit specific though in regards to trailing MS in the news dept. Then saying Sony are setting the bar on what to expect with next gen pricing implies they will announcing it before MS announce Series X pricing.

Unless they have an Xbox post written up with the exact polar opposite and I've checked and google has nothing

They have the news they know what to write ahead of time as usual so it's ready to go. They just haven't had the exact dates and prices.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Well, guess we'll have to see but i just don't know why Sony waited all this time to not reveal pricing if they were going to go ahead of MS and not be bothered as well as why specifically its just CNET that got the news and leaks come from them instead of multiple sources.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Well, guess we'll have to see but i just don't know why Sony waited all this time to not reveal pricing if they were going to go ahead of MS and not be bothered as well as why specifically its just CNET that got the news and leaks come from them instead of multiple sources.
It's got to be something to do with the google algorithm. I know it does funny things, like the way you can find news articles about terror attacks that were cached hours/days before they actually occurred.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
It's got to be something to do with the google algorithm. I know it does funny things, like the way you can find news articles about terror attacks that were cached hours/days before they actually occurred.
I can see that all causing a tin foil hat moment for many things understandably.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #8
Power Member

Jan 2013

Imagine Sony puts out a press release an hour before the Xbox event this week, just saying the price and release date of the system?

Last edited by JayTL; 07-21-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Imagine Sony puts out a press release and hour before the Xbox event this week, just saying the price and release date of the system?
Total dick move but I could see them doing it, LOL!
Old 07-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Imagine Sony puts out a press release and hour before the Xbox event this week, just saying the price and release date of the system?
hahahahahahaha I could 100% see them doing this
Old 07-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #11
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Heh the page is throwing back 404 now. Guess someone realised the mistake.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Heh the page is throwing back 404 now. Guess someone realised the mistake.
Well thatís a relief. I donít have TKTK dollars saved up.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 01:42 AM   #13
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
It's a bit specific though in regards to trailing MS in the news dept. Then saying Sony are setting the bar on what to expect with next gen pricing implies they will announcing it before MS announce Series X pricing.

Unless they have an Xbox post written up with the exact polar opposite and I've checked and google has nothing

They have the news they know what to write ahead of time as usual so it's ready to go. They just haven't had the exact dates and prices.
It wouldn't be the first time a news organization "cached" a story to try and be first with a big headline, lets just hope they publish the right info when the time comes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5