Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)
$59.96

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5)
$59.96

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$99.99

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$69.99

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$59.96

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$109.96

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (PS5)
$69.99

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
$59.99

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (PS5)
$69.99

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
$59.99

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS5)
$69.88

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS5)
$49.98
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 07-22-2020, 02:53 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
Default PS5 Final Fantasy 7 Remake PT2 (TBD)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake PT2 has entered full development as of April 2020

Quote:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 has entered full development, and game director Tetsuya Nomura wants to deliver the game "as soon as possible."

The news arrives thanks to a 15-page interview from an upcoming issue of Japanese games magazine Famitsu, details of which were posted to the Ryokutya blog and later translated by Twitter user Aitaikimochi.

According to the blog source, full development has started for the second part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, following the first part's release in April of 2020.

Aitakimochi pulled another interesting quote from the same interview, which details Nomura's intentions for the second part's release. "We know that everyone wants the next installment quickly. We would also like to deliver it as soon as possible. Since we were also able to see the line of quality from the first installment, we hope to make the next installment even better in quality that can make for an even better experience," the quote reads. "We would to get it out as soon as possible, so please wait for it. I think we can clearly convey the direction when we officially announce the next installment."

Perhaps more interestingly, executive producer Yoshinori Kitase also explained that "The new story of Final Fantasy 7 has only just begun." That contrasts a little with Kitase's previous comments, when he said the original game's story wasn't being drastically changed.

So hopefully we'll see Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2's reveal in the near future. We reported back in early July that the game's development was "affected by COVID-19," and was subsequently being worked on from home. We gave the first part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake an 8 back in April, noting that it "breathes exciting new life into a classic."

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...47812985978881

Sadly forums dont allow twitter embedding bummer...

Last edited by R3P0; 07-22-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I hope there's a full on upgrade released of Part 1 so the graphics remain consistent with the later releases. I didn't properly experience FF7 in the vacuum of the PS1 and by then you're spoiled by PS3 era graphics and FFX from PS2s era as a reference point rather than traditional top down turn based. So hoping to get the Remake as a new way to experience the story.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I hope there's a full on upgrade released of Part 1 so the graphics remain consistent with the later releases. I didn't properly experience FF7 in the vacuum of the PS1 and by then you're spoiled by PS3 era graphics and FFX from PS2s era as a reference point rather than traditional top down turn based. So hoping to get the Remake as a new way to experience the story.
I cant imagine there wouldn't be. Remake is supposed to be coming to the PC next year, I would imagine that all can carry over as an upgrade for the PS5 as well.

If you have never played FFVII you should get the PS4 port version for 10 dollars and truly go through everything you will see just how much has changed between the original and Remake. I play the original yearly it is fantastic.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I doubt a ps5 version would look any different, it already looks like how it’s supposed to do imo

the ‘sacrifices’ were made in the design of the game, though (hidden loading screen)
Old 07-22-2020, 04:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I doubt a ps5 version would look any different, it already looks like how it’s supposed to do imo

the ‘sacrifices’ were made in the design of the game, though (hidden loading screen)
1. Full 4K
2. 60fps
3. Increase texture quality and consistency of texture quality/eliminate texture pop in
4. Decrease loading times

You're good to go!
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 Will Bring Back Classic Mode

Quote:
Square Enix’s Naoki Hamaguchi has revealed during the latest issue of Famitsu magazine that Classic Mode will be returning in Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2.

While this is good news for fans who preferred this mode to the new battle system, Hamaguchi-san also spoke about how gamers were eager to play Classic Mode in the normal difficulty setting, as it was only available on easy in the first part of the remake project.

As a result, there’s a chance that Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 may feature the ability to play Classic Mode without lowering the difficulty.
Thanks given by:
R3P0 (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2013

I'm most excited for Vincent. He probably won't appear until later in the game, unless things are changed around.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5