Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$14.63

Sorcerer Hunters: The Complete TV Series and OVA (Blu-ray)
$31.82

Steins;Gate 0 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Kimagure Orange Road: The Complete OVA Series & Movie (Blu-ray)
$38.19

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.86

FLCL: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Nichijou - My Ordinary Life: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Steins;Gate 0 - Part One (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 01-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
Default Naruto movies and anime

This is a thread to discuss Naruto! Feel free to discuss the Anime,movies, and video games. Please make sure to use spoiler tags if it's applicable.

I for one am excited about the release of Naruto Blood Prison next month. I wish the US would release the first Shippuden movie along with the animated series.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

So, I've been playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 it's great! Love how they brought the free roaming ability back and you get a different non canon ending to the game.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #3

Jan 2009
QLD, Australia

I hope there is an eventual release of the first three Naruto movies on Blu-ray like France.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #4

Nov 2011

Naruto Shippuden is ending in November!!!

I'm actually pretty excited to see an anime I've watched this long finally get a good ending. Unlike a few others.... bleach and Hunter x Hunter
Old 10-08-2014, 03:56 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueleader17 View Post
Naruto Shippuden is ending in November!!!

I'm actually pretty excited to see an anime I've watched this long finally get a good ending. Unlike a few others.... bleach and Hunter x Hunter
the manga is ending in november. there is enough manga left that hasnt been made into anime to last another 25+ episodes. and thats if they decide to stick strictly to the manga and not do any filler stuff.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintrus View Post
I hope there is an eventual release of the first three Naruto movies on Blu-ray like France.
I know this is an old comment, but Viz just released the 1st 3 movies on DVD as a Triple Feature. Why there is no Blu-ray I have no idea. Same goes with the 1st 2 Bleach movies. But the Extras were lacking compared to the original DVD releases.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #7

Apr 2011

I've been loving Naruto Shippuden the longer and the further I get into it and now its my 3rd favorite Anime series of all time. I just want to know when it will ever be released as Blu-ray box sets over here in the states.
I don't get why Germany as up to season 11 or 12 on Blu-ray but we don't. I don't want to buy 3 different DVD boxes to complete 1 season. That would cost close to $90 (depending on which season you want to complete). I love seasons 1, 4, 6, 8 and basically after the fillers are done.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedemon218 View Post
I've been loving Naruto Shippuden the longer and the further I get into it and now its my 3rd favorite Anime series of all time. I just want to know when it will ever be released as Blu-ray box sets over here in the states.
I don't get why Germany as up to season 11 or 12 on Blu-ray but we don't. I don't want to buy 3 different DVD boxes to complete 1 season. That would cost close to $90 (depending on which season you want to complete). I love seasons 1, 4, 6, 8 and basically after the fillers are done.
Well we are getting Bleach on Blu-ray that starts from the very beginning from Viz. But just think Naruto is a series that needs way more than 27 episodes per set when coming to Blu-ray. Naruto as a whole has about 700 episodes unless you include the Rock Lee Spin-off series.

I don't know why the series couldn't have just ended with the Boruto movie.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #9
Power Member

Apr 2011
Baltimore

Currently watching Shippuden on Toonami. Only seven years behind!
Old 06-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post
Currently watching Shippuden on Toonami. Only seven years behind!
Yeah I watch it on Toonami too, but One Piece is still in the Thriller Bark season and that is 8 years old now.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:13 AM   #11

Apr 2011

Well when it comes to Naruto Shippuden only some Arcs or Seasons go past 25 episodes and those Arcs would be: Arcs 1, 6, 10, 12, & 14. And the filler Arcs that really don't matter would be Arcs 3, 7, and (in a way 9). And I mainly just want Shippuden on Blu-ray because "Naruto" is only good the first 130 episodes because after that its all fillers after that, but when you combine both Naruto & Naruto Shippuden yes they add up to 700 episodes
Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

I'm back to resuming the first Naruto series after having lost touch with it years ago. When I was watching new episodes consistently, I remember reaching the Third Hokage's funeral, so I backed up to the Chunin finals and resumed from there. I don't remember the Gaara backstory episodes, but those have been quite gripping. The whole show is just as affecting as I remember.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:00 AM   #13

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
I'm back to resuming the first Naruto series after having lost touch with it years ago. When I was watching new episodes consistently, I remember reaching the Third Hokage's funeral, so I backed up to the Chunin finals and resumed from there. I don't remember the Gaara backstory episodes, but those have been quite gripping. The whole show is just as affecting as I remember.
Yeah that happened to me when it first appeared on Toonami. I watched it there up until he died then I just lost interest in it. Then about 2 years ago I restarted from the very beginning and now I'm up to half-way through Arc 15 of Naruto Shippuden. Once 2017 starts I'll start the entire series from the start from Naruto and watch it go from Naruto into Naruto Shippuden similar to how I watch Dragon Ball go into DBZ into DBGT.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #14

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
I think I got up to the end of the Chunin exams back when the edited dub was on TV, but never got any further thanks to the reruns never getting past that point. I nearly considered picking up the 220-episode DVD boxset, but the price tag... is reasonable for anime but still kind of high.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:16 PM   #15

Feb 2015

I think Naruto and especially Naruto Shippuden are long overdue for rereleases with more episodes on DVD (or Blu-ray). I made it through 100 episodes of Shippuden a few years ago but lost interest and haven't watched it since.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

I did want to buy the DVD sets as well but now with Netflix (and before with Prime) I'll just catch up and later get the DVDs down the line. I will get the movies on BD but would prefer to also have the show on BD.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #17
Special Member

Nov 2014
Midwest

If Viz is going to release Naruto (Shippūden) on BD, it'll most likely be after the series is done airing. There's what, like 5-6 episodes left to air, max, in Japan? I know Viz is about 100 episodes behind, but given that there's already a BD release of hundreds of episodes in Germany, I don't think reverse importation fears will be a problem. Now that Ranma is completely out on BD and Sailor Moon is more than halfway through, I can very easily see Viz issuing the original Naruto on BD in 2017, alongside Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. That would just leave Inuyasha, and all of their long-running popular series would be out (save Pokémon, which isn't really theirs anyway).
Old 10-08-2016, 07:41 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginarion View Post
If Viz is going to release Naruto (Shippūden) on BD, it'll most likely be after the series is done airing. There's what, like 5-6 episodes left to air, max, in Japan? I know Viz is about 100 episodes behind, but given that there's already a BD release of hundreds of episodes in Germany, I don't think reverse importation fears will be a problem. Now that Ranma is completely out on BD and Sailor Moon is more than halfway through, I can very easily see Viz issuing the original Naruto on BD in 2017, alongside Bleach and Hunter x Hunter. That would just leave Inuyasha, and all of their long-running popular series would be out (save Pokémon, which isn't really theirs anyway).
Nope. Already announced more filler plus they are adapting the novels. Series will go into next year easy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion