Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$82.26
17 hrs ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.50
1 day ago
Doctor Who: William Hartnell - Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$49.69

Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Bates Motel: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$53.40
1 day ago
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$37.49
1 day ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$28.99
1 hr ago
Fear the Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$31.49

Mr. Robot: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.90
1 day ago
Doctor Who: The Power of the Doctor (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-23-2022, 12:04 AM   #1

Feb 2017
planet nebula ky
Default is the Real Ghostbusters DVD complete series really missing episodes?

im not sure where this goes.....but are there really episodes missing from the complete Real Ghostbusters series on DVD? wal mart has them in store for 30 but of course cheaper on ebay. and i was thinking about picking them up. but i also heard the firehouse set that came with the steelbooks, had all the complete episodes. the steelbooks by time life was also released seperatly. as individuals. the same set from the fire house set. and their dirt cheap when you find them online. sometimes. but the problem is. you cant find them. i had vol. 1 couldnt afford the rest of the set when they first came out. bc i think i was still in high school when they came out. or a few yrs after high school
Old 01-22-2023, 12:55 AM   #2
Banned

Oct 2009

I hear only the German blu is 100% complete
Old 01-22-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfCub View Post
im not sure where this goes.....but are there really episodes missing from the complete Real Ghostbusters series on DVD? wal mart has them in store for 30 but of course cheaper on ebay. and i was thinking about picking them up. but i also heard the firehouse set that came with the steelbooks, had all the complete episodes. the steelbooks by time life was also released seperatly. as individuals. the same set from the fire house set. and their dirt cheap when you find them online. sometimes. but the problem is. you cant find them. i had vol. 1 couldnt afford the rest of the set when they first came out. bc i think i was still in high school when they came out. or a few yrs after high school
There was a time life set that came out years before this that was complete. The new set is indeed incomplete.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:26 PM   #4
Power Member

Jan 2014

Not gonna lie to you, the Time Life Firehouse set is immaculate. Even today it probably stands as one of the finest releases of a TV show on any format. That said, the prices it's going for on eBay are what I'd consider outright unwise amounts of money to spend on a DVD. I know this probably won't stop you (because frankly it probably wouldn't stop me), but the cheapo $30 set contains most-to-all of the episodes of the series that are actually worth a damn. At this point in time, I'd just settle for the low hanging fruit and hope a more complete cheaper version comes out later. Afterlife is getting a sequel after all. Stranger things have happened.
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (01-25-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #5
Banned

Oct 2009

I imported the German set and I'm a happy customer
Old 01-25-2023, 04:00 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
California

Yeah, that TimeLife firehouse box set from 2008 is the crown jewel of my DVD collection. I can't remember now how much it was at the time but it was still pricey for me, and I had to take the option of the four-part installment plan in order to pay for it. But it was worth every penny.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:39 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019

I bought the volume sets though I only have 3 of the 5.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:43 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA

In fairness, the Sony DVD (old and new) are compilation releases.

But yes, if you want the full series, the Time-Life set is the way to go despite the problems, such as sped-up and sped-down masters for a selection of episodes. YET, some of those episodes on the recent Sony releases are CORRECTED...plus some alternate cuts/versions (which might be worth double dipping):

https://www.spookcentral.tk/2016/08/...ony-dvd-review

https://www.spookcentral.tk/2017/01/...ony-dvd-review

And with how popular Ghostbusters still is, you think Sony (through them or Shout! Factory) would release a NEW set containing from both the Time-Life and their releases; all episodes with all known alternate cuts and audio, old and new extras (plus the HD remastered pilot), and even for DVD alone it'd be worth the purchase.

Ghostbusters' 40th anniversary is coming up so...now's a good time...
Thanks given by:
Talyn (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 06:53 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
In fairness, the Sony DVD (old and new) are compilation releases.

But yes, if you want the full series, the Time-Life set is the way to go despite the problems, such as sped-up and sped-down masters for a selection of episodes. YET, some of those episodes on the recent Sony releases are CORRECTED...plus some alternate cuts/versions (which might be worth double dipping):

https://www.spookcentral.tk/2016/08/...ony-dvd-review

https://www.spookcentral.tk/2017/01/...ony-dvd-review

And with how popular Ghostbusters still is, you think Sony (through them or Shout! Factory) would release a NEW set containing from both the Time-Life and their releases; all episodes with all known alternate cuts and audio, old and new extras (plus the HD remastered pilot), and even for DVD alone it'd be worth the purchase.

Ghostbusters' 40th anniversary is coming up so...now's a good time...
I'd love this!
Thanks given by:
Nailwraps (01-28-2023)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows