Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Fall (Blu-ray)
$10.99
1 hr ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
1 hr ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$82.26
16 hrs ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.50
1 day ago
Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.99
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-29-2022, 12:02 AM   #21

Feb 2018
TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteberry View Post
The only source I could find is a user on the TCM forum:
https://forums.tcm.com/topic/270600-...otm-june-2022/

June 3rd

PIGSKIN PARADE (1936)
BROADWAY MELODY OF 1938 (1937)
EVERYBODY SING (1938)
LISTEN DARLING (1938)
BABES IN ARMS (1939)
BABES ON BROADWAY (1941)
STRIKE UP THE BAND (1940)

June 10th

LITTLE NELLIE KELLY (1940)
ZIEGFELD GIRL (1941)
PRESENTING LILY MARS (1943)
GIRL CRAZY (1943)
FOR ME AND MY GAL (1942)
THE PIRATE (1948)
IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME (1949)
THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
THE WIZARD OF OZ: 50 YEARS OF MAGIC (1990)
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (1944)
THE CLOCK (1945)

June 17th

THOROUGHBREDS DON'T CRY (1937)
LOVE FINDS ANDY HARDY (1938)
ANDY HARDY MEETS DEBUTANTE (1940)
LIFE BEGINS FOR ANDY HARDY (1941)
THE HARVEY GIRLS (1946)
EASTER PARADE (1948)
SUMMER STOCK (1950)

June 24th

GAY PURR-EE (1962)
TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY (1946)
A STAR IS BORN (1954)
TBA
I tend to forget that TCM has a forum to find info like that. Thanks for passing on the info
Old 05-12-2022, 11:16 PM   #22

Feb 2018
TX

This is down to $17.99 on Amazon now, if anyone is looking to still pre-order it or have already done so on Amazon. Ziegfeld Girl got knocked down t $17.99 as well. For Me and My Gal is the only one left at over $20, at $22.49.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 AM   #23
Blu-ray reviewer

Aug 2011
Harrisburg, PA

Saved the best of this month's Judy Garland releases for last. Enjoy!

The Clock Blu-ray Review
Thanks given by:
dressedtokill (06-14-2022), Gacivory (06-14-2022), Hammerlover (06-14-2022), MifuneFan (06-14-2022), ponderingtheuniverse (06-14-2022), whiteberry (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 01:56 AM   #24

Feb 2018
TX

I was planning on putting this on (and my 4K of The Wizard of Oz) for Judy's birthday this past Friday but the power chord to my 4K player was broken (I don't even know how long it had been since I haven't used it as much as I should lately) so now I'm waiting for a replacement to get here. Seeing the caps and review is making the wait a bit agonizing right now XD
Old 06-25-2022, 04:13 AM   #25

Feb 2018
TX

I finally put on The Clock tonight and no joke it felt like I was watching it for the first time with how amazing the restoration is. I will admit I haven't properly watched it in a long time and this is the first WAC blu-ray I've gotten around to watching. But anyways, I was so floored at the quality that I couldn't believe I was watching a film from 1945. If it didn't have that soft, 40s look to it, I would've thought it was filmed yesterday. The sound was pretty amazing too. The score elevated the film, especially building up to the kiss at the park. I got tingles going down my spine from that scene. I'm surprised the sensuality and intimacy in this were allowed to pass censors.

I'm still at a loss as to why the Academy waited until is A Star Born to give her a lead actress nomination when this film was right here. Her expressive eyes (and by extension, eyebrows) deserved an Oscar alone. Minnelli and the cinematographer, George Folsey, deserved nominations as well.

I hope the blu-ray is exposing more people to this film and giving it the proper recognition it deserves. There's a reason why its in my top three Judy films.
Thanks given by:
BlueCotton (07-22-2022), James Luckard (06-25-2022), jeangreyforever (01-25-2023)
Old 11-09-2022, 03:34 AM   #26

Feb 2018
TX

Thanks to the discussion about having a Sony UBP-X700 player in the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 4K thread, I realized I watched this back in June with DNR applied. I didn't know that the player has DNR automatically applied as the default, for blu-rays and DVDs only, not 4Ks. I'm not entirely sure when I'll rewatch it again (possibly next month though), but I'm wondering how it'll look with the DNR off. It really looked amazing with the DNR applied, but I guess that shows that the restoration was so good that it being automatically applied without me realizing it didn't affect the experience negatively at all or make it look bad in any way. Perhaps thats why it looked like it had been recently shot, due to the lack of "noise" (or basically grain.)
Old 01-25-2023, 02:43 AM   #27

Nov 2020

Anyone know what the status of this is (opp?) I want to get this and have checked both Amazon US and Canada and it's 3rd party only for quite awhile. Not sure if Amazon is going to get any more stock.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:51 AM   #28
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put_The_Candle_Back View Post
Anyone know what the status of this is (opp?) I want to get this and have checked both Amazon US and Canada and it's 3rd party only for quite awhile. Not sure if Amazon is going to get any more stock.
It's been in stock the whole time, but Amazon shows it as unavailable to countries that they don't ship to. Same thing happens to me with products at Amazon UK

Moviezyng ships worldwide, though I'm not sure if they ship to your particular country. You can wait for one of their Warner Archive sales too. They also have a code for 10% off: SAFEOPT10

https://www.moviezyng.com/the-clock-...d/883929794317

I think Deep Discount also ships internationally, and should have it available.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:54 AM   #29
Special Member

May 2013
Dothan, AL

Quote:
If you search from this site, the Amazon link shows it in stock for $13.64 from Amazon and shipped by Amazon.

Or you can try: https://www.amazon.com/The-Clock-Blu-ray/dp/B09YTJ6BT8?tag=bluray-000-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 01-25-2023, 04:11 AM   #30

Nov 2020

I've checked the Bluray product page:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-C...lu-ray/315682/

and it does listed it as In Stock and the price, but when I go to Amazon US, it does not list anything ('See Similar Items' and 'See All Buying Options'). I'm in Canada so 99% of the time, it lists the price and I can order the item from the US. For some reason I can't order this directly from Amazon. I can see the 3rd party vendors only.

Amazon Canada lists only 3rd party vendors:

https://www.amazon.ca/CLOCK/dp/B09YT...d%2C106&sr=1-2

Last edited by Put_The_Candle_Back; 01-25-2023 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:20 AM   #31
Special Member

Apr 2014
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponderingtheuniverse View Post
I finally put on The Clock tonight and no joke it felt like I was watching it for the first time with how amazing the restoration is. I will admit I haven't properly watched it in a long time and this is the first WAC blu-ray I've gotten around to watching. But anyways, I was so floored at the quality that I couldn't believe I was watching a film from 1945. If it didn't have that soft, 40s look to it, I would've thought it was filmed yesterday. The sound was pretty amazing too. The score elevated the film, especially building up to the kiss at the park. I got tingles going down my spine from that scene. I'm surprised the sensuality and intimacy in this were allowed to pass censors.

I'm still at a loss as to why the Academy waited until is A Star Born to give her a lead actress nomination when this film was right here. Her expressive eyes (and by extension, eyebrows) deserved an Oscar alone. Minnelli and the cinematographer, George Folsey, deserved nominations as well.

I hope the blu-ray is exposing more people to this film and giving it the proper recognition it deserves. There's a reason why its in my top three Judy films.
It's one of my personal favorite Judy films as well. I agree she should have gotten an Oscar nomination, but 1945 was a pretty competitive year for actresses. Dorothy McGuire was snubbed for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and so was Bette Davis for The Corn is Green.
Thanks given by:
ponderingtheuniverse (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 04:21 AM   #32
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:

and it does listed it as In Stock and the price, but when I go to Amazon US, it does not list anything ('See Similar Items' and 'See All Buying Options'). I'm in Canada so 99% of the time, it lists the price and I can order the item from the US. For some reason I can't order this directly from Amazon. I can see the 3rd party vendors only.
Yes it's normal, some WAC dvds and blurays are only sold in the US only through Amazon.com only. You can buy them from moviezyng.com however or any other retailer. I would wait for another discount if so.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:20 PM   #33
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:

Amazon Canada lists only 3rd party vendors:

https://www.amazon.ca/CLOCK/dp/B09YT...d%2C106&sr=1-2
Did you see my post? It explains why if you don't live in the US.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:14 PM   #34

Nov 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Did you see my post? It explains why if you don't live in the US.
I did read your post, however since I live in Canada, I order from both Amazon US and Canada and get pretty much everything (never ordered from Amazon outside of these 2). Amazon US does ship to Canada and it sounded like you thought I lived outside of North America and that was the reason Amazon US wouldn't ship to me. I should have clarified where I lived. I Did not know that Warner Archive have some titles that are US only (there was another item that came out about 2 years ago and it lists 3rd party for both Amazon US and Canada that I also wanted). Looks like I have to get those 2 blurays from moviezyng.com. Thanks for the replies.
Old 01-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #35
Blu-ray King

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
I did read your post, however since I live in Canada, I order from both Amazon US and Canada and get pretty much everything (never ordered from Amazon outside of these 2). Amazon US does ship to Canada and it sounded like you thought I lived outside of North America and that was the reason Amazon US wouldn't ship to me. I should have clarified where I lived. I Did not know that Warner Archive have some titles that are US only (there was another item that came out about 2 years ago and it lists 3rd party for both Amazon US and Canada that I also wanted). Looks like I have to get those 2 blurays from moviezyng.com. Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately they will block some stuff for Canada too. I have a Canadian address in my address book, and it does show as Unavailable if I switch to it.
Old 01-25-2023, 10:39 PM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Amazon Canada has been blocking many sales to the US for the last 2 years or so. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon US has started doing the same thing to Canada.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:50 AM   #37

Feb 2018
TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangreyforever View Post
It's one of my personal favorite Judy films as well. I agree she should have gotten an Oscar nomination, but 1945 was a pretty competitive year for actresses. Dorothy McGuire was snubbed for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and so was Bette Davis for The Corn is Green.
I'm trying to move away from the mindset that the Oscars are the end-all to be-all when it comes to stuff like this, you know, the value and importance of the actors. I feel like us fans give them more recognition than the awards ever will (despite them no longer being alive, but through buying their films and whatnot.) They have value and talent regardless if they get nominations or not.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America