Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Savage Streets (Blu-ray)
$19.89
1 hr ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96

Just Before Dawn (Blu-ray)
$19.89
1 hr ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
2 hrs ago
Deadly Games 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.49
1 hr ago
The Train (Blu-ray)
$19.89
1 hr ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Possessor 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.49

Scream: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.51

Hocus Pocus 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama
Default Soundbar recommendations

There's a few sections this could go in, so I just picked this one lol

I've used my previous soundbar since I got my first Smart TV in 2014 and last week, it started to mess up... sound would go out and the dots would all light up and blink. So, time came to buy a new one. The previous one was a Vizio which is obviously not made anymore, so I thought sure, get another Vizio which lead me to getting one (SB362An-F6) but right away I could tell something was off with it. The background sounds fine, but the speaking is terrible and sounds like they're talking through a tin can and the bass overpowers everything with the subwoofer and turning the bass down makes the speaking sound flat. It sounds like if you were to use a computer or even a cell phone as your TV's speaker... So after 2 days, I need to find something better.

Looking for any recommendations on a soundbar, preferably $50-100 but as cheap as possible without losing quality, especially since I've just lost $100 on this piece of crap one, so I can't spend a lot. I don't care about surround or subwoofers or anything like that, I just want good audio. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by kevin87; 10-16-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2011
MURICA

Following as I am looking for something that is going to optimize sound with new 4K TV and PS5 for movies and games.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:28 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

If you want a good quality soundbar you'll have to save up and spend a few dollars more because with a $50.00-100.00 soundbar, you're going to end up right back where you've started. It's best to buy a high quality soundbar the first time around, instead of keep purchasing cheap multiple soundbars that's not going to last very long. You'll spend a lot more money buying cheap soundbars practically every 1-2 years then just buying one good soundbar that going to last a long time, and you can purchase an extended warranty if something goes wrong with it, then you won't have to buy another soundbar.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:44 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
If you want a good quality soundbar you'll have to save up and spend a few dollars more because with a $50.00-100.00 soundbar, you're going to end up right back where you've started. It's best to buy a high quality soundbar the first time around, instead of keep purchasing cheap multiple soundbars that's not going to last very long. You'll spend a lot more money buying cheap soundbars practically every 1-2 years then just buying one good soundbar that going to last a long time, and you can purchase an extended warranty if something goes wrong with it, then you won't have to buy another soundbar.
Doesn't have to be fantastic high quality, it just needs to sound natural. The previous one I had was under $100 and it lasted 6 years and didn't make voices sound flat and overpowered by the background noise... and didn't sound worse than a phone or computer and didn't sound like it was somebody talking through something metallic in another room. This one almost sounds like it should be mono and not stereo.

Last edited by kevin87; 10-17-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:53 AM   #5

Oct 2009
Nashville, TN
Send a message via AIM to David McMinn

It have a 43" soundbar with sub woofer that is very good. The sound is rich and clear. No problems in setting it up. It's on a 32" Sharp TV 2011 model. The soundbar should sound even better on newer technology. My is patched through the red, white, yellow patch cord.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:46 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
Doesn't have to be fantastic high quality, it just needs to sound natural. The previous one I had was under $100 and it lasted 6 years and didn't make voices sound flat and overpowered by the background noise... and didn't sound worse than a phone or computer and didn't sound like it was somebody talking through something metallic in another room. This one almost sounds like it should be mono and not stereo.
If you want just a basic 2-channel soundbar to amplify the audio from you TV, this LG soundbar seems pretty good: With only $20.00 more you can buy an extended 4 year warranty, which I think its well worth it. Including the manufacturer's 1 year warranty, you'll have a total of 5 years of coverage. The extended warranty will not go into effect until after the manufacturer's warranty has expired. If something goes wrong with it within 5 years, you can return it, and If it can't be repaired (which I don't think Best Buy will do since the speaker only cost $90.00, and the labor will cost approximately the same or more) they'll just give you a brand new soundbar.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-2-0-...?skuId=6201020

Last edited by slimdude; 10-18-2020 at 01:00 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion